PDA

View Full Version : Zhu Zhu Pets

mjaclyn
11-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Has anyone else gotten sucked into the madness? Even with cell, email and desktop alerts to let me know when they're in stock online I still have yet to find ONE in stock. I've also called my local Toys R Us, Target and Walmart stores only to be told (many times) that nothing is available and they have no idea when they'll be getting any. The closest I've gotten to them so far is a message on twitter saying that the first 100 people in line at Toys R Us on Black Friday will receive a ticket to possibly be able to get ONE per household. Possibly??? Sheesh.

Disney4us2
11-20-2009, 02:13 AM
My DD wants one. They look so cute. I am not going to go crazy to get it in time for Christmas. If I find it... ok. There will be plenty after the new year.:newyear: In the mean time I will look if I am in the stores. In the mean time my DD will be very happy to find a Wii and games under the tree this year:tree:

kakn7294
11-20-2009, 08:49 AM
I bought one a few weeks ago from Ebay. I paid twice what it's worth but the look on my DDs face for her birthday in a couple of weeks will be well worth it. We can't find them here either.

laprana
11-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Have you tried looking at Hallmark stores in your area? I know that I've gotten e-mails from 2 different Hallmarks around me saying that they have gotten Zhu Zhu Pets in. Maybe they could be somewhere to add to your list of possibilities! :mickey:

Mousefever
11-20-2009, 01:55 PM
I just found Zhu Zhu pets in stock on amazon.com. I would check there and other places online. Amazon has never failed me.

Amy

starryeyes21
11-20-2009, 07:41 PM
The reason you cannot find them anywhere is because retailers are keeping them off shelves until black Friday. This drives up demand and creates a frenzy. So, 200 people line up at Toys R Us and only 100 people get the toy (maybe less). That leaves a lot of buyers looking for something else to purchase and creates a "mystique" around this unattainable toy.

There was a news story a few weeks ago about these toys. WalMart put them out on the shelves by accident. The stock people made a mistake because they toys were supposed to be held back until black Friday. So, when the customers went to the registers to purchase them they were told they could not do so and the toys were taken back. Lots of sad kids that day.

It's this year's Webkinz or Wii. Give it a few weeks and stores will be flooded with them.

faline
11-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Prior to a news report this morning, I would have had no idea what this discussion was about! It sounds a bit like the Cabbage Patch craze of years ago!

justice11
11-20-2009, 08:02 PM
yes we got them, my daughter ordered them from e-bay, at double the price, and i found out our local walmart was going to get them in and they would go on sale at midnight of the 8th, so my sister, her hubby and i went and the manager said they did not get them in. i found out he was lieing a few days later and called the day manager and she said they got 11 and for some reason there were 4 left in the back, she called me and said they were for the people who were there at midnight, so we got 1 apiece. when they came out people were buying them up and now are selling them for outrageous prices. greddy people! also hallmark said they will have them in, in january and they are charging double the price. good luck!!

mjaclyn
11-21-2009, 01:07 AM
I'm really annoyed because it's very obvious that retailers are creating an 'artificial' demand for these things. A friend of mine works for Toys R Us in the corporate offices and he told me that TRU gets 70% of these toys from the manufacturer and only 30% goes to other retailers like Walmart and Target. There are only a few retailers that sell them, and TRU owns some of them too! They own EToys and FAO which just 'happen' to have them in stock at much higher prices when TRU is 'sold out'. I was also told that they actually have over 800,000 IN STOCK at their warehouses right now but only send them to stores a little at a time. My local TRU is stocking them tomorrow morning at 6am for the first 50 customers who can come in and get 1 each!!! I was SO mad when I heard that they were only selling 50 of the stupid things. I mean, COME ON... If you have 800,000+ in your warehouse can't you at LEAST send a couple hundred to each store? Give me a break... To top it all off, the customer service person at our local TRU also said that only the hamsters were coming in. NO accessories. Is it really worth driving 30 minutes to hope I'm there early enough to possibly be one of the first 50 customers at 6am so I can get ONE LOUSY HAMSTER?? Ugh!

Disney4us2
11-21-2009, 02:12 AM
I agree that it is very annyoing. Toys R Us is doing the same 6 am thing in California. I will not even try. They are creating supply and demand by holding back on the Zhu Zhu pets. If the demand was not so high, the hampsters would be more plentiful. I guess I am just not willing to pay a higher price. ( I am on a very limited income:( ) If money were no object to me I would buy it in a heartbeat. A friend of mine almost got one from Amazon, until she saw the retail value at TRU and didn't buy it.

I think every year there is a must have that creates a purchasing frenzy. I remember when it was almost impossible to get a Wii or Xbox.

Sorry.... got long winded. That is just my :twocents: . I will get off the :soapbox: now.

darthmacho
11-23-2009, 04:28 PM
My kids have been talking about these things since the first commercials aired. I didn't even know they were going to be popular target toy for the holidays, or I would have snagged them back then. I paid it no mind because I thought they looked kind of silly. Go figure.

I think the biggest issue is trying to explain why Santa doesn't have an infinite supply of these...

Disney4us2
11-27-2009, 04:22 AM
Shame on me:secret::blush:.... I was at TRU at 8:45 waiting for them to open at midnight. They had 100 of the zhu zhu pets, and I was luckly enough to get one. DD was with me, so that is her birthday gift. I got a couple of accessories for it as well.

I am glad I went. I was talking with a lady next to us in line and she looked familiar. She was the mom of a girl that DD was in kindergarten with a few years back. It was nice to chat with her again.

The line behind us was sooooo long. TRU handled it well giving out vouchers for the pets. I pods and Xboxes. They also didn't let everyone in at the same time. There were still people waiting to get in when we left. It was a good experience as a whole. Crazy me... I bought into the frenzy that I was trying to avoid.:blush:

DisneyRN
11-28-2009, 10:16 PM
I started looking for these during the first week of Oct/end of Sept. for DD's birthday. I found enough back then, that I saved some for Christmas. Luckily, I have 2 pets, a surfboard, a house, and a carrier to go beneath the tree Christmas morning.

Problem is, she doesn't play with the ball, 2 pets, or skateboard she got for her birthday. And, I have found the accessories that they are SOOOO not well made. Our ball will not stay together. :mad:

She will probably like some of the other stuff I bought more...or hopefully like what I have bought.