PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Dining

DreamFinder2
11-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Just wondering if there are any opinions out there regarding Tokyo Dining in Epcot. We like the way it looks online, but first-hand accounts would be great!

As always, thanks!

Tink1
11-09-2009, 10:55 PM
We enjoyed it so much for dinner, we did it for lunch 2 days later.

I had tempura both times. It was very good, loved the dipping sauce.

My husband does the sushi and shashimi bit and and ejoyed every morsel.

Nanc

2MuchWDFun
11-10-2009, 04:05 PM
We are trying it for the first time on our upcoming December vacation. DS is a huge sushi fan so we're trying it out for him; husband and I are NOT sushi fans; however, there are a lot of other great options on the menu (steak, chicken, scallops, etc). Look forward to hearing other reviews!
Nancy

MOJoe
11-10-2009, 04:06 PM
The food is very good, with plenty of variety. No complaints from my picky eaters. Also, if you get a table near a window, in the evening you can get a glimpse of Illuminations.

AmandaChan
11-11-2009, 02:43 AM
We tried it last year and we were very satisfied. I got the bento box with teriyaki beef. The food is Japanese quality but it kind of adheres to an American's palate.

mousetrapper
11-12-2009, 09:39 AM
This is one of my family's favorite restaurants at WDW. The atmosphere and food was wonderful, but I'd say the service really was what set this restaurant apart. We really felt like we were transported to Japan.

btw, my DDs are vegetarians and had no trouble finding delicious options on the menu.

:thumbsup:

4myprincesses
11-12-2009, 10:38 AM
MMMmm, sushi :)

This is one of my Epcot favorites! They have a wonderful variety of sushi, bento, and other entrees (many of them fully cooked.) We love the view of the World Showcase and service has always been wonderful. In fact, we have reservations there for this Sat and Sun both!

Leaving tomorrow for 6 days at WDW, no kids, just husband and myself!

:cloud9:

mudpuppysmom
11-12-2009, 11:32 AM
We tried this a little while back and no one complained about anything!

DS1 ate his entire meal and then some of mine!! I will say that if you have an older kid who eats well, the kids meal might not be enough for them as was the case for my 5 yr old at the time (he had teriyaki chicken and rice and some vegetables (I can't remember what they were).

I had a bento box and remember seaweed salad the most.....I also had tempura I believe, but it's been a little while.....I did REALLY like the seaweed salad though!

DH had sushi as he normally does when we eat at that type of restaurant and he enjoyed it all.

TikiGoddess
11-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Volcano roll. 'Nuff said.

Seriously, we had a great meal here. It was noisier than I thought it would be but the food made up for the atmosphere. Ask for a table by a window for a great view.

Kathy

SandmanGStefani24
11-15-2009, 12:18 AM
I love it!

It is a must for me each time. It is very quiet, low key, and relaxed. The food is good, and the service is outstanding. I love going in for the food, as well as a nice quiet rest with great service. I love it, and you will too!:number1:

#1donaldfan
11-15-2009, 09:07 AM
We love it there and have gone several times, and will continue to go....the food is great and the cooks are all fun, it's a must at EC....:party:

DreamFinder2
11-18-2009, 10:56 PM
it's a must at EC....:party:

Ooooo..."EC"...there's a blast from the past :D

#1donaldfan
11-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Ooooo..."EC"...there's a blast from the past :D

...I'm glad you noticed !! It took me long enough to learn 'em & I'm gonna use 'em....:cool: