PDA

View Full Version : REALLY dumb ques... transportation??

brown1442
11-10-2009, 01:11 AM
I *just* booked our vacation for this coming March on line and after submitting everything realized that I didn't select "ground transporation". Is the Disney Magical Express automatically included when you purchase airfare through Disney... or do I need to call them and add that??

I can't believe I didn't check that more carefully!! DUH!

DisneyFr33k
11-10-2009, 05:18 AM
When you make you reservation to stay on property, they'll ask you your flight info. Then several weeks before your trip, you'll be mailed luggage tags to put on your checked baggage. Those will go straight to your resort so you don't have to go claim them. So to answer your question, ME is included a no extra charge. However, you do need to let whoever you booked your trip through what your flight info is so they can prepare the documents and especially to assign the time for the ME ride back to the airport.

seanyred
11-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Just to be sure I would give Disney a call and make sure they have that information. You should also be able to update that info through the website under the My Vacation tab.

faline
11-10-2009, 09:44 AM
While there is no charge for Magical Express, you do need to reserve your space on this transportation in advance of your trip. It is not added automatically when you book your airfare.

Here's information (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/magicalexpress/default.asp) on the service.

Jasper
11-10-2009, 09:53 AM
We had friends who forgot to mark the ME box just like you did and then they got busy and never called Disney back. Needless to say, when they got to Florida there was no ME for them to ride. Fortunately they were able to still rent a car, but it was a pain in the . . .

brown1442
11-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks so much! I just called and they took care of it immediately. Disney ROCKS!! :mickey:

CleveRocks
11-10-2009, 06:35 PM
When you make you reservation to stay on property, they'll ask you your flight info. Then several weeks before your trip, you'll be mailed luggage tags to put on your checked baggage. Those will go straight to your resort so you don't have to go claim them. So to answer your question, ME is included a no extra charge. However, you do need to let whoever you booked your trip through what your flight info is so they can prepare the documents and especially to assign the time for the ME ride back to the airport.Everything you wrote is correct, but you left out a VITAL step ... it is absolutely necessary to make a DME reservation. You have to "opt-in" to use DME. It's included in the price you pay, but it's not automatically included. If you do not make a separate DME reservation, you will not be able to use DME.