PDA

View Full Version : Abbreviations

Ms. Mode
11-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Is it just me, or do you sometimes have trouble figuring out what/where someone is talking about with these abbreviations?

I'm must be getting old:)

faline
11-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Will this (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp) help?

Ms. Mode
11-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Wonderful!

Thank you so much :mickey:

retiredfigment
11-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I had trouble for the longest time - slowly picked it up. The site Faline directed you to was the best. Just don't forget to scroll all the way to the bottom. The DD, DS, DH etc. messed me up for a while until I looked there. :secret:

KylesMom
11-06-2009, 10:33 AM
As you get more comfortable with the site, it does get easier - I promise! I have to laugh at myself, because oftentimes when I'm sending Disney advice to my friends & co-workers I'll slip into INTERCOT form & realize I've just typed something like "don't miss PotC". Like they're going to know that's Pirates of the Caribbean! :mickey:

rubato
11-06-2009, 11:52 AM
While talking to people about Disney, I keep saying that I've made my ADRs. So far, every single person has looked at me like I've suddenly broken into a foreign language. I guess I kind of have!;)

Ms. Mode
11-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Ok, I confess that I thought DH and DD stood for "Disney Husband and Disney Daughter" and I thought that really fit...so I'll probably keep thinking that way..lol

BMan62
11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
As you get more comfortable with the site, it does get easier - I promise! I have to laugh at myself, because oftentimes when I'm sending Disney advice to my friends & co-workers I'll slip into INTERCOT form & realize I've just typed something like "don't miss PotC". Like they're going to know that's Pirates of the Caribbean! :mickey:

Maybe they would think you weer talking about "Happy Days" and Potsie Webber!!! :)

brownie
11-07-2009, 10:51 AM
I try to avoid using the abbreviations because not everyone knows them and there are always new people coming on board.