PDA

View Full Version : Happy Retirement Art - There will never be another one like you!

jakeybake
11-11-2009, 08:39 AM
I was sooooo sad to hear that Art, the wonderful man who greets guests at the door at the Beach Club, has decided to retire.

For many of us he was the face of the Beach Club and a huge reason we chose to stay there each year. It will be hard for me to imagine the BC without him being there, greeting us with a smile, bending over and talking to the kids and making us feel like the most important people in all of WDW.

I am sad to see him leave but I wish him nothing but the best and thank him for being the epitome of what WDW is about.

Warmest wishes to Art and his family!

Jay

Maleficent's Dad
11-11-2009, 09:00 AM
We'll miss Art as well. :cry:

He wasn't around this past August, and I had asked about him. From what I understand, he wasn't around the BC for the better part of the summer. I asked about him and was told that he might be back in September.

And then in September I heard that he had retired.

Here's wishing him the best in his retirement! :thumbsup:

ibrowse17
11-11-2009, 04:35 PM
While he will be missed, he has earned it!! We went over to the BC just to meet him on one trip. Congrats to him for all he did, and on his retirement:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
11-12-2009, 06:00 AM
There are not many "non-character" cast members at Disney World that people know by name, but Art certainly was one of those people for many of us. He sort of personified Disney magic and the Disney spirit. Just thinking of him now has brightened my day. I sure hope he enjoys his retirement. We are heading to BC in a few days and we'll miss him.

Ed
11-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Oh, no!!!! Say it ain't so! :(

Wow... mixed emotions. Glad for Art :) and sad for WDW as a whole :( .

Art is one of the finest gentlemen I've had the pleasure to meet. DW and I would often stop by BC when we were in the area just to say hello to him, and surprisingly enough he always remembered our names and greeted us warmly. To us, Art is the absolute personification of what the true Disney legendary customer service is all about. Always impeccably dressed and groomed, always a sincere big smile and firm handshake, and always ready to go the extra mile to help guests.

We have a few photos of him and he also appears in a DVC promotional video that we have.

Art, your retirement is well deserved; we hope you and your family have many years of fun and relaxation ahead.

:pixie:

wildernesslady
11-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Stan from the WL also retired. His last day was 10/31. We did get to say our goodbyes. It's amazing how much the greeters impact your trip. Congrats to them both.

DizneyRox
11-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Good for you Art!

We checked in a couple times over the summer and didn't see him, asked a few people and they didn't know a thing (which surprises me).

Now we know... Good luck in your retirement! Well deserved!

Scar
11-12-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm glad I got to meet him last April. It was one of the extra special parts to my trip.

Good luck Art. You will be missed.

Maleficent's Dad
11-13-2009, 08:17 AM
We checked in a couple times over the summer and didn't see him, asked a few people and they didn't know a thing (which surprises me).
This was our experience as well. I could not believe that so many CM's at the BC had no idea who I was talking about... Made me very sad. :(

Eventually, we found someone who told us he was on "medical leave" and would be back in September.

Glad to hear he's retiring - hoping for a long, happy retirement!