PDA

View Full Version : Pain in walking out the last day

Gator
11-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Do you have pain on your last day in the parks?No. Not pain in the knees from a week of walking miles each day, nor the pain in my shoulder from a careless lady crashing into me on the Carousel.

I'm talking about the pain of walking out of the MK about lunch time to go catch your plane home - while all those other folks are just coming into the park for the day, perhaps just starting their vacation. I have a terrible remembrance of wishing I was them, starting my vacation all over. Wishing I could see the castle for the first time again, heading straight for Pirates, landing a great spot for a parade. It is pain of a different kind.:drama:

A pain that heals as soon as I book flights for the next trip back to Walt Disney World.

twinboyz
11-15-2009, 06:43 PM
:(We always feel it on the last day. It does help a bit to look forward to the next trip. Wouldn't it be great to wake up on your last day there and be able to start your vacation over! DREAM COME TRUE!!!

PirateLover
11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Usually by the last day, I've come to terms with the fact that I have to leave. I'm never happy to leave, but I wouldn't call it painful. I'm very happy to have had the opportunity to visit my favorite place yet again, and look forward to the next time. I may be a bit jealous of those just starting their vacation, but I'm also happy for them. I love coming home and sharing all of my pictures and stories with friends and families as it gives me the chance to relive it all again :mickey:

Joannelet
11-15-2009, 07:38 PM
I always look back a million times at the castle of course with tears in my eyes.
I always tell people I leave a piece of my heart on Main Street everytime I go.

SurferStitch
11-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Oh, I feel it....every time we leave.

I hate to admit it, but I also envy all of those entering the park to enjoy perhaps their first day of vacation in WDW. I wish we were them, but then I remember that we have two precious puppies and two adorable kitties waiting for us at home, and that makes it a lot less painful to leave. ;)

mickeys_princess_mom
11-15-2009, 08:26 PM
I definitely would call it painful. I cry every time. Try not to look back at the castle. OK, just one more look. No, one more. Sob.
I pretty much have to have the next trip already booked, at least in my head...

Dsnygirl
11-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Oh, I so understand that pain... having just experienced it!!

We thought we'd be immune to it, since we were taking our longest trip ever, and since our last day in the parks wasn't really "the end", we were headed to Chef Mickey's for dinner, a nice evening at our resort and a relaxing morning there before we had to head to the airport.

But, alas, as we walked down Main St on Halloween and watched all the folks arriving in their festive costumes for the party, heard the party music start up and watched the lights of Main St turn on... sigh... there it was, that pang of "Look at all these people arriving, for some of them it's just the beginning of their vacation... I wish it was us!!!"

And you're right, booking that next trip sure helps... can't wait 'til it's our turn to do that!! :D

SandmanGStefani24
11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
pain of both kinds!

I finish at Epcot the last day, and it doesnt hit me until around 7PM. My legs get stiff, my feet get tired, and I start to slow down. All the walking in the parks catches up with me, and as I walk home to my car from the airport my legs are definately sore.

As for the "other leaving WDW pain" yep...that too. That last look at Spaceship Earth is the hardest...:(

WishingStar2006
11-15-2009, 09:19 PM
I am the woman who is crying on the ME bus as it pulls away from WL...Although I always have a wonderful time and look forward to the next trip, I realize that I'll never have "this" trip again, these memories, this time with my sons at this age...I know, I'm weird.

motherof4
11-15-2009, 10:52 PM
I really feel the pain flying out of Orlando crying to my husband and 4 children that I want to live in disney. my 11 year old daughter started to cry her eyes out this past aug when we were in epcot for the last night after illiminations she cried all the way out of the park the only way to make her feel better is that I told her we would be back soon.It is a horrible feeling to leave the world. I am glad I am not the only one that feels that way.

beksy
11-15-2009, 10:54 PM
I always look back a million times at the castle of course with tears in my eyes.
I always tell people I leave a piece of my heart on Main Street everytime I go.

That's me too! Even though we'd be back in 3 months, my sister was still crying and I had tears in my eyes on ME as I kept telling her (ok, and me) :sad: that it was only 3 months. That helps but there's still pain. This next time is really going to hurt since we don't have another trip planned in the near future. Of course I'm getting pretty good with excuses for why we "need" to go at a certain time! :plot:

ChinaMama
11-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Heck I've started thinking about the pain and we are only 26 days before we leave!!! CRAZY huh?

I too am the one that cries on the way out the last time. I remember the first time I dragged my DH down to Disney - not quite kicking and screaming but he had never been.

I had not been since 1980 when I was a kid but I had ached to get back. So we traveled for an early 5th wedding anniversary and we even stayed off site. We did Sea World, Universal and Disney for about 14 days. But the last night we were leaving - we mostly seem to leave from EPCOT (but the last two trips have been from MK and that seems even harder)- I looked at him and began to sob. I didn't think we would ever go back, he held me tight and promised that we would come back again. And by the time we were driving off property he promised would could come back next year.

He kept his promise and we have been almost every year since (except for the years that our children joined our family). Heck my youngest is just 4 years old and this will be his 4th trip (if you count the one in my tummy - as he says).

I too want to live at Disney! The magic the memories are just so vivid while I am there and I never want to leave. My DH has promised that when he retires my 2nd career can be at Disney - and I tell him I don't care if I am popping popcorn there for a living.

Every year we start to talk about what we should do for vacation and every year we start thinking Disney should hold off a year because it is so expensive. Heck we went to NYC for a 3day weekend this summer and spent about $1000 for just the two of us. Disney seems pretty affordable everytime we research it.

This will be the 1st year that we will be leaving from the parks to go back and get the bus to go to the airport. We are leaving aroun 7pm at night - the latest ever so we will enjoy some time in the AM at the park. It will be the 1st time that I leave a park in the daylight, I wonder if it will be easier? The parks looks so extra magical at night that leaving seems extra hard.

Gator
11-16-2009, 01:20 AM
It will be the 1st time that I leave a park in the daylight, I wonder if it will be easier? The parks looks so extra magical at night that leaving seems extra hard.

On my last trip, I left the MK about 11:30am. It wasn't easy walking out. I never know when my next trip will be, and that makes it very tough to leave. It makes me want to stay longer the next time. I stayed 9 1/2 days last time (vs my normal 6 1/2) and it STILL wasn't enough. If I owned a DVC, I suppose it would make it a little easier because I would know for sure I'd be back. But not knowing if I'll ever be back...that's tough walking out the main gate.

mousetrapper
11-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Yes, it is most definitely painful!

Funny you should bring this up today - one week from today will be our last day at WDW! :(

It's heartbreaking to leave the place that brings you so much joy, especially when you're not sure how long it will be before you return.

We look so forward to our trips and I know that has something to do with how difficult it is to leave once we're there.

This has actually gotten worse each trip. You'd think we'd be more used to WDW once we've "been there, done that," but no - it's actually more painful for us each subsequent trip.

I'm trying to gear myself up mentally not to think about the quantity of time I spend there but the quality and the fact that so many great experiences will be packed into the trip. Knowing I'll carry such amazing memories with me when I leave is something to look forward to. :mickey:

Tinkerfreak
11-16-2009, 08:38 AM
I always cry on the way to the airport and my family would laugh at me and say "come on Mom you know we will be back next year". This year will be the hardest ever because it will be our last trip for many years with our girls. They are just to the point that they have been so many times they are not as excited about it. It is alot of money for us to spend for something they are not as excited about. We can also no longer take them out of school for a week to go. My oldest is in high school and it is just too hard for her. So this will definately be our last trip for a while (and this year we really do mean it). DH wants to go other places and I understand that so this upcoming trip will be especially bitter sweet. I hope that in a couple of years DH and I can plan a trip with just us but I'm not sure how my youngest would handle that.

#1donaldfan
11-16-2009, 08:56 AM
....yep, I feel it each time....not exactly a pain but a slight feel of jealousy of those, like you say, just begining their experience...when we finally leave it's definatley a bitter sweet thing....:(

coneygoil
11-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I feel a pang of sadnessin my stomach when I'm driving to the exit of WDW properity. My feelings are a bit mixed since I want to stay there forever, but I miss my husband since he never comes with me.

Now my Mom has actually gotten depressed for a whole month after getting back from WDW. I guess she was coming off the high that Disney can give you!

DVCDisneyMom
11-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I cry every time!!! Always try to spend our last night at the MK.

passholderryan
11-16-2009, 10:13 AM
My wife and I have found a way to make the pain not so painful. Let me start out my saying we are not the typical tourists. We only live about 2 1/2 hours away, so we go up for the weekend every 5-6 weeks and stay for 3 nights/ 4days. Given that, we usually have our next 3-4 trips already booked.
This is what we do on the last day. Having been on all the rides, and done most of the tours throughout the years, we get a fastpass for Splash Mountain. We then wait the additional hour or so until we can get another fastpass and get one for Thundermountain. We make our way to mainstreet and grab a popcorn, sit down and relax. We then look for a couple that appears to be seeing the park for the first time. We approach them and give them the fastpasses for both rides. It sometimes takes a minute to explain what it is, and they are usually in such a rush that they don't get it. But we figure they will figure it out quick enough. As we board the bus to head back to the resort, we start talking about the next trip up and where we we are staying that time. I then tell my wife "We can always make a trip quick up to World Showcase for dinner sometime". That's our way of easing the pain.

ChipNDale79
11-16-2009, 10:31 AM
We have that pain also.

We went in Feb for an 8 day 7 night trip, both my wife and i got sick about day 5 and were confined to our room for a day. We were ready to go home by the end of the trip, or at least we thought we were. We were at MK to watch the parade at the closing and when Jiminy Cricket is saying goodbye to everyone, we realized our trip was over and my wife was crying.

I hate leaving WDW

DisneyorBust
11-16-2009, 10:41 AM
It really is a bitter sweet moment for me when it is our last day in WDW. I am happy and grateful that we were able to enjoy another great vacation, though a bit sad that the trip is ending. When I see others just entering the resort or passing by us as they enter the park at the beginning of their trip I am happy for them as well. Although I have to admit I'd like to be starting the vacation all over again!

MushuGrl
11-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Put me in the "looking back at the Castle" group. I just keep doing it, even after running into people and light poles. :blush:

Usually the day before, I'm kinda resigned to the fact it's almost over, and ready to go home, see my cat, hug my Mom, and show her our pictures. However, the day we leave, and I'm at what I KNOW is my last attraction..that's when the tears start. We've been lucky enough to go every year since 2005 (except for 2006, and we went to DL then) but I always have this feeling of not knowing when I'll return. So I say my goodbyes to everything along Main Street just in case.

Last year I did really really well about not being a blubbering mess until we got on the Magical Express and this little girl sitting behind us, when we went through the arch, says in this really sweet voice "Bye, Disney World!" And off I go. Mainly because I felt like I was her age, lol. 34 going on six.

The thing that makes me sad is being on my favorite attractions (mainly POTC, HM, Philharmagic, and Buzz) and wondering each time if it's going to be my last time.

I need a tissue and I'm not even there yet!

wildernesslady
11-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Wow we are all so alike. It's very sad on the last day, but I think most of us already have the next trip booked or in the planning stages. I do enjoy being able to plan for the next time while we are there. Talking about different restaurants or rides we may have missed that trip. Somehow it makes leaving less painful.

darthmacho
11-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I make it a point to not go to the parks on the travel days, because I know I'd be too distracted to enjoy it. My pain always comes when we leave the Magic Kingdom for the last time of the trip. Nothing hurts more than checking out of the resort though, and then driving towards the airport and when you stop seeing the purple highway signs. Now that hurts! :drama:

IloveDisney71
11-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Yes, I always experience that pain. I hate to say goodbye because I never know how long it will be before I get to go back.

Iluvpooh
11-16-2009, 10:09 PM
For me it is walking down the hill from MK and looking back and seeing the train station and then when you turn at the bottom it is no longer there. That is what gets me everytime.

MaxPower
11-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Sometime after Wishes, sit by City Hall and watch people leaving the Magic Kingdom. You will see a lot of neck craning and last glimpses over the shoulder. It's almost a ritual.

DisneyKim22
11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Ugh how I know that pain! I cannot even bear to look at the people who are checking in when I'm checking out - or arriving in the airport and I'm waiting for my plane to go home. I'm sure most of you understand when I say that Disney World is like a home to me. When I cross through that Welcome gate, I truly feel like I've come HOME. (No, I am not a DVC member unfortunately.) I know where everything is, and I'm 100% comfortable all the time. I get homesick when I get back to my normal home. In fact, I'm one of those that experience the post-vacation blues for a couple weeks afterwards.

I also look back at the castle. My husband thinks this is a bit strange, but I am just trying to "re-burn" the image of Main Street in my head so that at any time I can close my eyes and mentally transport my way back there. I do the same with WS Lagoon.

.....sigh...... I have 368 days til my next trip.

Marilyn Michetti
11-20-2009, 08:16 AM
We're ready to come home at the end of the week. Since we always go the early part of Dec., we have Christmas to get ready for. Our dog is so happy to see us, and the new one will be too.

Any more than a week is tiring for us.:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
11-20-2009, 10:50 AM
One of the worst pains ever. I found the best solution is to do what we did this last trip...EXTEND!!!! We purposely left a few extra days of vacation to unwind when we got home and decided we didn't want to unwind, we wanted to play more at Disney :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
11-27-2009, 05:55 PM
We know and feel that pain but we finish by going on Pooh, and saying we will be back. It still hurts but when telling ourselves this is just seems to make it easier.

Boost
11-27-2009, 07:26 PM
As a native Floridian and a "local" (we live about an hour to the NE of WDW), I have to say that I appreciate everyone's stories of their last day and what they feel when they get back on the plane. That said, even though we are just an hour away from the park, it is not easy on the last day to leave. It is indeed very sad.

All I can say is that when you see folks coming in as you are leaving, remember that on your first day coming in, there are those leaving who are looking at you and thinking that YOU are the fairest of them all....

Tigerinvestigator
11-29-2009, 11:37 PM
I believe the official diagnosis is the "Disney Blues". I usually start experiencing primary symptoms two days before leaving WDW. I have found a few things that help but don't cure the problem.

1) Have your next trip planned or begin planning immediately.
2) NEVER go straight home. Nothing worse than leaving the magic and being home a couple hours later and back to the real world. We always plan a fun activity before returning home i.e. ST. Augustine, Panama City, Vero Beach etc.
3) Have something to look forward to immediately after returning home. This trip we will return extremely late on Dec.23 and have Christmas to look forward to!:thumbsup:

MKFD43
12-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Let me tell ya about "pain". Yesterday sunny and 85. Today : getting on a plane to head back to Chicago and stepping out of Ohare airport into 20 below windchills.

JabberJaws
12-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah that last day stinks. Being that we drive rather than fly (6-7 hr drive from Mt. Pleasant depending on traffic) we usually spend our last few hours after checking out of the hotel at DTD or resort hopping.

The saddest thing to me is getting that checkout slip under your door when you stay on prop. They always give you that the night before checkout, so it is usually there waiting on us when we get back from our last full day at the parks.

It is like a slap in the face b/c all of a sudden you realize that you leave tomorrow.

wire0monkey
12-11-2009, 11:58 AM
You know, I really don't. Our last few trips were for more than a few days, and I'm usually ready to go home.

It's doesn't take too long after I'm home for me to start thinking about another trip though.

Disneyland 2010!

Belster
12-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Ohhhhhh yes!!!! I get so sad that all of my planningis done and now we go home. I always try to look at the brightside though...we are a family that goes each year so at least I get to go home and do it all over again.

Belster
12-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Let me tell ya about "pain". Yesterday sunny and 85. Today : getting on a plane to head back to Chicago and stepping out of Ohare airport into 20 below windchills.

Yes...our Chicago weather stinks!

Gator
12-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Ohhhhhh yes!!!! I get so sad that all of my planningis done and now we go home. I always try to look at the brightside though...we are a family that goes each year so at least I get to go home and do it all over again.

My pain comes in not knowing when the next trip will be. We're going back really quick this time because my son will still be 2 (barely) and I got a huge refund on taxes (Thanks, W). But after that, it's looking like at least two years before a return...maybe more. I cringing right now and I haven't even started my trip. Painful.

brookview
12-11-2009, 03:51 PM
I remember going up up the hill to the monarail at magic kingdom I starred limping

LoriMistress
12-12-2009, 03:55 AM
DH and I always feel sadness during our last day in the parks. We feel it when we first wake up knowing it's our last day. And during the night watching the fireworks. When we ride our last ride, it always gets to us. And we take our time leaving the park. We just take in everything, trying to keep it fresh in our mind--so we never forget it when we leave.

SandmanGStefani24
12-16-2009, 02:10 AM
I also look back at the castle. My husband thinks this is a bit strange, but I am just trying to "re-burn" the image of Main Street in my head so that at any time I can close my eyes and mentally transport my way

this says it all for us WDW folks. I do that with Spaceship Earth each time i see it, but didnt realize it until i read this post! I still remember it, and hope that image never goes away.

GBBT
12-16-2009, 08:46 AM
: Wouldn't it be great to wake up on your last day there and be able to start your vacation over! DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Yeah,it could be like "Groundhog Day",wake up every morning at 6:30 and you're back in your resort bed(I could finally stay at the Poly).Ready to start another day at MK.:thumbsup:

EPCOTExplorer
12-16-2009, 10:32 AM
I wonder why I am going "Home" when I REALLY feel at home in Disney.:cloud9:

CzepielCrew
12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
I feel it for sure. I try to hold back the tears when I realize we are leaving the WDW grounds. It is a horrible feeling. Like losing your best friend.

kcrc
12-16-2009, 03:40 PM
We were lucky enough to just be down there with my daughter's cheerleading squad last week (already feels like an eternity). I was very good about leaving. Bought the kids a treat to enjoy as we were walking out of Magic Kingdom. Then my 7 year old DS said "Bye Bye Disney". That was it - I was done. :(

caryrae
12-16-2009, 03:47 PM
I hate that pain. I get the pain when we are wheeling our luggage to our car getting ready to leave the Resort and you see other families wheeling their luggage to the Resort to check-in. Then the pain continues a little while because I keep thinking what fun we were having just last week at WDW and how I would love that week back again. Even though we know WDW will be there for years to come and more then likely we will be back again there is still that pain.

My in-laws had a whole wall in there basement that was a picture of a stream in the woods during the Fall. I always thought it would be cool to have the same thing but with a picture of Main Street looking towards the Castle instead.

beksy
12-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah,it could be like "Groundhog Day",wake up every morning at 6:30 and you're back in your resort bed(I could finally stay at the Poly).Ready to start another day at MK.:thumbsup:

I'm with you...what star do we need to wish on? :cloud9: :magic: :dizzy:

DisneyBarb
12-16-2009, 09:56 PM
The only place I ever go that I get teary eyed when I leave... As we are waiting for M.E. to pick us up to go to the airport and others are getting off and arriving is probably the hardest part...

This year in particular was hard since the kids are getting older and it may be a while until we go back again as a family...

Thank goodness for Intercot and living vicariously through others and their reports...

12-16-2009, 10:37 PM
I wonder why I am going "Home" when I REALLY feel at home in Disney.

My wife and I started coming to The World in 1973 and have come almost 40 times. I always had that "envy of the CM's" and upon my retirement a couple of years ago tried to figure out how I could get down here to Orlando and get a good CM position that I would enjoy.

In April of this year I finally convinced the wife that I needed to come down and "help Make the Magic", even if only for a few months. Trust me, a few months is not enough and I don't want to leave.

Was hired for part-time in June for Main St. Operations in the Magic Kingdom, doing both Park Greeter (turnstiles) and Parade Audience Control tasks. Best place I could have gotten and have had more fun than life should allow.

Fast forward to today. Due to some family issues, I am going to have to move back to Indiana next week with Monday 12/21 to be my last work day for this year. I have had to good fortune to be allowed to go to a "seasonal" employment status so that I could come back as I can in the future. I could not ask for more.

The last days are approaching. As I was leaving the park tonight, I found I was getting VERY teary eyed throughout Wishes while thinking I only have 4 working days left, at least for several months.

I always did hate to leave the parks in the past but Monday night will definitely be the hardest. I've met so many nice CM's, managers, coordinators and guests throughout the last months in addition to just having that magical aura and excitement of working in the Magic Kingdom. There are not too many other special places like the Magic Kingdom, especially in the summer early morning hours prior to the park opening and in the time after the park closes at night and the guests have all left the park and you can just stand in the park looking at the Castle virtually alone and just take in all of the beauty and magic.

It has been an incredible experience. Thanks for listening. Tuesday will be a very long (13 hours), very quiet drive while reflecting on the joy I have had in the last few months. Have to go dry my eyes now (honest).

LoriMistress
12-17-2009, 01:12 AM
My wife and I started coming to The World in 1973 and have come almost 40 times. I always had that "envy of the CM's" and upon my retirement a couple of years ago tried to figure out how I could get down here to Orlando and get a good CM position that I would enjoy.

In April of this year I finally convinced the wife that I needed to come down and "help Make the Magic", even if only for a few months. Trust me, a few months is not enough and I don't want to leave.

Was hired for part-time in June for Main St. Operations in the Magic Kingdom, doing both Park Greeter (turnstiles) and Parade Audience Control tasks. Best place I could have gotten and have had more fun than life should allow.

Fast forward to today. Due to some family issues, I am going to have to move back to Indiana next week with Monday 12/21 to be my last work day for this year. I have had to good fortune to be allowed to go to a "seasonal" employment status so that I could come back as I can in the future. I could not ask for more.

The last days are approaching. As I was leaving the park tonight, I found I was getting VERY teary eyed throughout Wishes while thinking I only have 4 working days left, at least for several months.

I always did hate to leave the parks in the past but Monday night will definitely be the hardest. I've met so many nice CM's, managers, coordinators and guests throughout the last months in addition to just having that magical aura and excitement of working in the Magic Kingdom. There are not too many other special places like the Magic Kingdom, especially in the summer early morning hours prior to the park opening and in the time after the park closes at night and the guests have all left the park and you can just stand in the park looking at the Castle virtually alone and just take in all of the beauty and magic.

It has been an incredible experience. Thanks for listening. Tuesday will be a very long (13 hours), very quiet drive while reflecting on the joy I have had in the last few months. Have to go dry my eyes now (honest).
That's amazing. I've read on several other boards how working in the parks could (not always), ruin the magic.

Gator
12-17-2009, 02:07 AM

Wow! That was great to hear. I could only hope to be in that position...to have spent months being next to the castle and walking down a dark MainStreet alone. You made me feel like I was there with you. Thanks.:mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
12-17-2009, 07:57 AM
It sure is nice to know that so many feel the way I do about the World. I get choked up on our first day there when I see everything again. and I get choked up as we leave. My wife says I go from one Dwarf to another. When we get there, I am Happy and when we leave, I put Grumpy to shame. I kinda feel bad for her and the kids, I am in such a grumpy (ok ok I will call it what it is, Pouty) mood for weeks after we get back. Not sure if I am worse than most or not, I am constantly watching our videos we took and shows on the Travel channel about Disney. I get choked up watching them as well because I miss it so much and want to be there.

Like the above poster who retired and went to work there, I too would love to get a good job there once I retire from the Army in about 4 years. I cant think of a better place to work after 20 years of service.

Darbylew
12-17-2009, 10:37 AM
It is very sad to leave WDW each time I go. I
love it so much that I could just move right in
the MK. Living in the castle would be GREAT!
Walking down Main Street toward the gates
to leave is so sad. I was there in November and will be back in May 2010. Can't wait to get back
in the land of MICKEY and the MAGIC. :mickey:

Eponine
12-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Yes, I have that pain too!!! This year we had to leave around 12:30 pm because we had an earlier than usual flight home.

We stood in front of the Castle and my boyfriend gave me a kiss :cloud9: and then we were off.

I hate leaving WDW and the only way for me to cure that is to book when I get home, the next Disney vacation.

Which I did by the way. We are all set to go back November 12 - 20, 2010!!!! :mickey:

Mickey'sApprentice
12-18-2009, 07:34 PM
It was hard for me to leave the last time in March. It was DW's 40th birthday trip and we had a blast. It was probably the best WDW trip we've had. Everything was perfect and the CM's covered DW in pixie dust that week. It was so good we took the plunge and converted our tickets to APs. Anyway, on the last day in MK, it hit me that we were leaving. I turned to DW and said we couldn't leave. She asked why and I said "We can't leave, our passes haven't run out yet." She then said, "We have to go home so we can feed our DIsneyitis." Needless to say, I was probably one of the ones who kept turning around for 1 more look at the castle. I finally took one more stare at it when we got to the train station and that was it, but wait.

Good news!! We arrive back on New Year's Day. Only 2 more weeks.:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Genie1953
12-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Not sure if I am worse than most or not, I am constantly watching our videos we took and shows on the Travel channel about Disney. I get choked up watching them as well because I miss it so much and want to be there.

I have around 14 different Disneyworld documentaries saved to my DVR plus a DVD set on the history of Disneyland.....and of course many of the Disney vacation planner DVD's. I normally watch all of them constantly but decided to hold off for a few weeks and then have a Disney marathon to really get me ready for our upcoming Disneyworld trip. While my husband is not quite the avid fan I am he too loves Disneyworld.

syndrome
12-21-2009, 09:56 PM
The pain I experienced this past April was a new kind of pain. My son and I went for 5 days and had an absolute blast! I am currently going thru a very tough divorce and during our 10 years of marriage we went to WDW 8 times! This was my first trip without my soon to be ex wife. It was difficult, at first, to be there without her but at the same time it was the best trip EVER b/c it was my 7 yr old son and I. I look foward already to our next trip in April of 2010.

kemps@wdw
12-24-2009, 10:55 PM
If you've all seen the movie "Groundhog Day" where the day repeats itsef. How about WDW day! Where the first day of your magical journey repeats itself? :D

finaldynasty
03-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh...the pain of leaving hurts, but the thought of returning gives me a new found strength! :blush:

LudwigVonDrake
03-21-2010, 06:24 PM
I feel the same way. I look around on Main Street and say to myself, "See you next year..." :mickey:

Darbylew
03-21-2010, 06:27 PM
It does make me very sad to leave WDW but I
know I will be back in the very near future so
it makes me smile again. I always like to end
up at MK for my last evening there. I want to
take some of the magic with me. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY! :mickey::D

kimommy63
03-22-2010, 12:39 AM
Yup. Pain. Painful lump in throat. Painful throbbing feet. Painful ache in wallet! But the days prior to departure are so rapturous that it's worth the last day:mickey:

crltkcagle
03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Yes we always feel pain when we have to look at the castle the last time and take our last stroll down main street and ride the monorail for the last time. :( We always take a picture of our kids lined up at the hotel room door toting their luggage with huge frowns on their face. They don't want to leave either!

LoriMistress
03-22-2010, 11:14 PM
We start feeling the emotional pain of leaving the park the night before our "last day/evening being in WDW." We feel a bit glum walking through MK during the morning, knowing that this will be the last evening we'll be walking through here. And during the evening, knowing this will be the last firework show, the last ride, etc. Leaving the park is painful for us.

lioness8978
04-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Wow... this is certainly true in our case. My husband and I always fret over MK being our last park day... it seems more painful that way. I know that my feet get really heavy on the last day at the parks...

I go thru stages:

1. Denial that the trip is ending :humph:
2. Declaring that I refusing to go! :fit:
3. Whining that its not fair :pout:
4. Anger at the giddy people getting on the Airport tram while I'm getting off :mad:
4. Devising a way to somehow hide out in the parks undetected and live there forever :idea:
5. Planning the next trip :woohoo:

:)

cmshelton1979
04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
We start feeling the emotional pain of leaving the park the night before our "last day/evening being in WDW." We feel a bit glum walking through MK during the morning, knowing that this will be the last evening we'll be walking through here. And during the evening, knowing this will be the last firework show, the last ride, etc. Leaving the park is painful for us.

I am the same way. I try not to think about having to go home, but it seems like the last couple days of our vacation I start thinking that its going to be a while until I am back looking at the castle or riding POTC or seeing Mickey and Pooh...When I fly home it isnt as bad though....when we drive though, I am not sure which I dread more...leaving the park or the drive home back to Indiana :(

cardshopgirl
04-02-2010, 02:13 PM
I hate the last day. I always cry. It usually helps when I have another Disney Vaction in the works, but I don't right now. It really hits me when I am on the monorail and I hit the T&T when he says " If this concludes you r stay at the Walt Disney World Resort, we hope you had a magical stay..." I usually start bawling!

Gator
04-03-2010, 02:10 AM
Well, I see that this thread has stayed alive somehow. I went in January and stayed 8 nights. The trips keep getting longer so I don't have to say goodbye so fast.

The worst part about this one is I left beleiving this was the final trip to WDW. With money short, more kids, and a bigger house, future trips don't look likely. Anyway, the worst point wasn't on the last day. The worst was my last day at Epcot. I was saving a spot for my family for Illuminations while they rode the Mexico/Donald boat ride. Just standing there, knowing it was the last time...and then Illuminations...tough, man. It was tough.

WDWNut02
04-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I always joke that the train at the airport is the first ride I go on at Disney. Funny that it is so much fun when we first get there, but it is SUCH a bummer when we are leaving.

micky95
04-04-2010, 09:14 AM
i shed a tear whenever i think of disneyworld whether i'm leaving or going.my first trip in 95 was with my girlfriend(now my wife).Going thru a divorce is bad but with 2 sons it is heart breaking.my gf took me and for the first time in years i could be myself and she accepted me for who i was.we enjoyed the parks and each others company.that was where i fell in love with her.i truly love disney world but being there with someone as wonderful as my wife is like nothing in this world.i hope you all appreciate your husband or wife even more when your there .i know i do.:cloud9:

zebradome17
04-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I always joke that the train at the airport is the first ride I go on at Disney. Funny that it is so much fun when we first get there, but it is SUCH a bummer when we are leaving.

SAME!!!:blush:

We kind of have a trasition that on our last night we go to the magic kingdom and stay right until it closes (which is usually at at least 12am if not a bit later). It's always nearly deserted by the end of it and the process of walking down Mainstreet USA, exiting through the turnstiles, and then waiting in the dark at the bus stop always makes me sad, although I think that when you wake up in the morning and have your last hours at your resort is worse. At AKL we are always quite friendly with the cast members so it's sad to leave them as well - there is one particular server named Brenda at Boma who has served us at least a few times on every trip we've been on and still recognises us when we go. However I still try to maintain the attitude that, despite it being horrible leaving, I am still in the world at the present time and I should be thankful for that and what a wonderful holiday I have had.

:mickey:

stitch34
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I always feel the pain of going back to reality!!! It starts to kick in around out last 2 to 3 days and I just hate thinking of returning home and want to stay just a little longer!!!

mjm12000
04-08-2010, 11:59 AM
It always makes me sad to leave, the only things that make it bareable are that my two sweet little dogs are waiting for me back home and that I know I will be back soon. I always tell myself on my last day at the world that I will not cry but when I take that last walk down Main Street and take that last look at the castle I always get a little choked up knowing that I have to return to the real world.

Laughin' place
04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
:(I am always sad on that last day, it is so hard to leave your laughing place.
My usual sadness was multiplied by many times when we last left (6/08). Due to a stupid mistake on my part, we took that bittersweet last boat ride from Ft W to MK on our last morning. There were several "must do's" and some "must re-do's" that we were really intent on getting in. We got to the gate, only to find that I had screwed up on a late night stop to Epcot and cost us one of our admissions. No one else got teary, until they saw something stuck in my eye and a hot tear rolling down my cheek.
I couldnt justify buying 6 one day passes, tho I tried awfully hard to. Luckily, we had several days of waterpark and more left, and we had a great day at TL (a family favorite). It was a great day, but not quite enough to take away the sting of standing outside the gates of our "home" and not being able to enter.

vws_and_disney
04-09-2010, 02:27 PM
If you ever want to see a blubbering grown man. Be walking into the MK on my last day.

River Belle
04-09-2010, 02:55 PM
It helps a little if you think of the one thing you wanted to do, but weren't able squeeze in on this trip (there's always at least one!), and vow that it will be the first thing planned for the "next" WDW trip:).

Zawadi
04-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Several years ago we took our niece (then 8 years old) on her first trip to WDW. On our last day we were on the Disney transport bus from MK back to the resort hotel. Our niece had her nose pressed up against the window and we heard her say "Bye, bye palm tree!". I think that just about says it all :)