PDA

View Full Version : Phone vs. On-line ADRs

dani226
11-09-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm set to make my ADRs for our May trip on Saturday. However, I may not have (easy) access to a computer at 6am. Have people who have stuck to making ADRs over the phone (an hour later than others can make them on-line) found that they've had significant difficulty booking popular TS restaurants? I'm wondering if I should go completely out of my way to get on-line at 6am (on Saturday, mind you), or if I'll probably be OK doing them over the phone at 7am. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated:mickey:!

clausjo
11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I just made my ADRs for our 4 day trip in early February last week. I was able to make them online without any problems. I was having trouble finding a time at Leclieur so I called. I still wasn't able to get the time I wanted, but I was able to get a pretty late lunch. The CM was very helpful and even checked the kid's lunch menu to let me know what was on it. Just today, I called to change one of my dinner reservations to include a few more people. I could have done it online, but my mom is in a wheelchair and I didn't see anyplace online to note that. I was able to change it over the phone without any problem and she made the wheelchair accessible note for me. So, all in all, I've had good luck with using both systems. If you're trying to get one of those hard to book locations, you may have better luck calling. Good luck!

rubato
11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
I tried to do mine online, but the system was down. I got everything I wanted on the phone down to the minute. And, I was going for Le Cellier at 7 pm. I would definitely call if it's more convenient for you! It didn't take long either. Maybe 10-15 total minutes. No hold time either. Good luck!!:mickey:

alicefan76
11-09-2009, 03:20 PM
I called 2 weeks ago to book ADRs for late April/early May. I had no trouble getting all the restaurants we wanted. In fact, this is the first time EVER we got everything we wanted. :clappy:

We booked TS for 7 of our 8 evenings with times between 5 and 7 for each one.

tdk316
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I booked online and was able to make reservations for everything we wanted including Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park, etc. I was done booking before the phone lines opened. Also, try getting into the system earlier than you're supposed to - when I booked the online system was open a lot earlier than it was supposed to be!

Kaszia
11-10-2009, 08:50 AM
I was one of those people who could start booking on 10/27 and had on choice but to call because the on=line system system was down, I was patient, didn't panic, was persistent and got through before 11 am. I had a wonderful CM who worked very hard for me to get the ADR's I wanted. Since then I needed to change several and I did so on-ine with no problem, I think which ever way you go, you will be fine. Don't stress and here's some :pixie: for you just for luck.

dani226
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks everyone! Sounds like no one has had significant difficulty calling, and since that is the easier option for me, that's what I'll do. Luckily, dining with a 3yo, we tend to book earlier times (first thing for breakfast, and a 5 or 5:30pm dinner), so hopefully that will help us:thumbsup:

CaptSmee
11-10-2009, 09:16 PM
used the online booking system for the 1st time for our upcoming trip. had no problems & clear sailing using it! have an idea of where you want to dine and approx times ahead of time. was able to secure everything we were looking for!:thumbsup:

Ms. Mode
11-12-2009, 08:37 AM
I tried getting on-line @ 6am and the system just would not work, so I called.

We got everything we wanted and the operator was able to just look at what times they had available instead of me putting in times and updating the computer continuously :thumbsup:

d_m_n_n
11-12-2009, 10:44 AM
I think that since you are planning for May, you won't have any trouble getting what you want. When we used to plan 180 days out we got everything...at 90 days we missed out on some of our favorites. Good luck...but I would probably just stick with the phone line! :mickey:

dani226
11-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks for all the advice! I just wanted to let everyone know that I did end up calling at 7am (on the dot!) and got absolutely EVERYTHING I wanted!!! I got the exact times I wanted to, including:

Le Cellier
O'hanas
Chef Mickey's
Akershus
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
Biergarten
Boma

I'm glad I listened to your advice & didn't get up at the crack of dawn to get to a computer. Thanks again!

d_m_n_n
11-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Your choices look fantastic!!! Congrats on getting what you wanted!!! :D