PDA

View Full Version : Movie from 80's/90's???

LauraleeH
11-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I've been searching all over the internet for years for a movie I watched when I was a kid. It was probably late 80's, early 90's and was about a boy who (I believe) was special and he had a twin sister who died drowning so he never talked except to say "California" and he wanted to go there because he has gone on vacation with his sister there. He wore a baseball hat on the top of his head loosely, not letting it actually go on his head but just barely on top. I think he lost it on the road to Cali at one point, but I could be wrong. I also remember something about taking a picture by a dinosaur on the road to Cali or maybe he did with his sister, I don't know. I know this is quite a stretch but this is my last chance to find it...my brother and I remember watching this movie as kids but we don't know the name and it's been driving us crazy for years. Thanks!

LuvDaDuckMost
11-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Try this website http://www.filmsandtv.com/advsearch.php

DisneyPrincess21
11-16-2009, 12:28 AM
I've been searching all over the internet for years for a movie I watched when I was a kid. It was probably late 80's, early 90's and was about a boy who (I believe) was special and he had a twin sister who died drowning so he never talked except to say "California" and he wanted to go there because he has gone on vacation with his sister there. He wore a baseball hat on the top of his head loosely, not letting it actually go on his head but just barely on top. I think he lost it on the road to Cali at one point, but I could be wrong. I also remember something about taking a picture by a dinosaur on the road to Cali or maybe he did with his sister, I don't know. I know this is quite a stretch but this is my last chance to find it...my brother and I remember watching this movie as kids but we don't know the name and it's been driving us crazy for years. Thanks!

I know what movie your talking about! Hang on a second and let me recall a little more about it and I should be able to come up with the name. :thumbsup:

TigChatt
11-16-2009, 01:08 AM
It's called The Wizard. Just watched it on HBO. It had Fred Savage in it. He was a kid back then

LauraleeH
11-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Wow, thank you so much! I'm going to see if I can rent it or get a copy of it somewhere. I still think I may have combined this movie in my mind with another one, but this is the one my brother will remember. Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
11-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Yup, the Wizard, aka one big giant Nintendo Entertainment System commercial! It comes on TV from time to time.

Kenny1113
11-16-2009, 04:34 PM
HaHa I remember this movie.i used to like it with all the nintendo stuff!!!