PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe VS Chef Mickey's

DisneyPrincess21
11-19-2009, 02:40 PM
I was wondering which has better breakfast. Chef mickey's has the usually type stuff, but I am not too big on buffet type places. I like the sound of the all you can eat breakfast skillet at WCC all the items included are my favorite breakfast choice's and what I usually eat at home whenever I want a good breakfast.

Which restaurant do you like and why?

DVC2004
11-19-2009, 02:50 PM
I like WCC better. I am not a fan of serve yourself buffets, especially with the kids. I feel like I am constantly up and down. We didn't care for our meal at Chef Mickey's and it was the standard fare.

I did try WCC with a colleague when we were there on business and had the breakfast skillet. It was really good and filling. Plus I didn't have to keep getting up (but my kids weren't with on that business trip anyway).

My fav breakfast is Kona Cafe at the Poly. I love the Tonga Toast and a nice mimosa! If you haven't tried you may want to consider Kona too. And it's in the same general location- Monorail Resorts area.

NJGIRL
11-19-2009, 04:48 PM
I was always one to suggest Chef Mickeys as one of our favorite places for breakfast but our last breakfast there was a little bit of a let down.

We have had dinner at the WCC several times and the food there has been very good and the atmosphere is really fun. WCC gets my vote but be warned it get very LOUD in there:thumbsup:

KylesMom
11-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Truly a personal choice - while both restaurants are somewhat chaotic, we prefer Chef Mickey's over WCC. CM's is a sentimental favorite, and we enjoy the large variety of foods - hot and cold with a great selection of fruit. The characters are always entertaining, too.

Even though we stay at WL, we found that WCC was simply a bit TOO loud for us early in the morning. Both DH and I walked out of the place with a headache the one time we've eaten there. Don't get me wrong - the breakfast skillet was good, but it was somewhat limited for what we like to eat for breakfast. However, at $15 it is a much better value than Chef Mickey's at around $23! :mickey:

wildernesslady
11-20-2009, 09:55 AM
We really enjoy WCC; however, Kona is the best if you are looking for something in that area.

HoosierDisneyFan
11-20-2009, 02:20 PM
My take on Chef Mickey's is that it is a great place to go for character interaction. So if you have kids and want pictures with them & Mickey & Co. this would be your choice. If you are making a selection based on food, I would select Whispering Canyon Cafe (or somewhere else).

MO Disney Couple
11-20-2009, 06:40 PM
We did Chef Mickeys and WCC on our last trip. We preferred WCC hands down. It was great character interaction at Chef Mickeys but we didn't like the food at all.

DisneyPrincess21
11-20-2009, 07:27 PM
My take on Chef Mickey's is that it is a great place to go for character interaction. So if you have kids and want pictures with them & Mickey & Co. this would be your choice. If you are making a selection based on food, I would select Whispering Canyon Cafe (or somewhere else).

We did Chef Mickeys and WCC on our last trip. We preferred WCC hands down. It was great character interaction at Chef Mickeys but we didn't like the food at all.

Nope no kids with us this trip just Myself (24) and my Mother (53). While we love the character's, we don't have to go to a character interaction, it's more about the food.

And the breakfast skillet at WCC looks so yummy, it has all my favorite foods. :eat: