PDA

View Full Version : Question About ECV Rental At WDW

DisneyPrincess21
11-10-2009, 12:12 AM
I have been trying to find the correct information on the user weight limit on the ECV's that you can rent at Disney. Someone told me 400+lbs, another person said it was 300, one Disney CM said he think it is 250... that is a pretty broad difference. Does anyone know for sure?

peemagg
11-10-2009, 08:48 AM
I don't know the Disney weight limits, but I do know that most ECV's that are out there for you to buy range from 250-300 lbs max. The only way that it holds more weight than that is if it is a heavy duty model.

ransam
11-10-2009, 12:52 PM
the one thing to remember is that the weight limit is mainly for when you drive it on inclines...since Disney is relatively flat, you should be ok. most of the rides w/ an incline you can tranfer to a wheel chair.

ElenitaB
11-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm working from memory here but according to the label that is on the large grey ECVs that Disney rents, their maximum weight limit is 450 lbs. If this was Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, I'd say I was 80% positive of my answer. I can say with 100% certainty that it was over 400 lbs.

Hope that helps.

DisneyPrincess21
11-10-2009, 10:04 PM
if this was Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, I'd say I was 80% positive of my answer. I can say with 100% certainty that it was over 400 lbs.

Hope that helps.

HAHA
Is that your Final answer??
LOL, What's funny is, earlier today I was asking my mom something and I said "Is that your final answer?" LOL :D

ElenitaB
11-14-2009, 03:38 AM
Will you be our "phone a friend" and confirm what it is when you arrive? :cool:

DisneyPrincess21
11-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Will you be our "phone a friend" and confirm what it is when you arrive? :cool:

LOL! :D

i actually decided to rent from an outside company so i make sure i will have an ecv and i dont have to worry about the parks selling out.
I went shopping at target last night and it confirmed my choice of needing to have the ecv this trip, due to my recent back injury i would Never make it at the parks. I only made it to the back of target yesterday and i was already in pain.

So glad i was able to guarantee an ecv for myself so i know i will still get to enjoy my trip despite my recent injury