PDA

View Full Version : Mapquest Directions to CBR

PrincessKaitsMom
11-14-2009, 11:11 PM
On our last trip to Disney in November of 2007 (way to long ago for my tastes :) ) we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and loved it. Today I just booked a trip for the week after Christmas...Hooray!!!! Anyway, we are staying at the CBR again. I remember last time we followed mapquest directions to get there. We had done the same with our stay at the Pop Century in 2006 and mapquest took us right to the main entrance with no problem. However, the mapquest directions for the CBR gave us a little trouble at the end. It didn't take us to the main entrance and we ended up having to call CBR and have them guide us in. Luckily the person at CBR was great, we told them what we had just passed and they told us exactly how to get to where we needed to be. I think mapquest was trying to take us in through one of the entrances for the Disney buses. Does anyone know if mapquest is still inaccurate in that respect? If so, any tips on finding more accurate directions. Thanks!

Seasonscraps
11-15-2009, 12:42 AM
I always found the signage on property adequate but maybe check google maps so you have something printed out. But I am not sure of the 100% accuracy of either google or mapquest.

jnfr2424
11-15-2009, 03:50 AM
Ditto on OP post check with google maps instead which IMO found more accurate than Mapquest.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-15-2009, 09:13 AM
We had the same problem with our GPS trying to direct us to a back entrance to DHS!

I'm a big google map fan, find that they are quite good and keep me from getting lost.

PrincessKaitsMom
11-15-2009, 11:24 PM
After reading everyone's posts I went in and checked both Google and Yahoo for driving directions. Now I have those two in addition to mapquest and all 3 are different. I think I will take everyone's advice and use Google. Thanks for your help!

lockedoutlogic
11-16-2009, 09:43 AM
South Exit of OIA (Boggy Creek Road)

Take SR 417 (Central Florida Greenway-Toll Road) South to Lake Buena Vista/Walt Disney World/ Kissimmee Exit (SR 536Epcot Center Drive)

Continue Straight through big, loud, purple WDW sign

Take second left (clover leaf...the first left is for downtown/typhoon lagoon) signage will be for "EPCOT Resorts/ DIsney Hollywood Studios"

Make left at second traffic light (from the left lane).....right where you see the neon buildings over the shrubs and the "Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort" sign

caribbean is actually the easiest hotel to get to of any....and is located only 0.6 miles from the border and I-4