PDA

View Full Version : Payment Options

SallyMcQueen
11-17-2009, 02:12 PM
I know when I booked our last trip through Disney we were able to pay in installments up to the final 45 day deadline. I thought I heard/read some where this is no longer the case. Can anyone confirm that? Also, if I were to book through MJ can I pay in installments. Slapping down a couple grand is a little rough in one sitting. Thanks!!

Ms. Mode
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
When I scheduled our Jan trip in Aug they told me I could pay anyway I like as long as it was paid by a certain date...which was 45 days prior to the trip.

This was the first time, however, that I did not get written confirmation of my payments. Had to go into the web site and print off the page to show the payments had been made.

Hope this helps a little:mickey:

lighteningqueen
11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
I know nothing of this but I can tell you if they discontinue this service then Disney is History to many of us. I do not charge a vacation and never will in one swoop. Also many many families rely on this way of paying so if they do....you think economy has hit hard at home wait till this happens.

SBETigg
11-17-2009, 04:14 PM
You can pay in installments if you get a package. I believe the one payment deal is if you're getting room-only. Packages allow for down payment + installments, with full payment 45 days in advance of travel.

lighteningqueen
11-17-2009, 04:19 PM
You can also do it with room only. In June I did room only hoping for a code or something to break. When I called and booked I only had to pay for one night of room and the balance due the 45 days prior as well. You cannot pay on line but she told me any time I wanted to make a payment toward the room only I just had to call in for that.So they are helping any way for anyone as of now.

KylesMom
11-17-2009, 04:34 PM
We currently have a room-only reservation for July '10 and we pay an amount each month - balance is due at check-in with a room-only ressie, where a package is due 45 days before check-in. :mickey:

lighteningqueen
11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
You are right room only is due at Check In I forgot that.. Thats why I converted to a package. Thought no way can I make myself to pay like that and have the money at the end. I always pay for our tickets when we get there except for the one day on the package deal.

SallyMcQueen
11-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Awesome. I think I may be able to convice my DH we can take that trip next January. Thanks everybody!

Genie1953
11-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Hope providing this information isn't against the rules...We are paying through Magical Journeys with our Disney VISA. We plan to wait until just before the 50-60 day mark to pay because you have 6 months interest free when the card is used to pay for a Disney vacation. In addition you can earn Disney Reward dollars on what you charge on the card so that will allow some time for the Reward dollars to get credited to us so they can be used during our trip. Will work out pretty good for us I think.

CleveRocks
11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
I know nothing of this but I can tell you if they discontinue this service then Disney is History to many of us. I do not charge a vacation and never will in one swoop. Also many many families rely on this way of paying so if they do....you think economy has hit hard at home wait till this happens.I don't mean to be nosy, but why would this stop you from going to Disney. You could set aside the money you would have paid each month, and then pay that full amount when the full payment is due. That's what I do all the time ... I never charge my vacations, I save up for them. But honestly, I've never thought of sending Disney my money much before they need it. I just park it in a dark corner of a bank account and wait until a comfortable time before the due date.

KylesMom
11-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Hope providing this information isn't against the rules...We are paying through Magical Journeys with our Disney VISA. We plan to wait until just before the 50-60 day mark to pay because you have 6 months interest free when the card is used to pay for a Disney vacation. In addition you can earn Disney Reward dollars on what you charge on the card so that will allow some time for the Reward dollars to get credited to us so they can be used during our trip. Will work out pretty good for us I think.

You'll never be "against the rules" when you're talking about utilizing one of our sponsors! MJ is the BEST! They've been booking our vacations for five years now & have always provided the best deal for our family.

I would like to add a caveat, however. With a package deal, you will get the 0% financing through your Chase Disney Visa Rewards card. However, if you're booking a room only, it is not eligible for 0% for 6 months.