PDA

View Full Version : DDP vs QSP

A Big Kid
11-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Are the any previous Disney Dining Planners who switched to the Quick service Plan out there?

What are you perspectives good and bad.

I just booked for January - decided to run the marathon- and we went with the QSP instead of the DDP. Just wondering if we messed up or not.

Thanks

Genie1953
11-11-2009, 10:58 PM
I will be interested in other's opinions also. We booked the regular dining plan and have often wondered whether we should have done the quick service plan instead. We have all of our ADRs made so won't switch now but something to think about on our next trip.

BigRedDad
11-12-2009, 10:50 AM
My last trip we had the DDP. The one thing I could not stand is with all of the scheduling and planning to get to the meals. An example was for the Luau at the Polynesian. We were at AK, leaving after the parade. It gave us over an hour to get there. It took every bit of an an hour and more to get there. It got to the point where we had to decide to have fun where we are at or spend the time getting to our next dining experience.

Don't get me wrong, sit down meals are great. If you can plan it to be when you are at the specific park or the resort you are staying at. Other than that, it became a nuisance to me.

This is why I chose the QSP for March. I do not have to schedule meals. If we are hungry, eat. If we are having a good time, no reason to stop it by going somewhere else. I am scheduling breakfasts at the parks, but not sure if will be using them yet. If we choose not to, I will cancel those at elast a month before we go.

SignguyTom
11-12-2009, 07:26 PM
We are doing most of our ADRs for lunch because it will free us up in the evenings. We wouldn't leave a park before lunch anyway so there won't be the travel or feeling trapped because of a dinner ressie.

lighteningqueen
11-12-2009, 07:55 PM
We did that last year paid out of pocket instead of the plan and ate when we wanted to. But we had 4 Breakfast ressies with Crystal,Tusker yum, 1900, captains grille at yacht Club, and ate at the latest time we felt we could about 10am most and it got us thru the day and we ate QS at anytime we were ready. We stay full all day on a huge breakfast

Ropachs
11-13-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm stuck in the middle. My dream dining plan would be something like 20% table service, and 80% quick. Mainly, we enjoy the quick service for convenience and cost, but we like to do at least one or two character meals for the interaction - versus hunting down charcters at the parks. Next time, we might not do the dining plans at all, so we can do just that.

mom2morgan
11-13-2009, 12:57 PM
First time we went, we paid ou of pocket and mainly did Quick Service (2 sit downs). Next time we did the full dining plan and had a sit down every day. We liked that a LOT better. Found there is so much running around that it was very enjoyable to slow down and sit for a lovely meal once a day - and gave us the opportunity to see many of the other resorts. Mind you, my kids are older (youngest was 10 at the time). I don't know if that would have been as much fun with a couple of squirming preschoolers.

PetefromRI
11-17-2009, 09:01 PM
We're doing the QSDP in May.It will be the second time on this plan and we love it.We have found some really nice places to eat and slow down like FlameTree and Wolfgang Puck Express.It works for us plus with 2 snacks a day and the refillable mug,we think it's a good deal and we end up spending very little out of pocket.

jonahbear2006
11-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I love the idea of quick service plan because
1. no having to be anywhere at a certain time. This really blows, especially if you are there for two weeks. we got so sick of being on a schedule.

2. I'd much rather have the extra snack and the drink mug.

3. No more having to pay tips. The last trip, granted we stayed for 13 nights, but we gave them close to $400 in tips alone!

4. I was MUCH happier with the counter services the last TWO trips than I was with the table services and if I am disappointed with a counter service I don't feel like it really dented our day like it does if we have a waiter and it takes a big chunk out of our intinerary.