PDA

View Full Version : Where's your favorite place to people-watch in the parks?

MaxPower
11-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Watching other people in the parks is a lot of fun.

At the Magic Kingdom, sit on a bench on Main Street sometime and watch the reactions of people when they enter the park and first see the castle - especially the children.

Another fun place to watch people is at the exit of Expedition Everest. You will see some classic reactions.

Do you have a favorite bench/spot to do some people-watching at the any of the parks?

villavic
11-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Not a specific place, but a time. It's convenient to get a place very early for the night parade at MK. So if it starts at 7:30pm, 6pm is a good time to stay at a place and get a "first row seat", even though it's the actual floor. And 1.5 to 2 hours is a good time to watch people, how they get their "seat", and even meet people from every place of the world. It's a cool moment.

I remember my dad saw a cockroach on the floor, it was at Main st. I guess, and a black lady, probably from Haiti or Jamaica screamed. My dad tried to tell her how we name that bug in spanish: cucaracha. and he said Repeat!!, and the lady couldn't pronounce properly "cucaracha", even though she tried a lot, it was a funny moment! :mickey:

SBETigg
11-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Between Mexico and Norway in World Showcase. There's a little spot under a tree with a railing where we lean with our Fiesta margaritas and just sip and people watch. Ah! Wish I was there right now.

BluewaterBrad
11-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Between Mexico and Norway in World Showcase. There's a little spot under a tree with a railing where we lean with our Fiesta margaritas and just sip and people watch. Ah! Wish I was there right now.

I have been at that spot many times!! Except I enjoy a cold:beer:!!:mickey:

rkmemkc
11-16-2009, 04:43 PM
I totally agree with the Mexico and Norway leaning place!! First stop this Friday :cloud9: is the Margarita stand :marg: then people watching at that very spot!! Soooo excited!

ibrowse17
11-16-2009, 10:18 PM
We have several places, but on our last trip it seemed to be the area by Splash Mountain and BTMRR. It is fun to watch the soaking wet people walk by going to buy new clothes:thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-17-2009, 08:03 AM
I totally agree with the Mexico and Norway leaning place!! First stop this Friday :cloud9: is the Margarita stand :marg: then people watching at that very spot!! Soooo excited!

Take a picture there for your trip report! Then I'll feel like I was there, too. :marg:

Cheers!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-17-2009, 09:29 AM
When you come in the entrance of
DHS and go until it vees into different streets there are some benches where we have sat with coffee and people watched....that's the only place I really remember doing that at DW:mickey:

Loweschevy
11-17-2009, 10:35 AM
One of my favorites is on the second floor at the Columbia Harbor House. You can watch people mill into the Haunted Mansion, make their way towards Fantasyland and even see the occasional disagreement on whether to eat here ;)

DizNee143
11-17-2009, 10:48 AM
theres no one good spot for me..
just get me a bench and id be happy people watching anywhere..lol..its always so amusing!! :mickey:

BigThunderFan
11-17-2009, 11:19 AM
The rocking chairs outside of the Hall of Presidents. I spent the whole Dreams Come True parade one time sitting there with a 3 year old asleep on me and just watching the people enjoying the parade.

DisneyFr33k
11-17-2009, 01:01 PM
One of my favorites is on the second floor at the Columbia Harbor House. You can watch people mill into the Haunted Mansion, make their way towards Fantasyland and even see the occasional disagreement on whether to eat here ;)

Ours too. Except we like to eat on the bridge overlooking the transition from Fantasyland and Frontierland. We love looking out the windows and seeing people walking beneath us.

beksy
11-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I like finding a spot near the exit of Kali River Rapids. It is so much fun to see the different expressions and levels of wetness. Some of the walking is pretty interesting too! :thedolls:

c&d
11-18-2009, 10:20 AM
On a bench at Studios as people stand and stare at ToT trying to decide if they want to ride it.

WDWNut02
11-18-2009, 01:05 PM
I always like the view from Tomorrowland Transit Authority. It gets you up above the crowd to give you a different perspective, rather than be down in the trenches. :mickey:

CosmicRay
11-19-2009, 09:22 AM
The rocking chairs outside of the Hall of Presidents. I spent the whole Dreams Come True parade one time sitting there with a 3 year old asleep on me and just watching the people enjoying the parade.

That is also a favorite spot for us as well!:puppy:

Tigerinvestigator
11-19-2009, 12:17 PM
At the MK we love the rocking chairs outside Tony's. We will sit there until the entire park clears out and take the last bus back to the resort.

At Epcot in Mexico, just inside the pavilion beside the fountain, there are two benches we love.

At DHS we love the benches just outside the exit for TOT. Funny how almost everyone is smiling when they come out!

At AK we love watching the people on Kali. DD5 loves pushing the button to have the elephants spray them as they come by.

At the resorts, the Great Ceremonial House at the Poly. Love the smell, the waterfall, the tropical music, and all the guests leaving for the parks or just checking in with excitement! (I miss those blue and seagreen checkered floors though!)

WVParkfan
11-20-2009, 07:43 AM
At Epcot, there is a small alcove between the Land and the Imagination pavilion. There is a small ice cream stand there, and it is fun to get ice cream and just watch the people RUN up the ramp to the Land to get to Soarin.

kemps@wdw
11-21-2009, 10:04 PM
The rockin chairs on the 4th floor balcony above WCC overlooking the lobby @ the WL.:thumbsup:

SandmanGStefani24
11-26-2009, 12:20 AM
couple good spots for me...

dining at La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico.

riding the TTA.

The Main Street, pretty much anywhere.

22ridesandtheTOL
11-26-2009, 10:01 AM
The leaping fountains outside the exit for Honey I Shrunk The Audience.

The bench next to the place that sells hats in EPCOT Future world....so you can see the fountain and the people. There's also a place to sit just outside of Mouse Gears that works just as well.

Anywhere around the Tree of Life.

The underground viewing area for the otters and the fish in the Animal Kingdom. People come in and are astonished by the huge fish.

The carpet covered built-in benches in the living seas main aquarium area.

One of the Benches on the Gorilla trail in the Animal Kingdom. That way you get to watch the gorillas and the humans. ;)

Any bench in the gardens in England at EPCOT.

Any Friendship boat anywhere.

The Writer's Stop at the Studios.

Waiting for the Festival Of The Lion King.

Er...I could keep going, and I've probably forgotten something.

OH! The area outside Soarin'.

:mickey:

Sylvia
11-26-2009, 12:04 PM
We have a few -

MK - Anywhere on Main Street or the Castle Hub; the rocking chairs on the porch at Exposition Hall

EPCOT - Outside table - Electric Umbrella or anywhere along World Showcase

DS - A bench on Sunset or a table outside of the Commissary

AK - Harambe

DTD - A table outside of Earl of Sandwich

There are many others that we've discovered over the years, too numerous to mention here.

Gator
11-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Just outside of the exit for Mission:Space. I sat there back in 2004 and watched people run straight to the restrooms. It was getting comical after about 10 minutes.