PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating your 50th birthday in Disney

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
11-08-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone else ever celebrated thier 50th birthday in Disney?

I am thinking about taking the family there next year for my 50th and wondered what are some things other members did when they celebrated thier 50th birthday there.

Thanks,

T-Belle
11-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Hello! I celebrated my 50th in 2008. My birthday is in March but I began to plan it the summer before. Here's how it went.
Yes, I planned it because well, I'm the planner in the family and I thought if I HAVE to turn 50 I want to do it at my happy place.
Logistically I was very lucky. With the exception of my oldest DS and my DD fiancé, everyone lives within driving distance.
I have 2 brother's and 1 sister. Counting them and their spouse's and children and 1 grandnephew we numbered 19.
I tried to keep in mind that not all of them are Disney nuts like myself so I wanted to have my birthday dinner somewhere that wouldn't cost anyone the cost of a park ticket to get to. So I chose O'Hana's.
Several month's ahead of time I sent an e-mail to all with all the info including links to the resorts, ticket prices etc.
Bottom line~the whole family came. Even the non disneyphiles and we had a blast!!! Some stayed on property while other's chose to stay off property. Some used the birthday excuse to have a mini vacation.
To have all these people that I love so much sitting at one table eating, laughing and enjoying my birthday is one that I will cherish always.
My sister and daughter secretly contacted everyone to give me a wonderful gift. My sister gave me a charm bracelet with a "50" charm. Then each member gave a "favorite Joan" moment and gave me a different charm for my bracelet.
Tho I hadn't asked anyone to purchase a park ticket, they all did. After dinner we all got on the monorail and got to EPCOT in time to watch Illuminations. A great way to end the evening.
It was exhausting planning and executing a celebration dinner with so many people but it was worth it all. Beyond a doubt~the best birthday I've ever had!!!!

mickeys_princess_mom
11-09-2009, 09:02 PM
My DD and Just2Mickey surprised me w/ a trip (the night before!) to WDW for my 50th. It was wonderful, and definitely took the sting out of those numbers! Had a ball!

TheRustyScupper
11-10-2009, 12:49 AM
1) When I turned fifty, Chip-and-Dale came and wished Happy Birthday.
2) It was a good moment.
3) Obviously, the pic is framed and on the wall.