PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Stayed in the CBR Pirate Rooms?

DVC2004
11-20-2009, 11:55 AM
What did you think? Worth the money? We have two boys ages 10 and 12.

mom2morgan
11-20-2009, 07:38 PM
What did you think? Worth the money? We have two boys ages 10 and 12.

Looking forward to seeing the answers! My daughter wants to stay in a pirate room - I've seen the pictures on line and they look great - but I can't decide if it is worth paying just for decor, and I believe they are some of the farthest-out rooms.

rubato
11-20-2009, 08:03 PM
We chose to spend the same amount for a water view. I hope my son is going to be happy with my decision! :blush:

Hopefully, someone will answer your question soon! :)

KylesMom
11-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Surprisingly, there's not been a whole lot of comment on the Pirate-themed rooms at CBR in the past. They look awfully cool, and we actually considered them if we had needed to downgrade to a mod last year. Hopefully we'll get some feedback soon! :mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
11-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I haven't stayed in them yet, but I will be staying there in 13 days!! WOO HOO!! :woohoo: I'll let you know how they are. :pirate:

I LoveJack
11-20-2009, 09:45 PM
We were there the middle of Oct. and loved it. I don't know about paying the extra if you didn't have it, but with the money we saved from free dining, I splurged on an upgrade from Pop to the pirate rooms at CBR. My DD's, ages 9 & 11, loved it too. They thought that Mom was so cool for doing it for them.
They were not but a 5-10 minute walk to the main swimming pool,eateries, ect. And if you didn't want to walk the buses were running so you could just catch it instead. :thumbsup:

Suz36
11-20-2009, 09:57 PM
We stayed in one last month, and really liked it. The kids thought it was really cool, especially our son. We really didn't mind the walk to Old Port Royale, and it was quiet in that area. I'd say for the kid's enjoyment, it was worth the money.

Disney5Mom
11-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Yes. We loved them and we were all adults. The pirate theme is so cool! We loved hopping into the pirate beds each night and enjoyed our first visit to CBR. We will go back with Grandkids (if we have some!).:thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
11-23-2009, 08:28 AM
SOOOOO worth it! We loved it! I will definitely do this again! :pirate: We didn't pay attention to the walk at all.

andreallybadeggs
11-28-2009, 08:46 AM
No aaaarrrgument here. (sorry) :pirate::pirate:
Well check out my user name and then guess if we enjoyed it. DH especially (overgrown kid) thought it was way cool and DD loved her pirate bed. One of our fav things about the CBR is strolling the grounds so being a little further afield was practically a perk for us
(still only 10 min walk to anything we wanted).
Know at that age our sons would've loved it as well but they left Neverland and grew up a few yeas ago. ;)

98'cpTyphoonGuard
12-01-2009, 09:23 AM
My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay in a Pirate room last week. The room was awesome - my husband loved it. That being said, Trinidad South is the furthest buildings away from everything, and we were in building 39 (THE furthest). It was a 15 min. brisk walk from our room to Old Port Royale. Also as we were there during the week of Thanksgiving; it was very busy. On the morning we were going to MK the busses were filling up and not even coming to our bus stop. We ended up taking the 3rd Epcot bus that stopped and transferred to the monorail. It took us an hour and a half to get to the MK. But, keep in mind we don't spend a lot of time at the resort, we are park people. So for me, it will be back to Pop from now on.