PDA

View Full Version : Walking from Beach Club to Hollywood Studios-can this be done?

Genie1953
11-11-2009, 09:47 AM
We will be eating at Cape May for breakfast. Afterward we are thinking of walking to Hollywood Studios when we get finished. One of our goals on this trip is to visit as many of the different resorts as we can. We were thinking of checking out the Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk and maybe the Dolphin and Swan resorts as we walk to Hollywood Studios but we are not sure this is possible. Any thoughts?

poohspal
11-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi,

It is definitely possible. We walked to DHS (MGM back then) several times when we stayed at BWV. We did not find it to be a bad walk at all, even with kids. It is a good way to see all the Epcot area resorts. In April, we are staying at the YC for the first time, and will probably take the walk. The Cape May character breakfast is great!

Liz

BMan62
11-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Absolutely! You can go towards the Swan and Dolphin, cross the bridge and walk along the Boardwalk side of the river to DHS. It should be a 20 - 25 minute walk at a relaxed pace.

You can also take a boat.

ibrowse17
11-11-2009, 04:32 PM
We have taken the boats from the BC to DHS, but have never walked it. From the boats, it looks like an interesting hike. Enjoy:thumbsup:

wildernesslady
11-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Definitely can be done. We have found walking to be faster than the boat.

faline
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
As others have noted, this is very possible. It could also be quite a relaxing walk - especially if you plan to stop at multiple resorts along the way.

SleepyKeith
11-11-2009, 06:42 PM
My wife and I walk to DHS from the Beach Club all the time. I would say it is about a 1 mile walk.

Joannelet
11-11-2009, 07:20 PM
definitely doable....and you can even rest at the hotel lobbies on your way :)
Enjoy resort hopping!!!

jonahbear2006
11-12-2009, 12:32 AM
we did it one fine afternoon this september because it happened to be a very busy day in the park, so we decided to leave, walk over to the beach club to play in the sand for a bit and then finish our day at Epcot. this is one of the moments it is nice to not be using your car. if you have the energy and the peace to graze this walk, it is enjoyable. it is windy though. I didn't take this into consideration and had on a skirt. that was the only negative part of the walk that I remember. The kids didn't seem to mind the walk either.

xipetotec
11-12-2009, 09:46 AM
We will be eating at Cape May for breakfast. Afterward we are thinking of walking to Hollywood Studios when we get finished. One of our goals on this trip is to visit as many of the different resorts as we can. We were thinking of checking out the Yacht and Beach Club, Boardwalk and maybe the Dolphin and Swan resorts as we walk to Hollywood Studios but we are not sure this is possible. Any thoughts?

Not only is it possible, it's kind of a nice walk. Not as short as the walk to Epcot of course. But it's pleasant along the canal on the way.

In fact, one year we got to DHS and realized my son had forgotten his park pass back at BCV. So I ran there and back to go get it without too much trouble.

g0189a
11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
I used a map my run web site and it looks like from Yacht Club to the gates of DHS is about 1.15 miles. Not a terribly long walk.

I then looked at how far it is from Yacht Club to the Epcot monorail and that is 0.97 miles so it's not that much longer to DHS in reality. The DHS walk is just not so full of attractions to see past the first .5 miles of the Boardwalk.

Also, from the MK monorail station through the gates to Splash Mountain is .56 miles.

Has anyone ever worn a pedometer to see how far they walked in the park? I'm thinking it's nearly 8-10 miles for a pretty full day.

(Under 30 days now until we go! Also staying at the Yacht Club)