PDA

View Full Version : Pack and Plays in Resorts

dixielandings
11-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Hey all - been a while since I've been to Intercot! Been busy having a baby! Which leads to my question...

what're the cribs/play yards like in the Resorts? I've seen them but never had any occasion to check them out. Are they safe? Should we bring our own? Our Daughter will be nearly 8 weeks when we're there in a few weeks.

Thanks!

green ranger
11-16-2009, 09:52 AM
If I were you, I would request a play yard. We used a play yard at WL for our daughter. I brought my own sheet from home though to cover the bottom. She slept in it all week without a problem.

WishingStar2006
11-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Congrats on the baby!!!! The pack n' play are just that...nothing fancy and a pretty far reach down to be picking the baby up, etc. Also, bring a pad as the mattress is very thin!!

Joannelet
11-16-2009, 12:10 PM
You can use the pack n play there but bring your own sheets.
They aren't anything special but in my opinion better than the metal cribs they have on request.

cardinalsfan_98
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
We just returned Friday from WDW with a 14 month old. We used A Baby's Best Friend for his crib option. It was wonderful. Easy set up and the Disney Staff bought it to and from our room. Definately bring your own sheets, etc. (smells of home) and you shouldn't have any problem. If you Google search A Baby's Best Friend, all the info is there. Good luck!

Mammabruski
11-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh boy, how exciting! Your baby's first trip. My oldest was eight months when we first took her, and we used the pack and play the resort provided. In fact we've used it everytime, and as the PP's have said, bring your own sheets. I would also bring Clorox Wipes to clean the P&P with. We once had a P&P that was so dirty it still had a cookie in it.

Since your dd is just 8 weeks old you may want to go with the idea of renting equipment. My youngest DD is just 12 weeks old herself and I'm not sure I'd want her sleeping in a germy p&p that many different children have been in.

Come to think of it, do you own your own p&p? Ours has a bassinet attachment on it and our ydd slept in that for her first few weeks next to our bed. If you do have one and haven't used it, you may want to bring it out and have your dd sleep in it so she's used to it. And it may be worth it to bring it with you when you go.

Just some ideas... Good luck!:mickey:

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
We went this past March-April with our 3 kids, including a 4 1/2 month old at the time. We stayed at BCV. We took our own pack n play and it worked wonderfully. We preferred to have our own stuff for the baby rather than use one that other people have used. However, we went further than that -- we shipped a bunch of stuff in advance -- pack n play, diapers, wipes, bottles, formula, cleaning supplies, blanket for the floor, a couple of toys, some books, etc. Basically, everything we'd need for the baby. We shipped it in a big box via UPS ground about a week before we left and it was waiting for us at BCV. Truly, it was worth the money to ship the stuff because (1) we had all of our own stuff and (2) we didn't need to drag all of that stuff on the plane. (We saved the box and shipped it all back home at the end of our trip.)

estein80
11-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Congrats on your new little one.

It's a standard Graco pack and play. As everyone has said it's nothing special. We always bring our own, but that is for my own comfort (and we live close enough to drive). I would suggest bringing your own sheets as that will make you and your youngin' feel more comfortable (though I was told that there should be sheets in the room, I never found it).

CosmicRay
11-19-2009, 09:39 AM
We are leaving in a week and we have an 18 month and 5 month old. We are opting to take our own PnP's because as someone said above, I want my bassinet attachment. But we are bringing our 18 month old's crib toy to make her feel more at home. Hope you have a great trip! :babyroll: