PDA

View Full Version : Casitas v. Cabanas

ravsluvdisney
11-11-2009, 05:32 PM
We are getting ready to book our 1st trip to CSR and want advice on which section to request. We know we don't want Ranchos because it is too far from El Centro and we like to be able to run for drinks and snacks. We can't decide between Casitas and Cabanas. Factoring in bus stops, ease of getting to El Centro and to the dig site, which section/bldgs do you recommend and why? Thanks for your help!

BigRedDad
11-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Cabanas 9B is close to the Dig Site and the main building. But you are also near the last stop for the bus.

Casitas 4 and 5 look to be about the same distance away to the Dig Site and main building. It is at the first bus stop as well.

My DW and I stayed in Cabanas 8B 10 years ago. It was not too bad. However, we were in our 20s and no baby. This time, I am pushing 40 and have a 4 year old. We are booked for March 6 - 14. I am going to request in this order: Cabanas 9B (if my mother comes up due to her ailments), Cabanas 9A, Casitas 4, Casitas 5. Ranchos will not work due to distance away from the main building.

buzz2001
11-12-2009, 10:20 AM
It depends on what you want to be next to. CSR is a big resort so to some, location is everything. Check you PM's.

darthmacho
11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
We had Cabanas, building 9A, and we had a water view, which was nice. The proximity to the pool was great, and we had a car, so the bus issue was not a factor.

If the bus is an issue, you'd probably be better off with Casitas. Casitas is also closer to the main building. The whole area also seems to be more lively, possibly because there are more rooms, and thus, more people. Cabanas were fairly quiet. :mickey:

hbell
11-12-2009, 03:53 PM
I am currently sitting in Casitas bldg. 1 and it is perfectly located. The only drawback is that we are connected to the conference center and the business people are noisy at night as they leave. It has been rainy and we are able to walk to the main bldg and bus stop under the building overhangs and not get wet. The quiet pool is close and the dig site is just a short walk away. I would recommend Casitas.:mickey:

KatMark
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
We prefer Casitas 4 and 5 which is where we've stayed five of our eight trips; this past trip we were in Cabanas 9A. We like the overall theme of the Casitas over the Cabanas. It is about a five to six minute walk from Casitas 4 and 5 to the main building and about an eight to ten minute walk to the main pool; from Cabanas 9A it was like a three minute walk to the main building and about a six minute walk to the main pool. However, Casitas 4 and 5 are close to Bus Stop 2 which is the first bus stop picked up and dropped off from the four parks.

Gator
11-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Don't discount the Ranchos. Think about it: How often will you go to El Centro? We checked-in and checked-out and ate at Peeper Market. That's the only time we went to El Centro. The Ranchos are quiet, well themed, close to the awesome pool, and are great for bus access.