PDA

View Full Version : Considering Club Level

marlaine
11-20-2009, 09:41 AM
We've been to WDW 5 years straight and always stayed at the Poly and love it there.
Our next trip, I am thinking of upgrading to Club Level at the Poly. Any thoughts on this?

I'm one of those compulsive planners. Planning our Disney trip is like a hobby to me--I start planning for the next years trip as soon as we get home. Every year I have found different experiences for us, and we've had a great time! How does it feel to hand over some of the planning and letting the Club Level people make all of your ADRs? Do you have a better chance of getting a hard-to-get ressie?

g0189a
11-20-2009, 02:01 PM
We have stayed on concierge level of the GF twice. I love how when we got off Magical Express there was someone there waiting for us to check us in personally.

First was honeymoon back in '93. :bride: :groom:
We got excellent seats to the Hoop Dee Doo but I thought we planned that ahead of the trip. We did meet with the concierge about our itinerary but not sure if we were just the lucky honeymoon couple in the round table near the stage or if concierge had anything to do with it.

Second trip was in 2005 at GF with the kids. They absolutely loved the "living room" with the little tables and TV for breakfast and snacks. Not sure if the Poly has that, but our kids felt like such big kids because they could sit by themselves away from grown ups and eat a meal (5 & 7 at the time) - even though we're just 5 feet away at a grown up sized table. I think between breakfast and afternoon snack we used those almost as much as a meal plan and you get wine to boot! :wine:

We're going down in mid-December and staying at the Yacht Club concierge level.
Since I have resisted all ADR's yet since it's supposed to be a slow week, I was going to put the concierge to the test this time. :fingers:

I hear their concierge area is smaller than GF but still nice service. We got that deal where it was 40% off concierge floor at the Disney web site. So we jumped on that immediately. It's up on the Special Offers page at the site but I have no idea of availability.

TammiMcMan
11-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Our next trip, I am thinking of upgrading to Club Level at the Poly. Any thoughts on this?Poly has one of the nicer club levels, so it's definitely a consideration.

How does it feel to hand over some of the planning and letting the Club Level people make all of your ADRs?You don't have to hand over anything if you don't want to. You can still make your own ADR's, just let them know the confirmation number and they'll put it all together in a personal itinerary for you.

Do you have a better chance of getting a hard-to-get ressie?Not really. The dining window opens at the same time, there is no advantage given to club level CM's. What is nice, is that if something is unavailable, because they are on the computer system all day, it is easier for them to snag cancellations.

Polynesian Dweller
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
We always stay at Poly club level and love it. We also always let them make our ADRs. You receive an itinerary planning email from them well in advance if the ADR window. Fill it out and email back and they take care of the rest. No getting up early and phoning or using the online system. Absolutely no worries. For us, they have always gotten our ADRs. They notify you with the confirm numbers on the day of the ADR window. Couldn't be easier. Highly recommended!!

The Poly club lounge has a great view across to the castle and perfect for the fireworks. There us food available almost all day long, chek tikiman's site for details. The club level CMs are very helpful and help with almost any request during your stat. We wouldn't do Disney any other way.

marlaine
11-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Thank you all! I just needed that little extra
"push"!:swing: