PDA

View Full Version : What's the best deal you've gotten on accomodations?

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-18-2009, 08:45 PM
We just can't stay away. We got back less than a month ago. We've decided to go ever other year so we can save DVC points enough for a nice long bi-annual trip.

That theory is history.

We can't wait that long. We NEED to go again next year and are in pre-pre-planning mode. We hope to go either late Sept or mid October. We haven't "paid" for a room in a long time since being DVC members. The last time was at the POP for $49 a night in September in 2004.

My question is... What is the best deal you've gotten for room/tickets/dining or any combo of the three? And when did you go?

My dream is to get pricing good enough to stay at the Poly. But, if pricing at POP or ASMu/ASMo is just too good to pass up, we'll take it. Anyone ever get Poly for less than $180 a night?

Pirate Granny
11-18-2009, 11:03 PM
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLll....you need to give Magical Journey's a try...they will give you the best price now, and historically so you can have a baseline...but I think $180 for Poly is long gone...but I have paid $79 for Pop...but I go a couple of times a year (yea, I DO live in Michigan)...so I can't remember how long ago.
:pirate:

beksy
11-19-2009, 03:02 AM
I had a deal for $79 a night (room only) at Pop this October (25th). It was too good to pass up so we went down a day early (good deal on airline prices for the earlier day too). Basically I'll look for any excuse to extend the trip! :plot: Have fun searching and planning! I, too, would recommend trying Magical Journeys. They've been great to help me find the best deals and updates. :mickey:

PetefromRI
11-19-2009, 07:29 AM
2 years ago we got an AP rate of 49.00 a night at the Pop.I told my wife that it was cheaper than staying home so we went.

buzznwoodysmom
11-19-2009, 09:19 AM
The best deal we got is for the trip we are leaving for today. We had already booked BCV through a DVC memeber when the military discount came out. Since I couldn't cancel my BCV resort and get all my money back we kept it and added 3 nights at the Poly. With the military discount we got 40% off the room. I want to say we are paying around $230 a night at the Poly the Sat., Sun., and Mon. after Thanksgiving. We also got a great deal on our tickets. DH got a free 5 day hopper with waterparks and more. Then we paid $125 each for DSs and my 5 day hoppers. So for a total of $375 we have park passes for all 4 of us. And I have to add that we also saved a bunch by renting points from a DVC member for our BCV room. When compared to what we would have paid had we booked the same room through disney the savings were around $1000 on the 7 nights we'll be at the Beach Club.

Ms. Mode
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Ok, I think I'm doing something wrong here. How do you get all these savings, we are lucky to make a trip every other year because of the cost. And forget DVC, that's like buying a new house for us, our trips to WDW cost on an average 3000 per trip (everything included)..what am I missing :cool:

buzznwoodysmom
11-19-2009, 10:22 AM
We have these wonderful discounts this year because my husband is in the National Guard and Disney did several military discounts this year. Normally we just find which ever discount is out. We've done the buy 4 get 3, we've done room only discounts in the past. And just for the record we don't own DVC, we rented points from a DVC owner who wasn't using their points this year. I've rented from him before and its always worked out great. Its much cheaper than booking a room at the same resort throught Disney. You just have to keep an eye out. There have been many times that we booked a trip and a few months later a discount came out and I called and was able to upgrade from a value resort to a mod for the same price. You just have to keep lookingl.

BMan62
11-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Ok, I think I'm doing something wrong here. How do you get all these savings, we are lucky to make a trip every other year because of the cost. And forget DVC, that's like buying a new house for us, our trips to WDW cost on an average 3000 per trip (everything included)..what am I missing :cool:

First and foremost, you are not dealing with Magical Journeys!!! Give them your travel dates, information like: AAA membership, AP status, budget, etc. and they will devise the best plan of attack for a WDW vacation!

Guaranteed, they can, and do, find any and every WDW vacation discount for you!

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Thank you everyone! Now I have some homework....

Any suggestions on where to rent DVC points? Someplace safe and reputable?

I will also be contacting Magical Journeys!

magicofdisney
11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
For the last 2-3 yrs we've gotten a value resort during the winter value season for only $49/night. That's either the FL resident rate or passholder rate.

clausjo
11-20-2009, 09:59 AM
We've gotten value rates of $49 many times. I can't remeber exactly, but I want to say these were FL resident rates. It's too hard to pass up even when I have an option of staying at my parents for free! If I can get a rate this low, I usually stay at the hotel! Sorry mom and dad :blush:

VWL Mom
11-20-2009, 10:26 AM
If you can schedule the trips so 2 fall within a 12 month period you could get the DVC annual pass which would help save on tickets and the TIW card which would save on meals. You would also be eligible for passholder room discounts and have your choice of value, mod, deluxe at good rates.

c&d
11-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I think in 2002, we got upgraded to a Savannah view room at AKL and we had only paid $108 for a standard view.

passholderryan
11-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Earier this year (Feb), we got AKL Villa (DVC room) for 139.00. Have gotten Values for 49 all the time. The best I can usually find is the Swan/Dolphin for 89.00, but then you gotta throw on the other charges, so it equalls about 110-120.00. But its worth it.
I just check online throughout the day. But like alot of people recommend, use Magical Journeys.

Disney Penny
11-26-2009, 02:30 PM
The best room discounts that I have gotten is with my annual wdw pass. February 2007, we stayed at Disney's All Star Sports with the rooms at $45 dollars per night before the hotel tax. We were able to bring two of our sons and their families with the money we saved on rooms. You might want to check out <URL removed per Terms of Service> . It talks about the different discounts that you can apply to the rooms, rental cars, etc. If you have someone in the military, you might want to check out room rates for Shades of Green Resort that is on Disney property. If you are not locked into a certain time of the year, be aware that room rates are cheaper certain times of the year such as the first part of December. :vacation:

A Big Kid
11-27-2009, 08:51 AM
We routinely get 50% off rack rates with my wife's travel industry discount.

DisneyDudet
11-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I have gotten $49/nt for Value one year with an AP rate. That was January 2006.

In June of 2005, we got WL standard view (which turned out to be the second from the top floor, facing MK, with views of CR and MK (Wishes included) for $109/nt with AP rate. We have gotten similar rates at AKL during December.

Last January, we paid about $79/nt for a week for the Marathon with a Disney Visa promo.

The AP not only pays off after X amt of days, but we have saved enough each year to pay for our APs almost.

We are now DVC members, so our trips are pretty much pre-paid, but we're locked into prices.

Belster
11-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Many moons ago we used to stay at Poly all ofthe time and get a very wonderful rate...long gon are those days!!!

I too went in 2004 to Pop and paid $49 per night. More recently we paid $79 per night.

We are also going next yer again...and are just looking for a wonderful rate. I have no clue where we are staying but know that we are going.

mudpuppysmom
11-29-2009, 02:53 PM
A couple years ago we used the military discount to stay at AKL and we were upgraded to a Savannah view room, all for $120 per night......we stayed last year for around that same amount using a PIN code we got for 40% off rack rates and again were upgraded from a std. view to a savannah view.

For us, either the military discount (usually 40%) or a PIN code is what affords us the ability to stay at a deluxe disney property, otherwise we normally stay at SOG.