PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman vs. Captain's Grill

Kaszia
11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
We are going to the World in April and are on the DxDDP. My sister has some dietary issues with meat. I, on the othe hand, do not. I didn't see many fish options for her at the Yachtsman Steakhouse on the menu's posted here or on other sites. She needs to be careful of the kind of fish as well -- she can't eat fish with a "steak" like testure such as tuna salmon, or swordfish. The CM who took our ADR's suggested Captain's Grill as an alternative, I could get an excellant steak and she would have several seafood options. What do you think?[/COLOR]

SBETigg
11-10-2009, 09:46 AM
If you're looking for a fine dining experience, I'm not sure Captain's Grill will compare to Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Since you're on the deluxe plan with freedom to enjoy Signature dining, I would stick with Yachtsman's or check out any one of the other amazing Signature dining experiences, like Narcoossee's (with great steak and seafood dishes), Flying Fish, or California Grill.

Actually, dining in that area, I would choose Flying Fish Cafe. It's wonderful with plenty of fish options and a few meat options, too.

Maleficent's Dad
11-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Actually, dining in that area, I would choose Flying Fish Cafe. It's wonderful with plenty of fish options and a few meat options, too.
Sherri's right on with this one, especially if you're on the deluxe plan. The FF has numerous fish options (not all "steak types" of fish) and they're known as well for their NY Strip.

Kaszia
11-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Sherri's right on with this one, especially if you're on the deluxe plan. The FF has numerous fish options (not all "steak types" of fish) and they're known as well for their NY Strip.

Thank you for your advice.The FF is one of our favorites, as is Citricod, and we are trying Narcosees and Cali Grill for the first time so I'm not necessarily looking for another signature dining experience...just a good restaurant with choices for both of us, signature or not.

SBETigg
11-10-2009, 11:50 AM
The Captain's Grill might be a good choice, then, considering your dietary disparities, and you've already tried Flying Fish and were looking for something different.

MinnieMommie
11-11-2009, 06:30 AM
If there is something on the Yachtsman menu your sister can eat I would go with Yachtsman. I like Captains Grill but they are not interchangeable and since you have Yachtsman covered with your plan it is a great place to dine and in a bit different category than Captains.

Are you looking to eat in this area? Can you go into Epcot or elsewhere? :mickey:

ibrowse17
11-11-2009, 04:40 PM
If you can make it happen, the Yatchsman is worth it. A fine dinner in a wonderful place. We enjoy the walk from Epcot to the YC, then a boat ride over to DHS with bellies full of a great dinner. Enjoy:thumbsup: