PDA

View Full Version : Did we plan enough?

tkane
11-16-2009, 08:34 PM
We leave Wednesday for 6 days at AKL Villas, its our 10 year wedding anniversary trip. We have dinner Friday 20th (anniversary) at Artist Point! And only other priority seating we have is Canada. I'm thinking we probably should have booked a few more dinners, no kids this trip. In fairness I kept telling my wife that I didn't want to be stuck to a schedule. Seems like every trip we are always rushing from one of the parks to get to a priority seating.

I wonder now if we will find ourselves hungry and every restaurant either fully booked or too long of a wait. So did I miss the boat here? Wondering if I should call and see if we can book some other meals.

Seasonscraps
11-16-2009, 08:44 PM
I think you'll find long waits or booked restaurants if try walking up. There are a few places that don't take ADRs (ESPN Club, Beaches & Cream, and a few places in DTD) - you could always hop over there. I am not sure if the restaurants at the Swan & Dolphin take ADRs - you could check those places too.

You could try to make some ADRs now before you go or if you still want to wing it, stop at guest services at the resort and see what kind of availablity there is for the day and work around that.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I would take a look at the online system. Try for a couple of places you might want to eat and see how booked they are.

If it is really booked, you can go ahead and book what you can, if it still looks pretty open, you can try and wing it.

We're big ADR people, I hate the idea of taking a chance that we can't eat the places we want!

lockedoutlogic
11-17-2009, 08:43 AM
This might be a stupid question....but if you're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge...why aren't you eating there?

3 excellent out of the ordinary restaurants.

Scar
11-17-2009, 09:21 AM
I assume you are not on the DDP. You shouldn't have a problem Wed and Thur as the parks shouldn't be too crowded and you have Fri covered. Beginning Sat through Thankgiving though it will be packed. Stay away from DDP restaurants and you should be OK. If you can afford it, I highly reccomend Bistro de Paris, upstairs from Chefs de France. They are not on the DDP and is a fabulous restaurant.

And I agree with the other suggestions, Swan and Dolphin, and AKL.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-17-2009, 09:35 AM
If it were me I would book those ADRS

BugeyedMuggy
11-17-2009, 09:46 AM
We also hate the "scheduled dinners". Staying at AKL you can eat at Sanaa without ressies most of the time. Very very good place to eat. Also an easy one to get into is The Wave. Even if they say they are booked we have always walked up even during free dining & waited only 15 mins.

wildernesslady
11-17-2009, 09:47 AM
I would try to book a couple more. You can always cancel if you change your mind when you are there.

tkane
11-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I just booked Bistro De Paris for Saturday night. We have been to Chef France and enjoyed it very much in the past. I never knew about Bistro De Paris thanks for that tip. The menu looks great and the prices seem reasonable.

BigThunderFan
11-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh I am so jealous! I want to try Bistro de Paris so badly but with the two young kids it is out of the question.
Ahh, maybe someday... :cloud9:

lockedoutlogic
11-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I just booked Bistro De Paris for Saturday night. We have been to Chef France and enjoyed it very much in the past. I never knew about Bistro De Paris thanks for that tip. The menu looks great and the prices seem reasonable.

We were there on 2/15....

the food was excellent....and very rich (as good french food should be)

As far as "reasonable"...i guess that depends on your definition.

We spent i think 145 for two....with only minor alcohol...which would put it at the second most expensive meal at WDW.....

so it depends largely on your own opinion and how many courses...
...or course, you can't really go to a good french place and not have at least 3 course (and cheese...if they have a nice selection:thumbsup: )

passholderryan
11-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about ADR's if its just the two of you. My wife and I have never had and problems getting in somewhere to eat. The exception is Canada. My advice would to try and eat before 6 or after 8. Its seems easier to seat a party of 2 vs. 5 or more.

kemps@wdw
11-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Planning is always a good thing, as long as you don't do too much of it. We will usually get ressies for a character meal, although DD is older now, so we may skip that, a dinner show, and 1 dinner. We've not run into any real problems getting ressies after we've arrived. But, we just kinda play the rest by ear. It's great during the Epcot F & W Fest cause you can just stroll around the WS lagoon and nosh at all the food booths on the promenade.