PDA

View Full Version : Talk me into...

Belster
11-08-2009, 04:25 PM
December. My family loves to go in October to WDW. We just got back last week and are considering a December trip for 2010.

What do you love about December? For those of you that have gone in both October and December can you comapre for me?

faline
11-08-2009, 04:39 PM
October:
Warmer weather.
Mickey's Halloween Party
Moderate crowds.

December:
Weather can be iffy though most of the time it is nice. However, it can be iffy eough to require gloves and winter coats.
Early December features low to moderate crowds. As you get closer to the holiday, crowds increase dramatically. From around the 21st or so through the end of the year, you can expect the highest crowd levels possible.
Mickey's Christmas party.
Holiday decorations.
Osborne lights
Candlelight Processional

Both months have their good points. I love going to Disney in December for the holiday festivities but prefer to leave by about the 20th or so.

Zippy 1
11-08-2009, 05:49 PM
We love December for the holiday atmosphere. There are so many decorations to see and enjoy. One of our favorites is the Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. It just puts us in the holiday mood. We have had wonderful weather when there at this time. Early December right after Thanksgiving. Not overly crowded and lots of fun!!:mickey:

GrandFlo
11-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Those are my two favorite times. The only difference for us is that sometimes December can be much cooler, but it is worth it for all the holiday decorations and amazing holiday spirit throughout all of Disney. If I had to pick one, it would be December.

As others mentioned....be careful what time of the month you go.....early December is great but the closer to Christmas the more crowded it gets.