PDA

View Full Version : New Disney Christmas Show - HGTV

elmjimmlm
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
:snowman::santa::santa3:HGTV Special: Behind the Magic — Disney Holidays:santa3::santa::snowman:

David Bromstad host of "Color Splash" takes viewers behind the scenes of Walt Disney World's holiday magic. Sunday, November 29 8pm

LauraleeH
11-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!!! I was just watching a Samantha Brown Christmas special and at the end it said 2003. I was thinking, "How outdated! I want something new!!!" and I like David, he's pretty funny, so I'm VERY excited!!!

RockinRobin
11-16-2009, 03:20 PM
What a great way to start our trip! We leave the next day for POFQ. Can't wait!!

DisneyPrincess21
11-16-2009, 03:45 PM
:snowman::santa::santa3:HGTV Special: Behind the Magic — Disney Holidays:santa3::santa::snowman:

David Bromstad host of "Color Splash" takes viewers behind the scenes of Walt Disney World's holiday magic. Sunday, November 29 8pm

Oooooooo. How fun! I will be leaving 2 days after this airs so it will for sure get me in the Disney Christmas spirit! Can't wait to watch, thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Lakin
11-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Darn!!! I'm going to miss it. I'll be at WDW then.

Oh well, when I get back, I'll miss Disney so much that I'll have to watch it.

DisneyorBust
11-19-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the notice! I'm sure we'll watch and set the DVR!

SorcererJim
11-26-2009, 10:40 AM
For those interested, there is a new show on HGTV Sunday (November 29th) @ 8pm EST about the Holidays and what goes into getting the park ready for the Christmas Season:

About This Show

At Walt Disney World® Resort the holidays are a year-round event. While most folks are still digesting Thanksgiving dinner, the Disney crew has been working for eight months to get ready for the holidays. Behind the Magic - Disney Holidays chronicles the effort and materials that go into the decorations — including almost 8.5 million lights, 15 miles of garland and more than 300,000 yards of ribbon.

2MuchWDFun
11-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Just a quick correction. The special will air on Sunday 11/29 at 8pm...not tonight.

SorcererJim
11-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Whoops... you're right... I misread their tv schedule on the website... thought it was "tonights listing".... I'll update the first post.

Thanks!

Joannelet
11-26-2009, 10:25 PM
yay can't wait! I leave 2 days after it airs! SOooo excited! We are setting our DVR now!

MinnieMommie
11-27-2009, 09:02 PM

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! Can't wait till Sunday night. Just set the TV. This will be a great hour! :santa:

caryrae
11-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Watching it right now in high def. Man I really want to there at this time of year someday it looks awesome.

disneyboundagain
11-29-2009, 10:07 PM
I missed it, but for anyone that wants to know, its on again tonight at 3:00am. I just set the DVR.:thumbsup:

DVC2004
11-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Great little Disney fix! However I liked Samantha Brown's special better. I hope they re-run that one again soon!

Wouldn't you just love to get to host one of those shows? I think it would be so much fun- and fun to watch- a true Disney-crazy fan have a go at it!

d_m_n_n
11-30-2009, 12:57 AM
Great little Disney fix! However I liked Samantha Brown's special better. I hope they re-run that one again soon!

I caught myself missing Samantha tonight. I thought he did a good job and the information was fun...I just miss her "quirky" behaviors! But still very enjoyable and enough to get me through the next 11 days!!! :mickey:

ibrowse17
11-30-2009, 01:14 AM
We both enjoyed the show, but agree that we missed Samantha as well:thumbsup:

DisneyPrincess21
11-30-2009, 01:38 AM
For the samantha fans
you can buy both of her holiday disney episodes on itunes.I have them both on my ipod and iphone

NotaGeek
11-30-2009, 02:37 AM
I liked it ... David was pretty annoying, but no more annoying than I find Samantha Brown. I thought the real behind the scenes stuff was awesome, but it was FAR too evident that he had no idea about anything Disney ... they really should get someone like John Stamos to narrate, it would be nice to see what a real Disney fan would do getting behind the scenes.

DVC2004
11-30-2009, 07:45 AM
I liked it ... David was pretty annoying, but no more annoying than I find Samantha Brown. I thought the real behind the scenes stuff was awesome, but it was FAR too evident that he had no idea about anything Disney ... they really should get someone like John Stamos to narrate, it would be nice to see what a real Disney fan would do getting behind the scenes.

Yeah I just felt like he had no knowledge of/interest in Disney. He might as well have been touring a department store!

laprana
11-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I watched this last night, too, and loved it! It really got me excited for our trip in just 3 days!! Woohoo! :santa3: I agree that the host was kind of annoying and didn't really seem to know much about WDW. He talked over people too much and he just kept saying over and over "Disney does everything big" or "Disney does everything perfect." Well, duh. But, the show was still neat and it was really cool to see some of the backstage stuff!

caryrae
11-30-2009, 05:48 PM

The show "Disney Holiday Magic with Samantha Brown" is on Thurs Dec 3rd at 8am and 4pm central time on the Travel Channel.

DVC2004
11-30-2009, 08:28 PM
The show "Disney Holiday Magic with Samantha Brown" is on Thurs Dec 3rd at 8am and 4pm central time on the Travel Channel.

Yay! Thanks!:mickey:

SurferStitch
11-30-2009, 08:37 PM
DH and I were so happy to see it was on last night. It was a perfect appetizer to our WDW trip! Great behind the scenes info!

After watching it last night, we hopped in the car and were on the road at 5:00 am this morning to head to Florida. We're relaxing in Savannah, GA, right now, and will be back on the road around 5:00 am again tomorrow, arriving in WDW around 10:30 am or so!!!

:thumbsup:

Kenny1113
11-30-2009, 09:25 PM
I agree. I was excited to see that a Disney world holiday special was going to be aired. But, ugh David.
I missed the episode :( I have it tivo'd for the 11th:)