PDA

View Full Version : Going "home" for the holidays pre trip report

buzznwoodysmom
11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
So we are officially one week away from leaving for our much anticipated trip. Ok, we aren't going for Christmas, but Thanksgiving is a holiday too!!

Cast:
Me, Denise- planner
DH, Kevin- is really looking forward to the trip and the food.
DS9, Collin- loves his WDW trips and is looking forward to finally going to Disney Quest.
DS7, Landon- loves all things Disney
DM, Sheila- so thankful that we still drag her to WDW with us each time we go.

This is a speical trip for us. Not only did we really miss being in WDW last Thanksgiving after going the year before, but this will be our last family vacation before my DH deploys for Iraq for his second tour. We want this to be a vacation full of memories so we've decided to stay longer than usual. We are staying at All Star Movies for the first night, then at Beach Club Villas for 7 nights and a surprise 3 night stay at the Poly. We've long dreamed of staying at the Poly so this will be very special to all of us.

We will arrive on Nov. 20 for a one night stay at ASMo. We are arriving a night earlier than planned so needed to find an inexpensive place to sleep. The boys want to spend some time at DTD then we have reservations for dinner at Chef Mickey's (a first for us--we've always done breakfast).

Nov. 21 we'll move to the Beach Club and have no plans for this day. We do have reservations at Kouzzina's (this would be a first), but I think I may cancel them and just eat at either Beaches N Cream or ESPN (also a first) so that we aren't tied down to a certain time.

Nov. 22 will be spent at MK. Landon has a reservation for the Pirate Leauge at 9am and we are hoping to get DH selected for the Veteran of the day. This would mean so very much to him, especially at this time so I have all fingers, and toes crossed that we can make this happen for him. We have a dinner ADR at Kona Cafe (another first for us--only have had breakfast here).

Nov. 23 we plan to spend at DHS. We have a lunch ADR for Sci Fi and have promised Landon that if we are still there at dinner time (we may decide to hop to another park) we'll have dinner at Pizza Planet.

Nov. 24 is a planned day off. We'd like to maybe have breakfast at the Boardwalk bakery, take a spin around the lake on a surrey bike, and have also promised to take Collin to Disney Quest on this day. We may go to Cirque de Solieu (sp??). I put off buying the tickets because they are offering a good military discount, but you have to purchase the tickets the day of the show. So it will depend on what is available that day and we'll only do it if we can get tickets for the first show. Today we are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary so my mom is keeping the kids tonight and DH and I are having a nice dinner at Yatchman's Steak House (another first). I have also ordered a cake to celebrate the occasion.

Nov. 25. We've decided to try and do a lot of relaxing on this trip. While we love the parks we also love our time just being around the resorts and relaxing and exploring WDW. Today we have no plans for the morning. We have an early lunch ADR at Trex at DTD, then we'll try something new. Arriving at AK in the afternoon instead of the morning. I've always heard how beautiful the park is at night. So we'll arrive early afternoon and stay until we've had enough. I've also decided to let our kids each pick a day to plan out. Instead of them following us about all day we've decided to let them take the lead. Landon picked AK so today we'll do whatever he wants while there. I'd like to bus over to Kidani to check it out. We love AKL and really want to see what the new one looks like.

Nov. 26 is yet another day off. Today is Thanksgiving day. We have breakfast ADR at Cape May Cafe (another first). Then have the entire day to do what ever we want. We have a dinner ADR at Cape May Cafe, yes Cape May twice in one day. We really loved the Thanksgiving dinner we had here two years ago so decided to go with it, and since we are staying at BC we thought it would make our day so easy to have our two meals there.

Nov. 27 we plan to spend the day at Epcot. Collin picked Epcot as his park to plan out. We already have a dinner ADR at Tokyo Dining (yet another first), but he is in charge of picking out a place to eat lunch. He has already informed us that we are riding Soarin first (that's my boy) and that we are doing all 4 Kim Possible missions.

Nov. 28. Today my kids think we are packing up and going home. We almost always have breakfast at Ohana's on our departure day and surely I'll have two sad little boys begging for "just one more night". We'll tell them that "We are not staying for one more night, we are staying for three more". They will flip out. We plan to tell them over breakfast and hopefully we get it all on video. Then the second surprise is that we are just going to go downstairs after breakfast to check in. They have always wanted to stay at the Poly, we all have, but DH and I have always said it was just too expensive for us so they'll never see it coming. DH wasn't supposed to know which resort it was either, but he wouldn't leave me alone and I finally told him. We plan to spend the entire day at the resort, and hopefully we'll have good enough weather for swimming and maybe we'll rent the searaycers. We have the Luau (another first) booked for that night.

Nov. 29 we'll spend the morning at the Poly, maybe do some shopping along the monorail route. Then we have tickets for MVMCP that night. No ADRs today.

Nov. 30 The boys have the pirate adventure cruise booked at the GF and DH and I have the couples massage booked at the same time. My mom will enjoy her quiet time just sitting on our balcony, or strolling the grounds. We'll have one last day on our hoppers so we'll go to which ever park, or parks, we want to go back to. We have a dinner ADR at Ohana's tonight.

Dec. 1. Sadly today will really be our last day. We'll have no more rabbits to pull out of our hats. We have a breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe and then the long sad drive home, which of course will be filled with "dream plans" for our next trip!!

I hope you enjoyed reading our vacation plans.

RedSoxFan
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned with surprises. I hope you all have a great time.:mickey:

faline
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
What a wonderful trip you have planned! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

And be sure to hug your husband extra tight! Thank you to your husband and to your family for all you do for the rest of us!

mouseketeer mom
11-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Denise,
I wish you a beautiful trip, full of love and magic and surprises for all of you. You are a dear friend and I wish all good things for you this trip! I will be thinking of you all and you have to tell me everything when you get back. I know you hesitated to even tell me about this pre trip report for fear I would be upset. (We cancelled our Thanksgiving trip. DH is very sick in hospital..) My heart is completely with him and our situation, and WDW is not even on my radar right now, so it doesn't hurt me that I can't be there as planned. Suddenly it doesn't matter so much. I wish you a wonderful trip!

ibrowse17
11-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Looks like you have a great trip!! Enjoy:thumbsup:

DizNee143
11-13-2009, 08:46 AM
sounds like its going to be a wonderful trip!!
the surprise of adding on those last few days is great!! i hope you all have a great time!!!! :mickey:
cant wait to read all about it when you get back..

LauraleeH
11-13-2009, 11:44 AM
I really enjoyed reading your plans for your trip, I truly hope it's as magical as it sounds. Be sure to take lots of pictures! :mickey:

MizMissy
11-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip. I am so jealous.

Are you driving or flying?

KylesMom
11-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Denise, it sounds like you truly have a magical vacation planned - enjoy your family! You've got some really special things built into your schedule, including the Pirate Cruise for the boys & massages for you and DH. I sure hope that Kevin gets the Vet of the Day spot . . . and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get tix for Cirque. By the way, Happy Anniversary! :party:

I can't wait until your return to hear about the boys' reaction to the Poly stay - very sneaky on your part! :D

Thanks for sharing your plans - I know that you will have an incredible time! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-20-2009, 10:49 AM
Sounds great...are you going to MK or did I miss that day? I'll go and reread. Have fun:blush:

princessgirls
11-20-2009, 04:37 PM
A very magical trip planned! Enjoy your family time together.

Looking forward to reading all about it when you return!

Julie:mickey: