PDA

View Full Version : Another ECV Rental Question

DisneyPrincess21
11-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I might have to rent an ecv on my upcoming trip in 3 weeks due to sciatic nerve pain. I am going to use an outside company if i do rent one, i will only need it for use at the parks (i cant afford to rent from WDW directly because of finances, the outside compaines are cheaper)

My question is, Are there any outside rental companies where i can rent the ecv on a daily basis for the days when i will be going to the parks? And instead of them delivering to my WDW resort can they deliver the ECV and meet me at the park before i go in the gate (since i will only need it for the day while at the park and not to help me get there)

ElenitaB
11-07-2009, 10:34 AM
I think your best bet would be to call Buena Vista Scooter Rentals to see if they would do a daily rental. I highly doubt that any company would meet you at the entrance to the park as they would have to park and get the scooter there (not easy from the parking lots if you don't have a handicapped tag). With Buena Vista, you could at least go to their location at the Boardwalk (you can find them where the surrey bike rentals are). From there you can easily go to Epcot and DHS, or take the bus from the Boardwalk to MK or AK.

tinklover
11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
I just got back from a week at WDW and the first day I walked I was fine. The second night we hung out at the hotel and did mini golf and then went to the MNSSHP. I was in tears on the way out of the park that night. My DBF rented me a scooter from Apple rentals and they brought it right to me at Pop. it was cheaper then buena vista and had 24 hour care and the insurence was included in the price. i was fearful of using one due to all of the horror stories i had heard and read about. i had not one problem and only a few dirty looks. the dirty looks were because a family was trying to get on TSMM in the FP lane and they were turned away since they had no Fast passes and no GAC. I rolled up and showed them my GAC ( which I had before the scooter due to my hip and sciatica and anxiety issues) and they waved me thru and all you could hear outside were loud voices and 4 letter words.

I would say use the scooter while you are there you never know how far you will be placed away from the bus stops or if driving , the parking lot. the scooter i had broke right down to fit in the trunk or the back of our jeep if needed offsite.

good luck and I hope you have a magical trip

ransam
11-07-2009, 07:27 PM
I would call Apple Scooters or Randy's Scooters.. There prices are really cheap and great customer service. They would work w/ you.
and you might find it mmight just be easier and cheaper to have it w/ you the whole trip.

good luck.

ransam
11-07-2009, 07:29 PM
I just got back from a week at WDW and the first day I walked I was fine. The second night we hung out at the hotel and did mini golf and then went to the MNSSHP. I was in tears on the way out of the park that night. My DBF rented me a scooter from Apple rentals and they brought it right to me at Pop. it was cheaper then buena vista and had 24 hour care and the insurence was included in the price. i was fearful of using one due to all of the horror stories i had heard and read about. i had not one problem and only a few dirty looks. the dirty looks were because a family was trying to get on TSMM in the FP lane and they were turned away since they had no Fast passes and no GAC. I rolled up and showed them my GAC ( which I had before the scooter due to my hip and sciatica and anxiety issues) and they waved me thru and all you could hear outside were loud voices and 4 letter words.

I would say use the scooter while you are there you never know how far you will be placed away from the bus stops or if driving , the parking lot. the scooter i had broke right down to fit in the trunk or the back of our jeep if needed offsite.

good luck and I hope you have a magical trip

i have never had anyone that i noticed say or do anything, but i'm sorry you did...i wish people would know how hard it is to be handicapped. I would love, and i mean love to be able to walk all over disney and not need an EVC. It would be a dream come true to be able to walk and take my time through Epcot.
and if we're paying our money, the same money anyoen else is, then i say use the EVC so you can get the most out of it youcan.

tinklover
11-07-2009, 07:53 PM
oh no see these people had a family member in a scooter too but no GAC for alternate entrance. They were told they had to have a fast pass or go in the stand by line but they had to park the scooter. They were upset that I got to do what they wanted but I had the GAC.

ElenitaB
11-07-2009, 10:28 PM
As the OP asked about daily rentals, I did check the Apple site (they have a 3 day minimum but will deliver to a specific site or "meet and great"). It seems that Randy's will rent for 1 day (that is, overnight). I'd call several companies and see how they can meet your needs.

DisneyPrincess21
11-07-2009, 11:18 PM
I am thinking about renting the ECV on thursday&friday then again on sunday & monday. If the company will let me do it that way. I am going to stick with buena vista because i have heard the best about them. I emailed them to fimd out if their models will tear down so i can put it in the back of my SUV instead of using disney transportation.

I dunno, it's the thought of having to ride on the ecv on the lift that makes me feel funny since i only need it due to all the walking at the park itself, i dont "look sick" since it is my back that i hurt and i dont want people to stare at me anymore than i already know they will be. I feel like wearing a shirt that says "please dont stare at me, i am allowed to be an ecv even though i "look normal" i hurt my back" LOL do you think i can make that shirt at DTD? J/k