PDA

View Full Version : 11-15 to 11-20 at POFQ--day 1, live!

Carolanne
11-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Coming to you live from POFQ! Let's see how long I can keep this up :mickey:

DH & I arrived at POFQ this morning. We arrived at the check-in desk around 10:30 AM--we were already checked in online & just needed to pick up our packet. Lo & behold--our room was ready! I'm sorry I can't remember his name, but the CM who gave us our packet liked my DH's "Real Men Shoot Hippos" hoodie ("I like that & I get it") and asked if we had seen Weird Al's ode to the Jungle Cruise (and he also liked DH's Duff Beer hat).

Weather: Gorgeous! A little warm today, but not hot and/or humid at all. It did get a little chilly tonight.

We went to our room, unpacked (somewhat), and headed down to the food court for lunch (I had pasta w/meatballs, DH had the chicken parm--both were very good). We went back to our room to recover from our early morning--we had been up since 4 AM!

After our nap, we headed over to Hollywood Studios. We had a 6:15 ADR at the Sci-Fi Dine-In. To pass the time, we observed the younglings at the Jedi Training Academy (the instructor was very good w/the kiddos, Vadar is just as ominous as ever), then off to Star Tours (SIGH...I can hardly wait for this ride to be updated). After Star Tours, we headed over to the Indiana Jones Stunt Show.

Let me say...it has been a while since I watched the stunt show. DH is a HUGE Indy fan, so this was a must-do for us. I have to say, there's something so different about that show when you watch it after the sun goes down--I've always watched this show during the day, and the last time I saw it, I thought it might be time to plus it in some way. But watching that show in the evening just made it seem so different & I appreciated it more.

Off to the Sci-Fi Dine In. Our CM Felipe was great. Dinner was very good--I had the Shrimp Pasta (very good) and DH had the Butcher Stead (he said the steak was a little stringy, but the seasoning made up for it--he still enjoyed it). Dessert...meh. I had the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake, DH had the Apple Crumble. He enjoyed his, I wasn't all that impressed with mine (and I normally LOVE dessert at Disney). I don't know, I think it was the peanut butter filling--not what I was expecting (wasn't really creamy, more crumbly). I found the dessert menu to be a little short.

After dinner, we checked out the Osborne Family Light Spectacle. I love this & since DH had never seen it, I couldn't wait to show it him. He really enjoyed it. When the "snow" started to fall...:cloud9:

After the light show, we headed back to our bus que to go back to the room. Despite a 2-hour nap, we were stilling feeling somewhat tired.

The bounceback offer: I don't know if the offers are the same in every room/resort, but: the offer that in my room is to save on the room stay only--"Save up to 45% on your next Disney Resort stay!" Select deluxe villas, deluxe, and mods.

And now, I think it's time to call it a night. Until tomorrow :mickey:

Lakin
11-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Thank you for the live report!!!! Glad to hear you've had a nice trip so far.

ibrowse17
11-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Sounds great!! I hope you have a wonderful rest of the trip:thumbsup:

KylesMom
11-16-2009, 09:32 AM
What a great start, Carolanne. You know, we've never seen the stunt show at night - I bet it is pretty cool with all of the special lighting and explosions at nighttime, though. I hope the remainder of your stay is a good one. Thanks for sharing "live" with us! :mickey:

faline
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Isn't Port Orleans French Quarter a nice resort?!

I don't think I've ever seen Indy Jones after dark either?!

BluewaterBrad
11-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the first day report. Keep it up!!:mickey:

Carolanne
11-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Isn't Port Orleans French Quarter a nice resort?!

Port Orleans French Quarter is one of my favorites! DH has never stayed here before and seemed really impressed when he first walked in. I'm happy with how much he likes.

I was surprised with how differently I felt about the Indy show. It was like, same show but different.

Thanks for reading, everyone! Day 2 is posted :mickey:

pdrlkr
11-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
11-17-2009, 11:25 AM
GREAT first day!

Love the French Quarter...it is my favorite resort.

Thanks for sharing.
Julie:mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the live reporting! Now I have to go and look at pics of the FQ.

DisneyorBust
11-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Great start to your trip! Not off to your next report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks for reporting