PDA

View Full Version : odds of comfortable park weather early february?

dyin tago
11-07-2009, 08:25 PM
hello everyone.

wife and were planning to do early march for a break from the hot muggy weather when we usually go in september but now early february may work better for us.

are chances good to have weather in the 70`s this time of year?:mickey:

luvkatiebug
11-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Being from Louisiana, we often go in February when get a few days off for Mardi Gras. It has always been great weather. Its usually a little cool in the morning (jacket or sweatshirt weather), and then warms up in the afternoon. I usually do short sleeves and jeans, but you could probably wear shorts. Of course, every year is different, but I've always enjoyed it! :mickey:

Itchy
11-08-2009, 12:25 AM
I have been there twice in early feb just before valentines day. The first trip last year had temps at night in the mid 30's and low 70's in the day. We had a cold front come through which did not last to long. This year the weather was great mid 50's at night and low 70's in the day. Just be sure to pack for both warm and cool to cold weather.

Hope this helps:mickey:

beksy
11-08-2009, 10:46 AM
We went the second week of February in 2008 and had the best weather I've ever had at Disney! It was in the 70's and got down into upper 50's-lower 60's at night. We tend to be hot so we wore capris every day and t-shirts. Then at night we just wore a light jacket and were very comfortable. We loved it--great weather, low crowds! We were even able to go swimming. Be prepared for anything, though. We went in February when I was in high school (1994 maybe?) and it was cold! :freeze: We were in jeans and sweatshirts most of the week and one night had to bring out a heavy coat, gloves, and hats (gave Mom a good excuse to buy a blanket in Mexico though!). I think this is unusual though and I would not hesitate to go in February again. Just pack for anything. :mickey:

Bellewannabe
11-08-2009, 06:59 PM
The first week of Feb '09 the temps touched the high 20s in the am. Not really pool weather! Think layers because it can really go either way.

CleveRocks
11-08-2009, 09:12 PM
We were there Feb. 7 - 14, 2009 and were blessed with very nice weather, highs in the low 70s to low 80s, lows in the upper 50s to upper 60s.

But the week immediately before us, the Orlando area saw RECORD-BREAKING low temperatures. It made us very nervous reading about it and seeing it on TV immediately before our trip.

I asked CMs about it once we got down there. They told us they saw guests walking around our resort (Polynesian) WEARING their blankets and bedspreads because it was soooooo unexpectedly cold.

So you never know.

Iluvpooh
11-09-2009, 12:31 AM
We were there the same week last year. It was chilly the first 2 days and down right hot Valentine's weekend! Fantastic weather we actually went for a swim on a few days. I'm from Alabama. So, it has to be pretty warm before I get in the water. We enjoyed the weather so much that we are going again this/next year. (2010)

Strmchsr
11-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Too early to say what you'll have this year, but check the historic weather conditions page in Info Central to see the exact weather on your dates over the last 5 years. That should give you a good idea of what to expect.

bruin1344
11-09-2009, 01:17 PM
when i use to go mid-Feb, the temps highs ranged from 65-85 and nights were 40-60

Tick-Tock
11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
When we were there mid-February a few years ago, there was a high of 80 or so on the Wednesday and a high in the 50s and raining the next day. Quite the sudden change!