PDA

View Full Version : In the Movie Theater

Lakin
11-18-2009, 08:28 PM
So, what's that upcoming movie that you just can't wait for to come out in movie theaters?

My mom and I are going to watch The Princess and the Frog on Christmas day, then we're going to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squekquel. I can't wait for both!!

Pagan
11-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Lately, not much.

With ticket prices here hitting $10.50 a pop here, add on to that the cost of snacks and you're looking at $35-$40 for me and DW to see a flick.

By those guidelines, it has to be something that would DEFINITELY lose a little luster if not seen on a big screen I.E. Transformers, 2012, or basically anything with serious special effects.

Anything else is a Netflix rental or $19 DVD purchase a month or two later.

Joannelet
11-19-2009, 07:58 AM
New Moon!! Going tomorrow to see it! :)

sportsguy2315
11-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Princess and the Frog is on my list, along with Invictus about Nelson Mandela and the 1995 Rugby World Cup in South Africa are the two that I defintely want to see in theaters, but there are others I can wait until they come out on video to rent them.

RedSoxFan
11-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Besides New Moon tomorrow; I would like to see The Blind Side, The Lovely Bones and It's Complicated. There are others; but I can wait until it's released on Blu Ray.

Greenlawler
11-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Lately, not much.

With ticket prices here hitting $10.50 a pop here, add on to that the cost of snacks and you're looking at $35-$40 for me and DW to see a flick.

By those guidelines, it has to be something that would DEFINITELY lose a little luster if not seen on a big screen I.E. Transformers, 2012, or basically anything with serious special effects.

Anything else is a Netflix rental or $19 DVD purchase a month or two later.

Agreed,
Hollywood has just about priced my family out. We only take in movies at the theaters that we just cannot wait for. This equates to about four a year now. By the time I pay for all five of us and any snacks it is around a $60 ordeal. So or standard operating procedure is to split up. Wife wants to see New Moon, I can pass. I read all four books but found the second one boring (no offense). Kids want to see Princess and the Frog, looks like that will be a family affair. I am holding out for Green Lantern, Captain America, and the Hobbit but I have long waits for each.

Pagan
11-20-2009, 09:23 AM
I hear you GL...especially with "New Moon". DW made me see the first "High School Vampire Musical" as I called it last year and it's 2 hours and $35 of my life I'll never get back. This new one I'll wait for DVD. ;)

I think pretty much the only movie on the immediate horizon that I'm stoked for - and I'll admit I wasn't stoked when I first heard about it but the trailers are amazing looking - is the remake of "The Wolf Man".

Mousefever
11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing 2012. I think it's already out. I love a good disaster movie, and some bad ones too! Plus I'm a big John Cusack fan.

Amy

ChipnDaleGal
11-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I want to see The Road next week. I know it is going to be a hard subject matter to watch, but I just love Viggo Mortensen. He is such a wonderful actor.

Pagan
11-23-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing 2012. I think it's already out. I love a good disaster movie, and some bad ones too! Plus I'm a big John Cusack fan.

Amy
Oh this is a bad one alright! Saw it last week. AMAZING special effects, and so cheesy you could make pizza from the performances....which is EXACTLY what you want in a disaster movie!

Definitely gives a nod to the old "Towering Inferno," "Earthquake" kind of movies.

COMPLETELY unbelievable, but good fun. Just check your brain at the door and you'll be fine. :)

Mousefever
11-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Oh this is a bad one alright! Saw it last week. AMAZING special effects, and so cheesy you could make pizza from the performances....which is EXACTLY what you want in a disaster movie!

Definitely gives a nod to the old "Towering Inferno," "Earthquake" kind of movies.

COMPLETELY unbelievable, but good fun. Just check your brain at the door and you'll be fine. :)

That's great! I allow myself to shed a couple of tears at cheesy disaster movie performances. I always shy away from seeing good dramas at the theater, because I hate crying in public. Sounds like this movie is right up my alley!

Amy

disneycutie165
11-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Me & my boyfriend didn't like "2012" at all! We agreed that Roland Emmerich's other hit "The Day After 2moro" was soooooo much better! This was a film with absolutley great special effects, but there wasn't much of a story.

As for what I want 2 see- oh, i don't even know where to begin! i'll just start a list..

Wolf Man
Shutter Island (new Leo Dicaprio movie that looks awesome!)
Avatar (most expensive movie ever made now on record & in 3d! me, my boyfriend, my bff and her boyfriend will all be seeing this opening nite!)
- oh gosh there are so much more but I can't really think of any rite now. I'll have 2 post again later when I'm not tired!:thumbsup:

LauraleeH
11-23-2009, 10:10 PM
New Moon (Again!)
Letters To Juliet
Dear John
When In Rome
Shutter Island
Really looking forward to Valentines Day! It comes out on my birthday (Feb 12) and I've been watching trailers ever since they put them online. I'm a sucker for romance/chick-flicks.

Greenlawler
11-24-2009, 01:01 AM
I hear you GL...especially with "New Moon". DW made me see the first "High School Vampire Musical" as I called it last year and it's 2 hours and $35 of my life I'll never get back. This new one I'll wait for DVD. ;)

I think pretty much the only movie on the immediate horizon that I'm stoked for - and I'll admit I wasn't stoked when I first heard about it but the trailers are amazing looking - is the remake of "The Wolf Man".

Agreed I forgot about "The Wolf Man" it looks incredible.

WDWfanatic742
11-24-2009, 02:41 AM
The Road
Armored (Maybe)
Brothers (Toby finally breaks free from those horrible last few Spidy movies!)
Invictus
Avatar (Still undecided on this one)
Sherlock Holmes
Daybreakers
Shutter Island

That's just off the top of my head :cool: If you haven't noticed, I like movies :D

Mousefever
11-24-2009, 11:25 AM
The Road
Armored (Maybe)
Brothers (Toby finally breaks free from those horrible last few Spidy movies!)
Invictus
Avatar (Still undecided on this one)
Sherlock Holmes
Daybreakers
Shutter Island

That's just off the top of my head :cool: If you haven't noticed, I like movies :D

I don't necessarily want to see Brothers in the theater, but eventually. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but it seem very right to have Toby McGuire and Jake G. play brothers. They are always linked in my mind for some reason.

I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes too. (Anything with Jude Law.) From the trailers, it doesn't seem that Watson will be a slow-witted buffoon, as he's usually portrayed. I will be seeing that show in the theater!

Amy

Greenlawler
11-25-2009, 02:26 AM
I don't necessarily want to see Brothers in the theater, but eventually. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but it seem very right to have Toby McGuire and Jake G. play brothers. They are always linked in my mind for some reason.

I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes too. (Anything with Jude Law.) From the trailers, it doesn't seem that Watson will be a slow-witted buffoon, as he's usually portrayed. I will be seeing that show in the theater!

Amy

Agreed also on Sherlock Holmes however I have heard some things about the film that make me skeptical. I am glad Watson will not be a buffoon, as I am a fan of the original stories, where Watson is an athletic Army vet and very much the ladies man.

DizneyRox
11-25-2009, 09:26 AM
With prices today, I don't really think about setting foot in the theaters. I'd rather spend the cash on a home theater. No worries about someone else ruining the movie with a cell phone, yapping the whole time, etc.

I think the last movie I saw was Return of the King, and I won't be back until the Hobbit.

Everything else is a rental or download quite honestly...

diz_girl
11-25-2009, 03:25 PM
There isn't really anything that I have to see in theaters. Star Trek was the last movie that I saw and it was one that you really had to see in the theater. And it was excellent, by the way.

An Education and Broken Embraces both seem to be movies that I'd like to see and they are both out now. But I'll probably wait until I can get them on Netflix or cable. I'd like to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox too, but that will probably have to wait as well.

It's odd, but since I had DS, I hate to watch any movie that is in any way sad or depressing or disturbing. I just can't stand serious drama anymore. I need fun and funny films.

EPCOT84
11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
There isn't really anything that I have to see in theaters. Star Trek was the last movie that I saw and it was one that you really had to see in the theater. And it was excellent, by the way.

I just saw it on DVD and regret not having seen it in a theater.

Do I see some irony in this thread? Many of us, myself included, complain about the cost of experiencing a movie in the theater as too high but do not hestiate to spend on the stuff at WDW? ;)

WDWfanatic742
11-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Do I see some irony in this thread? Many of us, myself included, complain about the cost of experiencing a movie in the theater as too high but do not hestiate to spend on the stuff at WDW? ;)

Very True :D

I saw Star Trek in Imax and it was the most amazing thing ever :thumbsup:

LVT
11-27-2009, 08:54 PM
What about Jim Carrey in Christmas Carol. I am holding out for IMAX.

Greenlawler
11-28-2009, 01:03 AM
What about Jim Carrey in Christmas Carol. I am holding out for IMAX.

I saw it yesterday, and it was very good. There is another thread with reactions on here.

Stich8818
12-01-2009, 02:35 PM
We just seen New Moon.

1. The Princess and the Frog
2. the Blindside
2. Avatar

Past those nothing really excites me. Now ask me again in 2 months I am sure it will change. It's very hard to go out and spend money as much as it takes with Redbox and Netflix out there.

Jen0610
12-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Saw New Moon, two weeks ago.

Seeing The Blind Side this weekend.

Will be going to Avatar. We are going to go out of town to see this one. We want to see it on IMax, so there is no where to see it locally.

Also going to be going to Sherlock Holmes on Chirstmas Day.

And seeing as our 21st anniversary is 12/21/2012, with our warped sense of humor, we are going to go to 2012 for our anniversary date movie.

Lakin
03-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Been a while since there's been a post, but I just wanted to say that I can't wait for Toy Story 3!!!

Phantod
03-19-2010, 12:34 AM
I guess it's too late now, but for sure "Alice"....we saw it this past weekend at IMAX 3-D. And they showed a preview of TRON....but that's not till December....it'll definitely be on the list.

Arielfan98
03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
I think it's called My Wedding starring America Ferrara. I'll probably go with my friends.

pink
03-21-2010, 03:14 PM
The Untitled Seth Rogen Project
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Eclipse
The Undead (I think it's called with Christina Ricci)

:mickey:

diz_girl
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
I want to see -

Hot Tub Time Machine (looks like a hoot)
Greenberg