PDA

View Full Version : Don't worry, it's for my sister!

Lizzy
11-10-2009, 03:29 PM
My sis, who is hoping she is pregnant is wanting to take a home pregnancy test.

I used EPT when I found out I was pregnant with my youngest, and the line was so faint that I doubted I was pregnant until the whole ham and ice cream incident (that is a whole other long story)

So all you recent moms and moms to be- what tests did you use? Any false results? Which ones were the hardest to read- like my ept, that the vision impaired may have a problem?

She and I thought about buying one of each, and I would take one and she the other, and compare the results, since I am on bc pills. We thought it would be fun but then realized money doesn't grow on trees. So I decided the next best thing would be to ask everyone I know! :D

diz_girl
11-10-2009, 03:36 PM
I prefer the digital tests. I'm not brand loyal and I just pick the least expensive one or whatever is on sale that day. I have never had a false positive or false negative.

And now I'm curious about the ham and ice cream incident. But don't divulge if it is totally disgusting.

kdbianchini
11-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I agree with the digital. I had a faint line on EPT and then took a digital and it was very clear that we were expecting! Out little bundle of joy is due 2/1/10! Can't wait to take him to Disney for the first time!

Madame Leona
11-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I always use the tests that actually spell out the words pregnant/not pregnant. I used the line one but it was so faint that I quickly ran to the store to buy a different test. The first pregnancy I took seven tests and the second I only took four but they were all accurate.

Dizneydreamin'
11-10-2009, 04:02 PM
I used EPT and never had any problems. Big purple plus sign for both kids!!!

DizNee143
11-10-2009, 04:12 PM
i used clearblue digital..
and it was clear as day and said pregnant..
i bought it at target..and it was one of the few that had 2 tests in it and it was only like 9.99 or something..i even had a dollar coupon off of it..lol..
my hubby wanted me to take another test just to make sure and i bough EPT digital..and that said pregnant too..
im partial to the digital ones..

Lizzy
11-10-2009, 04:17 PM
LOL Madame Leona! 7 tests?!?!

And now I'm curious about the ham and ice cream incident. But don't divulge if it is totally disgusting.

Alright, here it goes :blush:

So I took the pregnancy test that morning. Like I said, the line was so faint that I thought maybe it was wishful thinking. I had just had a miscarriage a couple months before and was still broken up about it. I was still 2 days before a missed period. That evening, I was eating some chocolate ice cream. While still eating the ice cream out of nowhere I started making and eating a ham sandwich right along with the ice cream. My now ex-husband was looking at me as if I had lost my mind, which at the time confused me for a second. Then I realized what I had just done and started tasting the chocolate-ham flavor :sick: so I run to the bathroom and try to brush my teeth and rinse my mouth, but all that did was make it a minty chocolate ham flavor. :ack:

I was convinced after that and didn't even take another test. ;)

garymacd
11-10-2009, 08:48 PM
LOL Madame Leona! 7 tests?!?!

Alright, here it goes :blush:

So I took the pregnancy test that morning. Like I said, the line was so faint that I thought maybe it was wishful thinking. I had just had a miscarriage a couple months before and was still broken up about it. I was still 2 days before a missed period. That evening, I was eating some chocolate ice cream. While still eating the ice cream out of nowhere I started making and eating a ham sandwich right along with the ice cream. My now ex-husband was looking at me as if I had lost my mind, which at the time confused me for a second. Then I realized what I had just done and started tasting the chocolate-ham flavor :sick: so I run to the bathroom and try to brush my teeth and rinse my mouth, but all that did was make it a minty chocolate ham flavor. :ack:

I was convinced after that and didn't even take another test. ;)

Okay. I can't really top that one, but here goes.

My beloved wife was about 41 weeks along and so upset that Hillary hadn't come out to say hi yet, and also that she weighed more than I did. It didn't stop her though. At the time, my father was doing a little driving for a local farmer's market (We all shuddered when he told us he was doing that, but that's another story.) and brought her and my mother a beautiful fresh raspberry pie from the market and said he would like some after he returned the truck.

When he did come back he said, "I'll have some of that pie now."

My beloved's response? "What pie?"

As for pregnancy tests, don't they use rabbits anymore?

Madame Leona
11-11-2009, 08:32 PM
When you are as crazy as I am, you really need a lot of reassurance so 7 isn't a bad number. I knew I was pregnant though. My husband and I had taco salad for dinner then walked to the local movie theater. I love popcorn but the smell was too much so we left before buying tickets. When we walked back into the apartment, it smelled like taco salad and I lost my dinner. Hubby didn't believe me, he thought I was being dramatic. Surprise, surprise, the next day 7 tests confirmed what I already knew. He was quite shocked but still maintains he knew I was pregnant.

Stitchahula
11-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Whenever I thought I was pregnant I would buy which ever test was cheap and came with 2 test in 1 kit. I like to have a back up just in case I didn't believe the 1st test. Good luck and congrats to your sister ( usually if you are at the point your buying a test you already know you are).:blush:

SallyMcQueen
11-13-2009, 05:01 PM
I used EPT with the first kiddo and the Walgreens brand one with the second. With kid number 1 I had to squint and move it around, change the lighting to see the slightest of lines that appeared. With kiddo number 2 there was no doubt in the world aoubt that line being there. Course I bought the one with two in a pack and did take the other one just to be sure.

magicofdisney
11-13-2009, 06:40 PM
I used to order my tests off ebay. I'd get something like 20 tests for $10. They were nothing fancy, just a dip stick, but very effective. Never had a false reading, either negative or positive.