PDA

View Full Version : Reservation and Ticket ?????

luvnwdw
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know how far in advance Disney will allow you to make room only reservation?
Also tickets expire 14 days (excluding non-expiring) from 1st day of use, if I bought tickets in 2010 and did not use them would they still be good for .... say 12/2011 ??
just trying to plan ahead
Thank you

BMan62
11-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I believe the Room Only booking window is 499 days. Kind of arbitrary, but....

You may buy your park tickets at any time and hold them until your trip. A number of people suggest just that to beat the annual price increases. As long as they are not used, you are golden.

luvnwdw
11-13-2009, 09:00 PM
thank you for the info,
I can start planning next year, wooohoooo
this is a good thing

CleveRocks
11-14-2009, 06:51 AM
There is a potential downside to buying park tickets way in advance.

The upside, of course, is that you won't be affected by any future price increase.

But the downside is that Disney often offers special promotions on package vacations, like deep discounts on room rates if you book the room as part of a package that bundles tickets. If something like this comes out, you'd have to make at least a minimum ticket purchase with the room in order to qualify for that special sale (in other words, you can't tell them "I don't need to buy a ticket, I already have tickets, just give me the reduced room rate" ... they don't do that when they are having a sale on PACKAGE reservations, such as the Buy 4 Nights Get 3 Free promotion). And paying $80 for a 1-day ticket to qualify you for the package means that you've negated any savings on the tickets that you thought you once had.

If this makes no sense, please let me know and I'll explain it in a different way.

But if, for example, someone was were 100% sure they will NOT be staying on-property at a Disney resort, then there is no downside to buying the tickets in advance. They're a safer investment than the stock market!:D

luvnwdw
11-14-2009, 11:35 AM
thank you, I am glad you brought this up, I had forgotten about that, and yes it made sense.
hmmm....I have some more thinking to do