PDA

View Full Version : What does Disney "know" about you when you check in?

wdwgirl21
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Never really thought about this before, but I am curious as to what Disney sees when you arrive to your resort to check in? Do they just see standard information about your vacation package, or do they see how many times you have visited the world, where you have stayed, etc.... just wondering!

Ms. Mode
11-17-2009, 07:20 AM
I think they just see the information that you provided when registered the current trip. I say this because they always ask, "Have you ever stayed with us before?" If they had that information readily available I don't think they would ask...it would be more like, "I see you stayed with us ___ , ____, and ____".

Of course, I could be wrong. If I am, I'm sure someone will let us know...lol

Jeffybob
11-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Agreed!

The CM really only has available to them what was entered to set up the reservation. WDW does not have a "frequent stayer" number like hotels have nor do they have a way to track what you spend like they do in grocery stores. With each stay, I think that you are a clean slate to them.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

ILoveMickey'77
11-17-2009, 08:20 AM
We went to Disney for our Honeymoon in June/July of 2008. We went back for the 4th of July this year, and when we checked in they told us "Happy Anniversary" and gave us pins. We didn't even book the trip for our anniversary, we just wanted to go because we love the fireworks on the 4th.

Everytime we do call for reserverations though, they know the last time we visited and also, if I call they ask if my husband (by first name) will be coming and vice-versa when he calls.

Disneyfun
11-17-2009, 08:45 AM
We went to Disney for our Honeymoon in June/July of 2008. We went back for the 4th of July this year, and when we checked in they told us "Happy Anniversary" and gave us pins. We didn't even book the trip for our anniversary, we just wanted to go because we love the fireworks on the 4th.

If I understand what happened here, if the booking agent understands that the trip is for a special occasion, then they will notate that occasion on the different reservations that you make - hotel, adr, etc. This note then is available for the different CM's to see as they check you in. We experienced the same thing when the CM that made our hotel reservation for Wilderness Lodge asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and I told them that we would be enjoying our anniversery there. We received anniversary pins at WL and at each of our restaurants we received warm wishes at the very least from the CM at the podium.

Everytime we do call for reserverations though, they know the last time we visited and also, if I call they ask if my husband (by first name) will be coming and vice-versa when he calls.

I believe that when you call the first time to make a reservation, WDW does create an account that is linked to your phone number. When the CM enters your phone number, all of the individuals that were on your previous trip/reservation will come up. This enables the CM to save a lot of time entering all the names and ages of the individuals so they can process your reservation quickly...and give the appearance that they remember you from your last trip. I have had them ask me if my wife was going to be on the trip when I do not specify that at the beginning of the reservation. When I do mention her at the beginning, they tend to not even ask for her info because they already have it there!
The names of the people are of course shared with the hotel, but more than that would be too much information for the CM's there as they typically will face good sized check-in lines during the busy part of the day.

Sorry if this was a wet blanket, but this is my understanding of how the info is kept and shared.

ILoveMickey'77
11-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Believe it or not, we didn't tell Disney it was our Anniversary at all. In fact, we didn't even think about it being our anniversary because we went a week afterwards (and went somewhere else to celebrate the week before)...they just said Congratulations on your anniversary and gave us buttons. My husband and I were shocked...and a little creeped out.

DisneyPrincess21
11-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Believe it or not, we didn't tell Disney it was our Anniversary at all. In fact, we didn't even think about it being our anniversary because we went a week afterwards (and went somewhere else to celebrate the week before)...they just said Congratulations on your anniversary and gave us buttons. My husband and I were shocked...and a little creeped out.

They probably had it in your file at the reservation ceter when you last visited and what you celebrated (that being your honeymoon) so the cm making the ressie's saw that and put on your new ressie that it was your anniversary which then the hotel checking you in saw that info.

twinboyz
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
I do wonder what they have available on the screen. When making the reservations, they almost never spell the names right and this time put me as a 'Mr.' instead of a Ms. When I called back to have it corrected, I'm now a Mrs. One more phone call and it should be right.;)

Giggy
11-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Never really thought about this before, but I am curious as to what Disney sees when you arrive to your resort to check in? Do they just see standard information about your vacation package, or do they see how many times you have visited the world, where you have stayed, etc.... just wondering!

They see you when you're sleeping.
They know when you're awake.
They know if you've been bad or good.
SO BE GOOD FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

....no....sorry.....that was someone else. :crazy:

like2workout
11-19-2009, 02:15 PM
i've also noticed when i call to book a trip that they always mention how many times i've been there before. one time they had the number wrong and i told her how many times i had been, and she said she would correct that immediately. when i called to book the next trip, they had it correct.

brownie
11-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Asking if you stayed before may be a method of verifying the information you've given. I would assume they make certain information available to the check-in cast members based on your previous stay(s).

22ridesandtheTOL
11-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm thinking they have access to just about everything. For example, I had to miss going in 2005 as the money went into a new heating system at my home. Then in 2006 I was ill and couldn't return until 2008.

I'd mentioned this to the cast member when booking the trip. That person entered the information and they ended up honoring my prior unactivated annual pass as a courtesy/celebration of renewed health. Still astonishes me that they cared enough to do that.