PDA

View Full Version : air conditioning question

tiggerificmom
11-07-2009, 01:04 PM
We're planning a trip for March 2010. We wanted the cabins but they are all sold out for the dates that I need. So we've decided to try the other moderate hotels. Can anyone tell me what type of air conditioning they offer? I get conflicting pictures...some show the stand alone a/c unit and other have the wall thermostat.

lockedoutlogic
11-07-2009, 03:40 PM
unless they've changed the system recently during a refit....they all have window units below the window controlled by a wall thermostat...

all moderates are exterior entry...which means it isn't practical have rooms fed of central units as they feature in the deluxes....

If the moderates have been rehabbed within the last couple of years....they would most likely feature the eco friendly control units that are featured on rehabbed locations and the new DVC units....these are motion activated controls that shut the system down...or drastically raise the temperature (or lower for the 8 days a year it's less that 70 degrees in orlando) to conserve energy. The most noticeable result is that your room will be pretty warm when you return to it after leaving for the day or an extended time

sacandjac
11-08-2009, 10:02 AM
We recently stayed at Coronado Springs in Cabanas 8B and we had a wall thermostat.