PDA

View Full Version : Disney Calendar

disneymom2000
11-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Is there anywhere I can find a calendar that lists things like when Pop Warner players, cheerleader competition, high school senior day etc are going on at Walt Disney World? In 2007 I actually went into the internet and checked several hundred school districts for Christmas vacation closings before making my plans but didn't know about Pop Warner week until booking with MJ's. It would be a wonderful tool to use.:keyboard:

faline
11-08-2009, 09:00 PM
There is no central place that lists all of the events that you're asking about. It would be extremely difficult to get all of these in one place.

Iluvpooh
11-12-2009, 01:36 PM
It would be really nice if there was such a thing. It could also list large conventions going on in the Orlando area.:thumbsup: "Jersey week" Tom Joyner family reunion ect..

cjnettles10
11-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I copied and posted this from mousesavers

Some less-known events that may affect crowds, park hours and/or traffic at Walt Disney World:

Cheerleeding/Twirl/Dance Competitions - Various dates each year, especially January-March. These usually don't have a lot of impact on the in-park crowds. The issue is that the Value resorts (All-Stars and Pop Century) play host to hordes of girls who can be extremely loud -- so you may want to avoid those resorts during competitions. Some events take place at Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular in Disney's Hollywood Studios, so that attraction might be closed. Some of the competitions and events include College Cheerleading & Dance Team National Championships (January 15-18, 2010), National Dance Team Championship (February 5-7, 2010), National High School Cheerleading Championship (February 12-16, 2010), Twirlmania (February 19-22, 2010), Contest of Champions Nationals (February 27 and March 5-7, 2010), National All Star Cheerleading Championship (March 12-16, 2010), All Star Cheerleading and Dance Worlds (April 24-26, 2010).

Mardi Gras Week. February or March (varies annually - 2010 date: February 16). Many New Orleans schools have all or part of this week off, so families leave town the weekend before the holiday and head to Disney World in droves.

Grad Nites - Usually the last two weekends of April. (2010 dates: April 23, 24, 30 and May 1) Private parties for graduating high school seniors are held from 10:00 pm through 4:00 am at Disney's Hollywood Studios. On Grad Nites, the park will probably close to the public at about 6:00 pm. From 8:00 pm on, avoid driving in the area around the park as busloads of kids will be arriving, which may affect traffic.
Gay Days. First week of June (2010 in-park dates: June 3-6). Visit GayDays.com and OneMightyWeekend.com for more info about the two organized events. At most, only one park per day will be more crowded than normal; often there is no discernable effect on crowds.

"Jersey Week" - Usually the first or second week of November. The New Jersey schools have a teachers' convention (2009 dates: November 5-6), which is often close to Veterans Day. Lots of people take advantage of this time off to pull their kids out of school for the whole week and add on the weekend before and/or after, taking this opportunity to go to Disney World in the "off season." New Jersey is the single biggest market for Walt Disney World -- you do the math!

ABC's Very Merry Christmas Day Parade footage is taped in advance in Magic Kingdom, usually shortly after Thanksgiving (2009 dates: December 3-5). The exact dates aren't usually released until sometime in the fall. Unless you want to watch the production process, you may want to avoid Magic Kingdom, because it creates crowd problems. Also, some shows or parades may be cancelled or rescheduled. The Christmas Day Parade is broadcast on ABC on December 25 each year.

Pop Warner Week - The Pop Warner Superbowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships are held at Disney World in early December (2009 dates: December 5-12). The Value resorts and some of the Moderate resorts will be FULL of kids (both football players and cheerleaders). Expect a lot of noise if you stay there. This event can cause crowds at the parks in the evenings (not during the day, since they are busy competing) and there have been some unfortunate incidents, including violent fights between teams.

Hope this helps.

Iluvpooh
11-12-2009, 01:49 PM
We were there last year in February, what they don't tell you about the cheer groups is- THAT THEY CHEER EVERYWHERE! And then they bump into other cheer groups and then they try and cheer louder than the other one. They cheer in restaurants, they cheer in line, they cheer on buses and if you are really unlucky, they cheer outside your hotel room door at 6am!

disneymom2000
11-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Yup that's the kind of information I am looking for. I researched all that when I was planning our December trip in 2007 and we were lucky to have made our first day there the day after all the pop warner - cheerleading stuff. I really enjoyed it. I want to go again in December 2010 and was just scoping out the activities at that timeframe.

Strmchsr
11-21-2009, 08:21 AM
The dates on those events change year to year. The best place to find the info is at the Disney Wide World of Sports website. They maintain a full calendar of events so that as soon as the event is booked its posted. That's generally where I check my info.

goofyfan4466
11-21-2009, 07:30 PM
I copied and posted this from mousesavers

Some less-known events that may affect crowds, park hours and/or traffic at Walt Disney World:

Cheerleeding/Twirl/Dance Competitions - Various dates each year, especially January-March. These usually don't have a lot of impact on the in-park crowds. The issue is that the Value resorts (All-Stars and Pop Century) play host to hordes of girls who can be extremely loud -- so you may want to avoid those resorts during competitions. Some events take place at Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular in Disney's Hollywood Studios, so that attraction might be closed. Some of the competitions and events include College Cheerleading & Dance Team National Championships (January 15-18, 2010), National Dance Team Championship (February 5-7, 2010), National High School Cheerleading Championship (February 12-16, 2010), Twirlmania (February 19-22, 2010), Contest of Champions Nationals (February 27 and March 5-7, 2010), National All Star Cheerleading Championship (March 12-16, 2010), All Star Cheerleading and Dance Worlds (April 24-26, 2010).

Mardi Gras Week. February or March (varies annually - 2010 date: February 16). Many New Orleans schools have all or part of this week off, so families leave town the weekend before the holiday and head to Disney World in droves.

Grad Nites - Usually the last two weekends of April. (2010 dates: April 23, 24, 30 and May 1) Private parties for graduating high school seniors are held from 10:00 pm through 4:00 am at Disney's Hollywood Studios. On Grad Nites, the park will probably close to the public at about 6:00 pm. From 8:00 pm on, avoid driving in the area around the park as busloads of kids will be arriving, which may affect traffic.
Gay Days. First week of June (2010 in-park dates: June 3-6). Visit GayDays.com and OneMightyWeekend.com for more info about the two organized events. At most, only one park per day will be more crowded than normal; often there is no discernable effect on crowds.

"Jersey Week" - Usually the first or second week of November. The New Jersey schools have a teachers' convention (2009 dates: November 5-6), which is often close to Veterans Day. Lots of people take advantage of this time off to pull their kids out of school for the whole week and add on the weekend before and/or after, taking this opportunity to go to Disney World in the "off season." New Jersey is the single biggest market for Walt Disney World -- you do the math!

ABC's Very Merry Christmas Day Parade footage is taped in advance in Magic Kingdom, usually shortly after Thanksgiving (2009 dates: December 3-5). The exact dates aren't usually released until sometime in the fall. Unless you want to watch the production process, you may want to avoid Magic Kingdom, because it creates crowd problems. Also, some shows or parades may be cancelled or rescheduled. The Christmas Day Parade is broadcast on ABC on December 25 each year.

Pop Warner Week - The Pop Warner Superbowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships are held at Disney World in early December (2009 dates: December 5-12). The Value resorts and some of the Moderate resorts will be FULL of kids (both football players and cheerleaders). Expect a lot of noise if you stay there. This event can cause crowds at the parks in the evenings (not during the day, since they are busy competing) and there have been some unfortunate incidents, including violent fights between teams.

Hope this helps.

THIS IS AWESOME TO KNOW. THANK YOU