PDA

View Full Version : Stinky Monkeys - Twas the night before..

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-17-2009, 04:21 PM
This is a little backwards since the first trip report thread I started had the few moments before we left.... but, here is the first day of single digit dance and the night before we leave...

10-7 – 9 days from vacation start; 11 days from check-in

I start to buckle down at work and get things done. I do not want to take any work with me or have a grey cloud of procrastination hanging over my vacation. So, I finally start pounding away at my “to do before vacation” list.

Now that doesn’t mean that I didn’t read Intercot all day or look at the vacation spreadsheet. I go log into my Disney account and print off some personalized maps for the kids to play with and color in the car on the way there.

Our “magical” plan for the kids is to have a Disney fun bag every day of the trip. I’ve been planning and buying for these fun bags for months and months! Each bag is of course themed for the days activities. It will be given and signed by the big cheese himself. I was going to do different characters each day but, I think we’ll just have Mickey everyday. Part of the mess of stuff to pack on the tables in the basement are 2 bins of things I’ve been collecting for the fun bags. I think this is the funnest part of the trip for me! Here is what I have for each bag, for each day:

10/17 – Road Trip begins. I will… I mean Mickey will be leaving a travel/car themed bag on the kids car seats. In the bag is a coloring book, stickers, markers (washables of course), snack bags,

10/18 – See you real soon bag – will have another smaller flower bag on the car seats. Has a flashlight, stickers, tatoos, light up toy for nighttime entertainment!

10/19 – Hollywood studios bag – Fantasmic blue with High School Musical tattoos, personal popcorn bucket, Ariel bracelet, hair ties, autograph book and pen

10/20 – Epcot bag – Nemo stickers, toy passport,

10/21 – Magic Kingdom bag – Princess crown for their dolls, princess stickers

10/22 – Halloween Party – Disney Halloween Coloring book, glow wand

10/23 – Animal Kingdom – Animal print bag with their favorite animal, binoculars, dinosaur tatoos, Nemo canteen

10/24 – Our Pick Day – Tinkerbell items – stickers, writing book.

10/25 – See you real soon gift – something that we’ll get while we’re there for the kids that they wanted, or really enjoyed.

FAST FORWARD TO 10/16 –

I had planned to get to bed at a decent hour but, I’m too excited to sleep!...

We leave work about 3:45 which we planned to leave about 3pm…. It just never works out does it??? I tell myself that I can work on the 18 hour road trip, I’ll have nothing else to do. (But as it turns out, I didn’t do a thing for work!!)

We were mostly packed and just needed to pack the car this evening. The kids are running around the house with their heads cut off. You’d think that they were already hopped up on sugar! After we try to have some type of normalcy to the evening, we put the kids to bed by 8ish. I had to work for about an hour before I could in good conscious really leave work behind guiltless. Then we really get down to business. We wanted to get to bed by 10ish knowing that we’d probably have an hour or so of “pillow-talk” about our trip. Well, we ended up retiring for the night at about midnight. We had to repack a little to make sure that everything fit. I got the surprise bags ready and Chris put them right next to the garage door so we could put them in the car before the kids came down the next morning. I printed out all the cards for the week for the surprise bags and decided that I’d write them each evening.

We finally got in bed but, still couldn’t sleep with the lists of things running through our heads. But, somehow, we did fall asleep (which I don’t remember) and the alarm woke us up rudely at 5am. I was so mad, until I remembered that we were leaving for Disney. The day was finally here.

TO BE CONTINUED…. Day 1 – Road trip begins! We finally leave!!!

SBETigg
11-17-2009, 06:44 PM
I feel your excitement! It's so hard to actually get the plan in motion sometimes. But I know you're going to get on that road and go (because I read ahead, :secret:).

faline
11-17-2009, 06:55 PM
You'd make a wonderful advertisement for Disney! Your excitement shines through your report!

DisneyorBust
11-18-2009, 07:57 AM
After reading your road trip report, I had to go back and start at the beginning.
You don't seem to be excited though....:D

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-18-2009, 08:49 PM
I feel your excitement! It's so hard to actually get the plan in motion sometimes. But I know you're going to get on that road and go (because I read ahead, :secret:).

Trying to get out the door every morning is like herding ants.

You'd make a wonderful advertisement for Disney! Your excitement shines through your report!

Please call Disney and tell them! haahaa... I'd love to do this for a living.

After reading your road trip report, I had to go back and start at the beginning.
You don't seem to be excited though....:D

Love the sarcasm.... :blush: I didn't realize how detailed my notes were. Writing these reports is living it all over again. So bittersweet.