PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining for DS9

cmshelton1979
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Do you think a DS9 gets much out of character dining? I know this is kind of "every child is different" question, but I am kind of curious what the general opinion is here.

He has told me he wants to eat at the Castle. But I am kind thinking he is too old to enjoy some of the other character dining experiences (Disney Playhouse being one of them). He has not been in 5 years so things that I took him to do then vs now are going to be totally different I am sure.

Right now we are weighing what will work best with us, if we can get a great package for next August we will do the dining plan and stay on Disney property but if not, we will be staying at a timeshare that I bought this year (not knowing that the timeshare company had lost the disney villas to RCI :( )

Ms. Mode
11-10-2009, 10:42 AM
We went to WDW the first time when our DD was 14, we just happened onto a character dinner...ALL of us had a great time. Actually, the first one was so great we did it again the next evening:thumbsup:

The thing about WDW is that you get in touch with your inner child...no matter how old you are. :mickey:

BigThunderFan
11-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I think the only time you really have to worry about not doing characters with kids is in those pesky teen years when they are too "cool" for stuff like that. Now he may have outgrown the Playhouse Disney gang, but I think he would still love any of the other character meals. Especially Donald's Safari Breakfast, Chef Mickey's, and probably even the Pooh characters at Crystal Palace. :thumbsup:

princessgirls
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
My girls enjoy the Character dining. They are 8 & 9, it's part of their whole "Disney" experience.

I will be dining at another Princess Breakfast... they love it!

Julie:mickey:

cmshelton1979
11-10-2009, 10:58 AM
He is excited for Cinderella, last time we were there he told me she was his girlfriend. I want to Donalds and maybe Chef Mickey's. I don't see us doing Park Fare or anything like that though, which I thought this was the most amusing character dining experiences. The step sisters were a riot. I just dont see him wanting to do anything that is "too girly"

barbiegirl314
11-10-2009, 12:36 PM
My oldest DS is 13 and still LOVES the character dining (which works out good because our other DS is 4). He especially likes Chef Mickey, Garden Grille and Crystal Palace. He still poses for pictures but is to "cool" for the autographs.

I must confess that at 42 yo I LOVE character dining :blush: my favorite is CRT but with a family of "men" I don't see any future opportunities for dining there.:(

mudpuppysmom
11-10-2009, 03:15 PM
My DS1 (7y/o) is younger than yours but when asked where HE wants to eat, he always replies "CHEF MICKEY'S!"....he loves it there for some reason, not sure why, but he does.....we go early in the morning before it gets totally nuts, and sometimes the kids in attendance seem to get extra character interaction (time wise I mean).

This last trip a few weeks ago I did enjoy the food (specif, the turkey hash) but our service was horrible!

We all also like Crystal Palace -- and DS1 still makes sure he has an autograph book out and waiting with pen in his hand.....so yeah I think it's a how your kid is thing......some kids might not want signatures but maybe photos and vice versa. DS2 (18 mo) also thoroughly enjoyed his character dining experiences.