PDA

View Full Version : On-Line check in

ransam
11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
26 days until we leave!!!!

can anyone please direct me to the site w/ information on early check in...
and if you've done it, does it work?

thanks.

BMan62
11-16-2009, 02:33 PM
That is going to depend on whether you booked through DCR or a travel agent (like Magical Journeys.)

I have a login on WDW Online and can go to the My WDW Vacation page and access Online Check-in from there. If you booked through an agent, you will need their link to the correct page.

Once you find the right link, Online Check-in is quick and easy. We liked that you just give your name and they pull out your packet. No fuss, no muss, no bother.

vicster
11-16-2009, 02:52 PM
I booked through MJ and did online check in through WDW site. All you need is your Reservation # - it's quick and easy.

WishingStar2006
11-16-2009, 03:59 PM
What is the benefit to checking in on line? Do you get to request a room? Do they assign your room ahead of time? Don't you still have to stand in line to get your packet? Thanks for the information!!!

TammiMcMan
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Do you get to request a room?No special requests.

Do they assign your room ahead of time? Most resorts already assign your room ahead of time.

Don't you still have to stand in line to get your packet?You avoid the standard line, which can move very slowly if people have lots of questions. The online registration line is much quicker, as your welcome packet has already been printed. The benefit is definitely more time to enjoy your vacation and less time standing in line.

jenny1976
11-16-2009, 04:38 PM
I am glad I am not the only one lost with this on-line check-in thinggy. I have a question...can you check in even if you are going to pay for things like the dinning plan @ the front desk? You see, we LEAVE IN 21 DAYS!!! :cloud9:, and are going to our home resort (BLT) for the first time since we bought on our last trip. I was told the tickets and dinning plan can be payed for at the front desk once we get there. We have made our ADR's and there seems to be no prob with them knowing we have the dinning plan even if it's not payed for. Can I do online check in?

TammiMcMan
11-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Can I do online check in?You may want to ask this question over on the DVC forum, as it is a little bit different than a general public reservation. My guess is that you probably can't do online, because they're going to have to change the coding of the room keys after you pay for your add-ons.

magicofdisney
11-16-2009, 07:09 PM
I've done online check in twice. The first time I walked up, gave my name and they handed me my packet and keys immediately.

The next time, my check in was neither quicker nor more efficient than the regular check-in line. This was just last week and not only did I not save time, I wasted time at home doing the online check-in (not that it was a significant inconvenience).

I guess it's hit or miss.

rhonary
11-16-2009, 07:57 PM
We stayed at Riverside and there was a sign with an arrow that went to the right...we only saw the one line so there we stood for about 5 min...till one of the CM asked if anyone was waiting for the on line ck in...the was another line (only a couple of people) in front of one of the other windows...couldn't tell where we were tho that it was another line...so we went to that line and we ended up getting done just after the people that were in front of us in the other line!! The signage needed to be a bit more clear! But it would have been faster if we got in the right line the first time!

Ms. Mode
11-17-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm going to try the on-line sign-in for our upcoming trip, but I'm just not that great with the computer it seems:blush: Everyone talks about how great the on-line ADR system is and I couldn't get it to do a thing for me, so if the sign-in saves me any time it will be a plus:mickey:

Granny Jill A
11-17-2009, 02:21 PM
You avoid the standard line, which can move very slowly if people have lots of questions. The online registration line is much quicker, as your welcome packet has already been printed. The benefit is definitely more time to enjoy your vacation and less time standing in line.

While checking in at Pop Century just recently, I noticed that the online checkin was as slow as the regular line. They didn't have enough staff at the counter. The online folks stood for quite a while until a CM from the regular line called them over. The CM had to run back and forth between the online counter and the regular counter, for some reason. It was not the smooth process that I expected it to be.

caryrae
11-17-2009, 05:16 PM
No special requests.

Well you can make one special request which is to have a ground floor room. However of course it's no gaurantee, I made a request during the online check-in process for both Resorts to have ground floor rooms but didn't get it at either Resort got 1 floor up which was not a big deal.

disneymom15
11-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Just got done with on-line check in. Booked with MJ and had no problem logging in. It was very easy. Got to request a ground floor room and also a room near transportation. Hopefully we'll get our request because my mother needs a wheelchair.

TheDuckRocks
11-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Did mine today...........easy, easy. Now to see if it helps when we get there.

jsdt
11-20-2009, 06:22 PM
We stayed at BCV the first week of November. While the computer part of my on-line check in was easy, when we got to the resort, the on-line check in line was longer. Another family traveling with us did not do the on-line check in and they were done 15 minutes before me. While the process can go fairly quickly, it bogs down quickly depending upon any questions the guests may have. Not sure if I will do it again next time - I think it is just the luck of the draw.

sndral
11-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Did online check in for the Poly for one room last thurs. The WDW site already had our connecting room request and credit card # noted. Oddly it was my mom's cc # on the computer, which she used 1X via phone to pay part of the reservation. Mine (actually an atm,) which I used several times to make pmts. online for the package was not the no. they had. The site offers you the chance to change the credit card if you want.
Did online check in for my son's room this am, again the connecting room request was noted. No credit card info. was entered for his room.
The site does ask for approx. arrival and departure times.
I'll post again after check in re whether the wait time is faster @ check in, perhaps from the Poly, since my son always has his laptop.
Woohoo - 8 days to go.:lei:

TammiMcMan
11-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Well you can make one special request which is to have a ground floor room. Yes, they have a few things that I would call standard requests (i.e. ground floor, near transportation, pack 'n play). You can't make any special requests though, like a building, particular floor, corner room, full balcony, etc.