PDA

View Full Version : Dsnygirl's "How much can you do in 11 days & still relax?" trip report, day 9

Dsnygirl
11-09-2009, 03:50 PM
So, I'm cutting out all the "extra" stuff about us from the rest of my trip reports, guessing that if you've gotten this far, you've already read it -- and maybe I can condense them a little bit into shorter posts this way!! (Maybe...)

Day 9, Fri Oct 30 - Today we slept in again... we definitely needed it!! We made it over to breakfast at 'Ohana around 9:45... a bit late for our ADR, but no one seemed to mind. :blush: We had the same server we'd had in Dec., what are the odds of that?? He was very nice and brought us lots of good food, as well as filled our lilikoi juice about a million times. We love that stuff. :) The characters were great, but I have to say -- Pluto was amazing!! He was down on all fours, sitting with the kids, walking on all fours table to table, trying to steal food, just really interacting with everyone. It was great!!

After breakfast, we took the monorail to Epcot and got FP's for Soarin', then headed into the World Showcase. There were some countries we'd never been in, and we really wanted to see them!

The first was China - what a lovely spot!! We really enjoyed it there, had some fun shopping and then got really lucky and encountered Mulan right as she came out. She beckoned the girls over, and they had a few special moments with her, which really meant a lot to them, as they'd never seen her. It was really nice.

From there, we went to Germany -- we didn't do too much there and would still like to go back, but a CM told us Snow White would be coming out to the wishing well in a few minutes, and the girls really wanted to see her. So, we went and waited and they were the first in line -- we were getting pretty good at this!

After Germany, we spent a little time in Italy and then headed to Japan, where I wanted to do the "pick a pearl" for my anniversary present. It is so pretty in there, too... I would have enjoyed a bit more time to go up into the koi pond gardens! We shopped a bit, and then found the pearl counter... that was really neat, and I love the pearl I got. Not really big, not small - just beautiful, and we had it set so I could wear it. We headed out to Morocco while they were setting it and had fun exploring all their shops... my DD8 found a belly-dancing skirt she loved, as well as a beaded headdress she has declared she is getting next trip. (and to be honest, she looked quite cute in it!!) As luck would have it, we found Aladdin and Jasmine just coming out as we left Morocco, so the girls were first in line to see them, too... for all the times we've missed the characters in Epcot, today made up for it!! Afterwards, I went to get my necklace -- it is lovely -- and we then headed to France for lunch at the Boulangerie. What a great lunch... it's got to be the least expensive spot in Epcot, and has the best food!! And the mousse is to die for... just ask my DH!! (and yes, he pulled us past the perfume shop again... ;))

After France, we headed back through England as we were getting ready to leave and head to AK for EMH... but we stopped to hear Off Kilter, I just LOVE their music, and loved embarassing my girls as I tried to get them to dance with me to it. :dance: Then it was up into Canada for a bit of shopping & an Off Kilter CD so I could continue the torture at home. :D We took some pictures, esp. at Victoria Gardens with the photopass guy -- it is SO beautiful there!! Oh, and we of course stopped at the Ireland food kiosk again for some more of those molten lava cakes... we knew the girls would love them, and we just couldn't pass up another chance to have them!!

We left Epcot around 5pm and headed over to AK for EMH... one last chance at our favorite rides. We rode EE (believe it or not, I only rode once, Dan and the girls rode twice... :faint: ... ) then off for some shopping, riding Dinosaur twice, hitting the Island Mercantile one last time, and by 7:45, we were out of the park. We had plans to meet our friends at MK, and wanted to get there before Spectromagic started!!

We got there just in time... took some pictures and got up Main St to grab some food from Casey's and settle in for Spectro. (Nothing much better in the evening than corn dog bites and fries on the corner of Main St! Well, maybe ice cream, but that was later... :thumbsup:) Our friends arrived during the parade and we enjoyed catching up with them and watching one last show of Wishes together. Sigh... I hate the last of anything on a trip!! :(

We ran into the Ice Cream Parlour for some big bowls of ice-cream and sundaes after Wishes, and headed down to the Rose Garden to eat and enjoy seeing the castle. It is really too bad this has been turned into a smoking area... I know there have to be smoking spots, but this is such a premiere spot, and thank goodness there weren't too many people down there at park closing.

Our friends told us about the "kiss goodnight" every night, and we didn't think we'd be there long enough to see it... but lo and behold, right as we finshed taking pictures, it started!! How sweet... it really made our night, as did spending it with our friends. This was the last time we'd see them until our next trip, so the hugs were a bit bigger, and we're already looking forward to next time!

We headed back to our resort for some rest... and stopped in the gift shop for a couple of things, as well as a bottle of wine for DH and I to share on the porch after tucking the girls in. Definitely a bonus we never could have enjoyed at CBR!!

(and tonight, it was quite funny... as we got out on the porch and our eyes/ears adjusted to the quiet & the darkness, we could hear "munching" going on... and right there, in front of our room, were four zebras, just having a late night snack!! SO cool!!)

BluewaterBrad
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
I am getting jealous about your room view. That really must have been great. Off Kilter is a fantastic band. Love seeing multiple sets when I am at EPCOT!:mickey:

Nascfan
11-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm dying with anticipation for AKL, Blythe. You have made me SO excited for our trip with your reports and pictures! :thumbsup:

faline
11-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Very impressive! Three parks in one day! I've stayed at Animal Kingdom several times and have never had zebras on our savannah! Very cool!

Mickey'sGirl
11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
What a fabulous day. Nothing seemed rushed, but you did so much! I am very impressed!

ElenitaB
11-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Ditto to what Jenn said!

I agree: anything "last" on a trip is totally bittersweet.

offwego
11-10-2009, 11:50 AM
A fantstic day, what a great way to unwind at the end as well.

I'm so glad your having fun even if some of it is becoming bittersweet.

thanks so much for making the time to share this with us.:thumbsup:

DizNee143
11-10-2009, 02:44 PM
wow!
what a busy day!!! hitting three parks!! sounds like a funfilled day!!
and what a relaxing way to end the night with your hubby!! :mickey:

KylesMom
11-11-2009, 04:29 PM
You sure hit the characters perfectly at EPCOT today, Blythe! What a delightful day, hitting three of the four parks. I'm shocked - you let the girls best you on the number of times you rode E:E today? :D

and headed down to the Rose Garden to eat and enjoy seeing the castle. It is really too bad this has been turned into a smoking area... I know there have to be smoking spots, but this is such a premiere spot

I so agree with you there. Funny about those munching zebras when you're trying to enjoy your wine, huh?! Great day, another fab report!:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: