PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on Oct.

Deesdisney
11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
We are planning on going down the last week of oct. I was wondering how hot and humid it is? Also besides the Halloween party at MK do the hotels have any special events for Halloween? How busy is it? I also was going to make my res. now so I can pay on it monthly and I was wondering if a special came up if they would put me into it automatically or do I need to call? Thank you for your input.:confused:

SBETigg
11-09-2009, 11:30 AM
If you book through the Magical Journeys agency, they will automatically change your reservation to reflect discounts or specials. They have saved me hundreds and cost me nothing. I'm a convert. If you book on your own through WDW Travel, you will have to rebook on your own or just lose out if specials or discounts come up. They will not automatically apply them. This is why I love booking through MJ (an ICOT Sponsor- see sidebar).

End of October: Usually warm but not overly hot and humid. Usually 70s-80s but we have had some 90s and some 50s, depending. We also had a hurricane in that week one year, so anything can happen. It's not normally the rainy time of year. I love the weather in late October.

I believe the resorts do some trick or treating on actual Halloween. There's also the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot through October. I think it's a great time to go. Moderate crowds, for the most part. Weekends at World Showcase can bring high crowds.

Strmchsr
11-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I would ditto what Sherri said, especially about booking through Magical Journeys. Makes it MUCH easier and doesn't cost you a thing.

All I would add is that I don't remember hearing anything this year about the resorts doing anything, but Downtown Disney has trick-or-treating (though it's packed). Crowds are moderate and can be pretty heavy on the weekend.

Check the historic weather conditions page in Info Central for exact weather on your dates for the last few years. That will give you a good picture of what to expect.

Belster
11-09-2009, 01:43 PM
We just got back from WDW last week. While it is a lovely time to go it is still a bit hot. It was abnormally hot last week...95 feels like 101.

Our hotel...CSR has trick o treating and a pool movie on Halloween. The sign they had up said they had trick o treating with characters but I was not there to confirm. We went DTD. DTD has trick o treating and some other shows but man was that jam packed!!!

I feel like the crowds are wonderful in October. We love it!! We always go the last week or the week before the last week.

Polynesian Dweller
11-09-2009, 01:53 PM
October is a good time to go. We generally find the temps to be moderate (for Florida;) ) and not too humid. But there can always be exceptions to that. This year there were near record to record highs just before we got there on mid Oct and then near record lows out first 3 days followed by unusual highs afterwards. But generally, over about 20 years it's been reasonable.

Halloween typically is primarily MK and main street. Resorts don't really decorate but often have activities for kids on the 31st.

VWL Mom
11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
WL had a parade and trick or treating for the kids this year. We went to MNSSHP but I spoke with some people at the pool that said it was fun.

The first few days were uncharacteristically hot but then it settled back to warm days and cooler nights.