PDA

View Full Version : campground to see Christmas lights

lighteningqueen
11-19-2009, 09:55 AM
2 Years ago we went to FW to eat at TrailsEnd:ack:Sorry but it is so bland.. We drove a bus to get there I am guessing. From somewhere, and while going thru the park we saw tons of RV's and sites decorated to the nines with Christmas lights.I would love to do this again this year.Question how do we get there and can we walk the area to see all the lights? Is it to big to do that and where can we catch a boat to to get to the area? Thanks so much for any info.

Ms. Mode
11-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Are these the lights that have been cancelled this year? I'm not sure, but you might want to check out the "Rumours" forum.

faline
11-19-2009, 10:52 AM
These are not the lights that are cancelled. These are decorations that people personally put up on their campers and at their campsites. You can walk around Fort Wilderness but it is certainly too big to walk the entire area. You can take internal buses and get off at any stop that is of interest to you. Essentially several loops are served by one bus stop and there are multiple internal stops.

vicster
11-19-2009, 12:57 PM
You can catch a boat from MK to FW.

Patricia
11-19-2009, 01:19 PM
I suggest taking the boat from Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness. That will land you right by Pioneer Hall and you can walk around that area. You can also enjoy the stables and petting zoo. The loops just behind the Settlement Trading Post (we walked around here) always have some great decorations. I was shocked by the amount of items people put up.. more than most homes.

Don't forget to check out the golf cart parking (for the people using the Marina) next to the Settlement Trading Post. So many people bring their own and almost all are decorated.

ibrowse17
11-19-2009, 05:10 PM
The loops closest to the Settlement area offer some of the best decorations, and are just a short walk from the dock. Have a wonderful time exploring them:thumbsup: