PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Emme&TeddysMommy
11-13-2009, 10:17 PM
We recently flew from Boston to Orlando and our double stroller was damaged on the flight down. I called the airline and they told me that I had to report the damage of the stroller within 4 hours of the flight landing. I explained that we didn’t even notice the damage until the next morning (aprox 15 hours later). She stated that because I didn’t report the damage right away they couldn’t do anything for me.I was disappointed in the way that the airline treated me. I have to thank my lucky stars that when we arrived home I was able to fix the stroller (please keep your fingers crossed that it stays). Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Zippy 1
11-13-2009, 11:07 PM
I have not had that problem but would call the airline again. I have heard through family members you sometimes have to be very persistent to have something fixed or repaired. I would call the airline again and also send a letter.

CAS
11-13-2009, 11:08 PM
We had a similar situation where the stroller hood was knocked off (not a cheap stroller), and since we were using magical express it was several hours before we even saw our luggage. Basically the airline blamed Disney and Disney blamed the airline. Luckily it was found and shipped to us but we wrote it off as a loss initially. :-o

gerald72
11-14-2009, 05:03 AM
I'd be careful about whatever personal fixes you did to the stroller. You don't want it collapsing with a child inside!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I would call again, AND send an email. It is much harder for them to brush you off, or ignore your complaint once you have put it in writing.

Dznygrl79
11-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Call again and take pictures. I had a problem with my luggage twice. The first time the side had been completely crushed and zipper bent they gave me two options but I was taken care of, the second time different airline, my wheel was broken off but I also used magical express and didn't know about it and had the it was airlines vs disneys fault but eventually I was sent a check.
Also check with your trip insurace (if you booked it) and see if they can help you.

Patricia
11-14-2009, 01:17 PM
I once had a suitcase damaged after arriving in Orlando at midnight. By the time we got to our room and noticed it, it was almost 2AM. I thought it would be ok to call in the damage the next morning but found out that it wasn't, they would do nothing. Because of the damage the zipper would no longer work.

By the time I took a return cab to the outlet store and back (for a cheap new suitcase) I had spent over $150. :(

BigRedDad
11-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Unfortunately, the airline will probably not do anything no matter the persistence. Almost all airlines are losing money and not profitable. The contract on the ticket claim is what will be key to this argument. If it is not in the contract of the ticket purchase that it is only 4 hours from arrival, then you will have a valid argument. If it is, it may be near impossible to argue.

tazlikesrobots
11-16-2009, 10:07 AM
This is the main reason I always checked the stroller at the gate. It was somewhat of a pain to drag it through the airport, but we instantly knew if something broke.