PDA

View Full Version : 11-15 to 11-20 at POFQ--day 6--back to reality

Carolanne
11-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Day 6 11/20--Back to Reality

I have no idea what I was thinking, but when I had to change our flight home due to an AirTran schedule change, I picked an 8:47 AM flight home...never realizing that we would need to leave the resort super-early. We were pretty much up & gone before the food court opened. Thank goodness for Chick-fil-a in the airport!

Prior to this morning, I just wanted to extend our trip one more day. But then I knew that one more day would be another day...and another...and another...lol! It was so bad that when I found out there was a Christmas party on 11/19, DH had to practically hold me back because I wanted to run to the ticket window & get tix. What stopped me was us needing to be up & ready to leave by 6:15 AM the next morning,

Just a few things:

I swear that Disney is trying to encourage back-sleeping with the super-fluffy pillows they provide--us belly-sleepers can't handle those pillows! I might need to bring my own pillow next trip.
This is a great time of year to go. The weather was great, crowds were great, the Disney holiday decorations prepped me for the holiday spirit (though I was irrationally annoyed when I got home & saw a few neighbors already have Christmas decorations up on their lawns).
I think POFQ is my "home". That said, DH is really interested in checking out the Beach Club on our next trip.
Um, no more early going home flights for me. It's nice to be back in my own home a little earlier than usual, but...meh. I have no problem hopping on a 7 AM flight going to Disney, but the 8:47 AM flight back home just killed me, lol.
I love when you get a ferry boat CM that is knowledgeable in things other than Disney. Last night's captain told us all about the birds & other wild life that hangs out at Port Orleans.
I didn't take as many pictures this trip. I don't know if it's because I took so many pictures previously or what, but it was just nice to be able to walk around & not feel like I had to take pictures.
That's all I have for now. Thanks for reading, everyone. And for anyone gearing up for a trip to the World...enjoy!

KylesMom
11-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Carolanne, you guys certainly had your share of magical moments - and great meals this trip!!!

Thanks for taking the time while you were at Disney (and at home) to share the magic with all of us! :mickey:

faline
11-21-2009, 03:15 PM
It's always hard to leave! I agree about the morning flights. We've had a couple of early morning flights and I do dislike them. I like to squeeze a little bit of Disney time out of my last day instead of running out the door to the airport at the crack of dawn!

pdrlkr
11-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: