PDA

View Full Version : Decorating your resort room?

BIGDOG
11-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Going to the CBR 12/12 thru 12/19 we are very excited out first time ever at Disney near Christmas.. My wife want to decorated our resort room windows my questions:
1. Is it ok with Disney to decorate?
2. Is there a plug near the window?
3. Can we decorate outside our door or does it need to be inside window only?

We have lots of Disney Christmas stuff we use on our home that we wanted to bring with us Mickey sting lights and wreaths???
Only 29 days 51mins to go

Ms. Mode
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
WOW, I barely get my home decorated..want to come over:)

DisneyPrincess21
11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Going to the CBR 12/12 thru 12/19 we are very excited out first time ever at Disney near Christmas.. My wife want to decorated our resort room windows my questions:
1. Is it ok with Disney to decorate?
2. Is there a plug near the window?
3. Can we decorate outside our door or does it need to be inside window only?

We have lots of Disney Christmas stuff we use on our home that we wanted to bring with us Mickey sting lights and wreaths???
Only 29 days 51mins to go

Congrats! You are going to absolutely LOVE Disney at Christmas time. But let me warn you ahead of time, you may tell yourselves this is a "one time December trip" but I have said that before also. Back in 2007 we went for a "once in a lifetime Christmas trip" Well we went back in December 2008 and Now we are heading back this year 12/03-12/11. I love Disney at Christmastime it is truly extra magical, and I love Christmas and Disney so they go wonderful together.

Now to answer your questions. Yes you can decorate inside your room/window for Christmas I have seen many windows at the resorts that had lights hanging and other Christmas decorations.

I wouldn't decorate outside of your room though, I would keep in in your own room.

I don't remember if there is a plug by the window but I know there is one by the table and chairs which is close to the window. I would suggest bringing an electrical extension cord just in case, and maybe some battery operated lights for the window itself with some of those little suction cup light holders. You can usually find both of them pretty cheap.

Last year was my first on property stay and I didn't have the room in the car to bring any decorations, but I think I probably will this year.

Now you got me all excited for my trip and my mind is running on all of the decorating I can do!

:tink:
I hope you have a magical vacation :wave:

Dsnygirl
11-13-2009, 04:38 PM
:santa3: Oh, you guys are going to have so much fun!! We went last year for our first Christmas trip, and it is truly magical. We also stayed at CBR and the decorations were lovely... lots of trees and wreaths done up with caribbean colored ornaments and bows and fruit... really neat!!

We decorated our room, too... although not as much as we'd planned, honestly. (When we got there, we wanted to just get to MK, and when we got back that night, we just wanted to finish unpacking and get to bed... and it just kind-of continued that way. :blush:) So be sure to plan a little bit of time when you get there to put your stuff up, or it'll get away from you!!

What we did decorate with was two mini trees that we hung miniature Disney ornaments on (found them on e-Bay) and we put battery powered lights on them. We set one on the nightstand, and one on the dresser. We hung four large Disney ornaments on the mirror in the bathrrom w/ suction cup hangers, and put a Mickey wreath in the window. The only bummer w/ the wreath was that we never really saw it, because you have to hang it behind the blinds, so it wasn't very visible from inside the room, and we didn't really see it when we were coming & going outside, as we walked the opposite way from the window all the time!! We had planned on hanging lights, but found it to be too time consuming and hard to find a place to hang them around the curtains, etc., and we'd only brought one extension cord that we were using near the table area. (Don't remember there being a plug near the door, only the main one by the table)

As far as decorating your door, I did see some people w/ magnetic clings on the outside, but that was about it... most everything else folks had in their windows.

Have a GREAT time... I hope it's a wonderful trip!! :santa3:

TammiMcMan
11-14-2009, 11:17 PM
Other than not using anything that would damage the walls, the only requests I've had from Disney management is to be sure the lights were unplugged whenever we left the room (obviously for fire safety reasons).

SurferStitch
11-14-2009, 11:40 PM
At the Poly we only put up a small pre-lit palm tree (table top) and decorated it with mini ornaments, and I also put the stick-on jelly window decorations (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Pooh characters). They looked really cute. They were 3D and had lots of detail.

I left the window clings on for the next family to get the room, but when we walked by late in the day on our last day, we saw that Mousekeeping had removed them. Oh well, I tried to spread some Disney Christmas magic.

ibrowse17
11-15-2009, 11:33 AM
Last year we stayed in the cabins at FW for our Christmas trip, and had EVERYTHING decorated. We had stuff up in our cabin's yard, deck, windows and even our cart was decked out. The year before we stayed at POFQ for Christmas, and saw many rooms decrated. We have also seen rooms and camp sites decrated for holidays and events other than Christmas. Have a wonderful time, and knock yourself out decorating:thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
11-15-2009, 08:31 PM
At the Poly we only put up a small pre-lit palm tree (table top) and decorated it with mini ornaments, and I also put the stick-on jelly window decorations (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Pooh characters.

I bought one of these and brought it to CBR a couple of years ago. Brought some princess ornaments and a minitree last year to the GF. Haven't decided what to do this year at the Poly. I need to get on that! Palm tree would work there, too...The above poster was right about the blinds being a factor on window decore. The clings are good, though.

SurferStitch
11-16-2009, 08:41 AM
I bought one of these and brought it to CBR a couple of years ago. Brought some princess ornaments and a minitree last year to the GF. Haven't decided what to do this year at the Poly. I need to get on that! Palm tree would work there, too...The above poster was right about the blinds being a factor on window decore. The clings are good, though.

I actually think you're the reason I went out and bought that mini palm tree. I remember someone asking about where to get them, and was told Walgreens had them. I ran out the next day to Walgreens and found one (took quite a while as they were not displayed). I think that might have been you asking!

I plan on bringing it back to the Poly this time. I should put some of my Lilo and Stitch ornaments on it.

mickeys_princess_mom
11-16-2009, 07:51 PM
I actually think you're the reason I went out and bought that mini palm tree. I remember someone asking about where to get them, and was told Walgreens had them. I ran out the next day to Walgreens and found one (took quite a while as they were not displayed). I think that might have been you asking!

I plan on bringing it back to the Poly this time. I should put some of my Lilo and Stitch ornaments on it.

:high5: Cool! I kind of do remember discussing it before. Walgreen's is where I got it. Made me smile to read this. It's neat that our trips are overlapping again. We're going on the 28th and leaving on Dec. 4th. Have fun!! :wave: