PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing Anything???

Mickey's Pals
11-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Ok, so our Disney Trip is just 13 days away... I am super excited, but feel like I am missing something....

Hotel is booked, I made the dining reservations, bought the tickets for MVMCP, booked the special fireworks cruise for my parents gift, magical express is all set up, What am i missing....:confused:

DisneyPrincess21
11-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Ok, so our Disney Trip is just 13 days away... I am super excited, but feel like I am missing something....

Hotel is booked, I made the dining reservations, bought the tickets for MVMCP, booked the special fireworks cruise for my parents gift, magical express is all set up, What am i missing....:confused:

I am 12 days away from leaving also! I know how your feeling. I think what it is, is that we have been planning our vacations for so long and needing to do something almost daily in terms of ADR's, planning, tickets etc, and now we are so close we don't have anything left to do, we feel like we are forgetting something because we don't have to be planning something or checking something everyday

That is my best guess

:tink:
:santa3:I hope you have a magical vacation!:santa3::wave:

Mickey's Pals
11-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I think you might be right, plus leaving just after Thanksgiving, i guess i just feel like there is so much to do and so little time, but i have prepared so well for the WDW Trip that I feel like there must be something wrong! I am so excited, the smile on my Dad's face when he walks in the Magic Kingdom is priceless!

I hope you have a wonderful trip too!! :santa:

Seasonscraps
11-19-2009, 02:09 PM
These are things I think about at the 2 week mark:

Packing:
Drag out the suitcases
Pull out clothes
shop for anything extra I need
gather toiletry items which usually involves a trip to rite aide
make sure I have extra/enough contact lenses

Paper work:
I confirm all my reservations
print out itineraries
make sure I have appropriate cards together (DVC, AAA, car rental company, park tickets).
Print out directions to/from the airport
write up grocery list
write out a list of precriptions with current doses
make a list doctors numbers

Tech:
clear camera card
get chargers and cables in one place
get extra batteries
add/delete music to my mp3 player

Put plane bag together:
dh likes life savers & gum
we bring playing cards
pick up some light reading material

BluewaterBrad
11-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Relax!! Have a Awesome trip!:mickey:

BMan62
11-19-2009, 03:51 PM

Park tickets??? LOL

Sounds like you are ready for a fun trip! Enjoy!

DizRunner
11-19-2009, 08:58 PM
It's not too late and you probably already have done so, but write everything down. In other words a checklist.

My first trip alone for the marathon weekend I forgot to pack razors. When I realized at the airport, I thought "That's alright...I can pick some up at the gift shop." Every gift shop at WDW had a rack for razors...but no razors. I went four days without shaving. Not a huge deal, but I didn't feel comfortable.

From that trip on, I make my checklist of everything to bring at the 50 day mark. And inevitably as the days tick away, I write down something that I had forgotten.

So a checklist always helps.

Sounds to me though that your good. Have a wonderful time. (I'm sure you will.)

22ridesandtheTOL
11-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Have a great time! I just got back on the 21st, the weather was great. As far as last minute packing and planning...how about pre-cutting pieces of moleskin to wear for those long days in the parks?

I always use 5 x 7 cards to keep vital phone numbers and information with me. Plus, they're fun to peruse on the plane. ;)

Scar
11-25-2009, 08:52 PM
I learned a long time ago there are only 2 things you absolutely cannot forget... a photo ID and a credit card.

quicksand
11-25-2009, 09:20 PM
I like to go through my change jar and pick out the shiniest(sp?) pennies for the pressed penny machines. Oh, and a roll of quarters for the same reason.

bruin1344
11-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Check park calendars to see which parks have extra magic hours so you know which days to attend or avoid parks.