PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian

cajundisneyfreak
11-12-2009, 12:21 PM
This will be my first stay at a deluxe resort.My sister is on:cloud9:.It has been her dream to stay here.Thanks to the buy 4 get 3 it is possible.We requested the Somoa building and either the 1st or 3rd floor so we could get a patio or balcony.Any tips or advice you have would be greatly appreciated.:mickey: We will be there Feb.13-20,2010.We're hoping and praying it won't be too crowded.lol Also we will be there for Ash Wednesday.Anybody know of a catholic church nearby so we can attend mass? Thanks again!!!!!!!!

sisterslovindisney
11-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I can't answer your questions but just wanted to say - you will LOVE Poly!! Have a great time!

SBETigg
11-12-2009, 12:36 PM
We're thinking of going that week, too, but probably won't manage it. It's school break for both my college kid and my high school kid-- and for much of the country. I don't want to scare you, but I would expect crowds and make a strategy. One tip- to hit am EMH and park hop after 11 am. It won't be July 4 or Christmas or Easter crowds, though, so you'll probably be okay. Plus, staying at the Poly makes it extra special. Congratulations! Enjoy.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I believe that the closest Catholic church is Mary Queen of the Universe shrine. It's located at: 8300 Vineland Avenue in Orlando.

DisneyBarb
11-12-2009, 01:31 PM
We will be at the Poly tomorrow for our 6th time.. you will love it! One of the best things we did last time was enter MK at 10:30 pm during an EMH... no crowds.... being on the monorail makes it very easy to do... We stayed until 1:00 a.m. when it closed and saw Mickey and Donald riding Dumbo with some very excited children...

Polynesian Dweller
11-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I have two transportation tips.

1. Don't forget to try the resort launch to and from MK. It's a convenient way of getting there.

2. To go to Epcot walk to the TTC. It's only about 3-5 minutes and the fastest way by far.

Have a great time and make sure to see the Electric water pageant and wishes from the beach. You're going to love the Poly.

hannahandkalebmom
11-12-2009, 09:11 PM
You will love the Poly! Don't miss is definately wishes on the beach. This was a favorite of ours and watched several times throughout the week. Have a great trip.:mickey:

GrandFlo
11-13-2009, 12:11 AM
The walkway between the Poly and GF along the beach is really nice if your up for visiting the GF.

Be warned, I don't know about others, but after staying at the GF and being so close to the MK and at a monorail hotel, I can't stay anyplace else. :blush:

As an above poster mentioned, try the launch to and from the MK. The boat goes from MK to GF to Poly and then back to MK. It is usually faster than the monorail and is a really nice ride.

I have never stayed at the Poly, we always stay ay the GF. Given how close the Poly and GF are (about a 5 minute walk), we spend alot of time in the shops and retaurants there and you will love it, it is an amzing resort with great theming. Have a great time. :mickey:

Ropachs
11-13-2009, 07:21 AM
We stayed at Poly last year for the first time, also our first time at a Deluxe. We loved the grounds, the pool, the beach, and being on the monorail loop!! Only complaint was that Captain Cook's, the Poly's quick service restaurant, was always super crowded with no where to sit - and we went at an off peak time. Unfortunately, it's probably going to be crowded when you go due to most school's being on break for President's week. I would pick up an "Unofficial Guide" at any bookstore or online and use some of their tips about timing, extra magic hours, what to go on first, etc, to make the most of your time. You may want to spend the busiest part of the day at your resort enjoying everything it has to offer!

cajundisneyfreak
11-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks for all the info and tips.I have 92 days till I arrive at Disneyworld.I can't wait.I'm soooo excited!!!!!!! :mickey:

cather74
11-14-2009, 10:15 AM
It's the best place ever!!!!!! If you are not renting a car, the CM's are very good about getting a cab to the church and then you call the cab back when mass is over. Have an amazing time. I was there in June and walking on the beach to GF as the sun came up is a memory I will have forever!!! :cloud9:

DisneyorBust
11-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Viewing WISHES! from the Polynesian beach is a great way to end the evening. Behind the Hawaii Longhouse all the way to the Volcano pool, the music is piped in. You get a unique perspective to view as well as the music.
Also, strolling along the pathways at night with the Polynesian music playing and the Tikki torches lit, is really beautiful.
If you visit the Volcano pool, go under water and the Polynesian music will be heard there too!
Have a fantastic vacation at the Poly!

pixiesmimi
11-15-2009, 07:10 PM
We stayed at Samoa in August so we could have a balcony. We were on the third floor. Unfortunately, our balcony looked at the back of another building and walk path so no view and faced East so sitting out there in the morning was not possible with the sun coming up right in our eyes and getting hot. It was nice at night though. We did get to watch the shuttle launch one night though because we were facing the right way. We watched Wishes and the Electric Water Parade from the end of the boat dock where there are benches.There was a cool breeze blowing. Take bug spray though because this is the only place we encountered mosquitos. We tried every form of transportation and the boat ride was nice. We also walked over to the TTC one morning and it isn't a bad walk from Samoa. We never experienced extreme crowding at Capt. Cook's but we didn't eat a lot there except breakfast because we had reservations out for most other meals. You will love it. We have already booked our next trip there for next Sept.