PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickeys and the monorail

tinkfan2
11-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Hey All,
I have a quick question, The day we plan to visit Epcot, we also have ressies at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. What is the best way to do this, my DH wants to park at Epcot and ride the monorail over to the Contemp for breakfast, and then ride it back again so that we don't have to move the cars. We are not staying onsite and also have a wheelchair in our party of 11 family members. Will we have to switch monorail? What is the best way to tackle this and how long should we allow for the trip over, I don't want to miss our ressies.:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
11-09-2009, 04:19 PM
You'll take the monorail to the ticket and transportation, and get on another that stops at the resorts. It will be smooth for you - wheelchairs are a breeze. The monorail goes right into the Contemporary, and you're one floor over Chef Mickey's. You'll see it.:thumbsup:

wdwfansince75
11-09-2009, 05:03 PM
The other option is to park at the Contemporary for the meal, then move to EPCOT parking....That would be the fastest way....CR allows you to park up to 3 hours if you have ADR's. Of course, this approach doesn't allow you to ride the Monorail, which is one of my favorite WDW attractions.

tinkfan2
11-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks for all the info, i think that we will park at epcot and ride the monorail.

tinkfan2
11-09-2009, 06:54 PM
wdwfansince75 I see that you are from Easley, I grew up in Powdersville and my family is still there. Small world huh!

Pirate Granny
11-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Just an FYI...when you go from EPCOT to the ticket center...you must get off the monorail...go down the two story walkway (it's a ramp, no elevators) and then go over to the far walkway, ramp two stories again, no elevators and board another monorail that will stop three times before you get to the Contemporary...so...make sure that your family members will be up for the walk that early and leave in plenty of time from EPCOT...personally, I would drive to Chef Mickeys and then drive over to EPCOT.
:pirate:

Pirate Granny
11-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Actually there is a two story ramp at EPCOT also...not sure about the elevators, but I don't believe they have them either...hence the ramps...so...lots of up and down travelling.
:pirate:

wdwfansince75
11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
wdwfansince75 I see that you are from Easley, I grew up in Powdersville and my family is still there. Small world huh!
Actually, while the address is Easley, we are in Anderson County, about a mile from Wren High. Closer to Powdersville than to Easley.
DDiL #1 teaches at Wren...The Wren band is going to WDW to perform in March...DGS#2 is in the band (Trumpet).
Went to Powdersville today for a Seniors luncheon...While we ain't from around here, we have all come to love it! Plan to be buried at Arlington, but have asked to have some red clay poured on top!

tinkfan2
11-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Actually, while the address is Easley, we are in Anderson County, about a mile from Wren High. Closer to Powdersville than to Easley.
DDiL #1 teaches at Wren...The Wren band is going to WDW to perform in March...DGS#2 is in the band (Trumpet).
Went to Powdersville today for a Seniors luncheon...While we ain't from around here, we have all come to love it! Plan to be buried at Arlington, but have asked to have some red clay poured on top!

I graduated from Wren in 1983, I remember, Easley address, Greenville phone, in Anderson county. I lved in the HAmpton Downs Subdivision and my parents now live in Merrimeadows. My BIL is on the Powdersville Fire Department and so was my nephew, who past away in June. i love that area but DH is from spartanburg so we live here now. Nice to know there is someone else on here from that area. Going to Disney for Thanksgiving.

mudpuppysmom
11-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I do believe there is an elevator at the Epcot monorail station....

To chime in on the how to get there debate.....I'd just park at the TTC and ride the monorail to the Contemporary...when finished at CM's ride monorail back to TTC and switch to Epcot monorail (you can cross right over, you do not have to walk down the ramp and back up another ramp); then when you are finished at Epcot for the day you get to ride the monorail once more back to the TTC.

We just did this on our last trip -- we did not have anyone in a wheelchair, but we did have a stroller. I think this was the easiest way to do the tirp back and forth on everyone involved, plus you get to ride the monorail a few times (which in our family you can never ride the monorail enough -- DS is bummed though that you can no longer ride upfront with the pilot....but I explained that situation to him).

DisneyPrincess21
11-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Actually there is a two story ramp at EPCOT also...not sure about the elevators, but I don't believe they have them either

I do believe there is an elevator at the Epcot monorail station.

You are correct mudpuppysmom there is an elevator at the epcot monorail station to use instead of the ramps.

joelkfla
11-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Heads Up: the Epcot Monorail begins operation at 8 a.m.

Tink#64
11-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Just following this thread as we plan to FINALLY eat at Chef Mickey's on our next trip & I just had to said KUDO'S to everyone on Intercot! All great tips & advice! It's amazing how everyone is always so helpful and just wants to share their experience so that someone else can benfit from it! This is the most awesome group ever! :number1: