PDA

View Full Version : This might be our last trip as all six of us...

coffeeyumm
11-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Our oldest son graduates next year, so we're thinking of planning one last trip to WDW as an entire family (in September, maybe?)

We stayed at POP before, in two rooms. It was great because we had TWO bathrooms (comes in handy with 4 kids!!) We hardly spent any time at the rooms... just to sleep & shower! Since the rooms were adjoining, kids stayed in one room, my husband and I stayed in the other :mickey:

Is it worth it to stay in a Moderate or Deluxe this last time for the ambiance or 'experience', or just save the money and go back to POP? We really were totally happy there! I think they'd just be so happy to get back... money is tight, and they know the chances of us planning a trip are slim, but we're DETERMINED to make it happen!

Thanks so much.

faline
11-14-2009, 07:32 PM
If you were happy at Pop and money is tight, why not return? No sense in providing more stress to yourself to fund a more expensive resort.

epceddie
11-14-2009, 07:39 PM
My wife and I have stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and there was nothing special about the room. It was comparable to a basic hotel room.
A 2BR at Old Key West would be fantastic for your family. You'd have a king bed, a pullout bed and two queen beds.
We love the big rooms at OKW. It's our DVC home resort and we've stayed with friends in a 1BR and had a great time.
The pool at OKW is pretty good. There's also a boat that travels between Downtown Disney and Saratoga Springs.
Hope this helps.

SBETigg
11-14-2009, 07:40 PM
I don't think you need to go deluxe to have an amazing time, and it sounds like POP really worked for you. Why not save the money and stick with it?

Lakin
11-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Go with Pop! You already know about it and are comfortable there, and it's less money. What more could you ask?

Buttercup
11-14-2009, 09:36 PM
I would go to POP for this last trip with all 6 of you.

And then I would splurge on a trip next year for just you and your husband - use the extra money for a moderate or deluxe hotel for just the two of you. :cloud9:

Mousemates
11-14-2009, 10:05 PM
If you pretty much only use the room as a place to sleep then I'd vote for the Pop regardless of the money situation...but given that funding is tight, I think Pop is for sure the way to go.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Stick with POP and just spend any extra $$ on a nice meal or fireworks cruise or something equally memorable.

TammiMcMan
11-14-2009, 11:08 PM
With 6 people, you wouldn't all fit in a standard deluxe or moderate room, so it could get pretty expensive. Personally, I enjoy the FW Cabins, which hold 6, but only one bathroom can be a big challenge. Sounds like 2 value rooms are a good fit for your family :thumbsup:.

Cinderelley
11-15-2009, 04:23 AM
I would stick with Pop. We too had 6 in our family until the oldest went into the Navy. He has very fond memories of Pop, and I'm sure your DS will too.

If money is that tight, maybe you should skip September and do it when he graduates in June, 2011. That will give you more time to save and make a nice graduation trip.

cajundisneyfreak
11-15-2009, 08:52 AM
We always stay at a value resort.We spend most of our time at the parks.Have you stayed at another value resort before? If you want a change of scenery then you can try one of those.Less money spent on the hotel more money to spend on something else.lol Hope you and your family have a magical trip.:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
11-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Stay at POP and spend the difference on your vacation, something special, a special dinner perhaps.
We were sad when our vacations with the family ended but are looking forward to a new era at DIsney with the first grandson :turkey:

beksy
11-15-2009, 11:24 PM
I agree with PPs and would go with Pop. Just a word of caution, on our "last" family trip, my Dad was so upset the entire time thinking that it would be our last trip together that it almost ruined it for the rest of us. Enjoy the moments and don't worry that it might be your last trip with all of you! For our family, that trip was in 2000 after I graduated and I still went on trips with them through college until they stopped traveling so Dad worried for nothing!

MaxPower
11-16-2009, 02:37 PM
I think going to POP again is a good idea

BMan62
11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Either Pop or a Family Suite at All Stars.

Why spend 2x the money and be cramped when you can spread out @ Pop or All Stars?

BluewaterBrad
11-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Nothing wrong at all with the "values". Have fun again at POP!:mickey:

Ms. Mode
11-17-2009, 07:30 AM
POP is a great choice.
We went to AKL because our DD graduated and we wanted to something special for her. She loved the animals, but we don't spend that much time in the room either..save your money and go for POP:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
11-19-2009, 05:32 PM
We stayed at POP before, in two rooms. It was great ...back to POP? We really were totally happy there! I...

Grasshopper, by asking the question you have provided a perfect answer.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-20-2009, 09:44 AM
If money is an issue and you don't spend a lot of time at the resort, I'd choose Pop.....