PDA

View Full Version : question re Southwest

sainter
11-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi all you Southwest Fans!
Southwest just started flying out of Milwaukee this month -- yippee!
Anyway, I have a friend who has booked for March and now is questioning if she should have stayed an extra day at Disney World. Her flight back is currently $169. Flights back a day later are $79.
Is she out of luck at this point or what kind of change fees would she incur to make the switch?
I tried to figure out on their website but couldn't tell. With all the people who love this airline, I bet someone here knows!
Thanks!

SorcererJim
11-10-2009, 09:39 PM
There wont be any change fees (one of the great things about southwest), they can just rebook for the next day and they will have ~$90 in credit that can be used to purchase airfare a year from the purchase date.

BMan62
11-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Southwest has no change fees.

What will happen is the difference between the purchased ticket price and the new ticket price will be held on the account for one year. That amount MUST be used within the year or it is forfeit.

A lot of people will tell you to book one way flights, change as the price drops or specials come up, then shortly before you leave - or if the price comes down so far you cannot resist, book the return flights using any credit on your account.

sainter
11-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks so much for the info! I thought I had read something like that here before...
fantastic!