PDA

View Full Version : What to do on arrival day...????

d_m_n_n
11-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Which would you do on your arrival night (no parks)....

Spirit of Aloha Tier 1 (OOP),

HDD Tier 1 (OOP),

HDD Tier 3 (DDP) or

Disney Quest (included on our passes)?

:mickey:

Ms. Mode
11-06-2009, 08:47 AM
If you have Disney Quest included I would do that on arrival night. I've read alot about it but never been....sounds like fun :thumbsup:

BW Fan
11-06-2009, 08:59 AM
HDD Tier 1 (OOP) :mickey::beer::mickey:

Tygger7
11-06-2009, 09:21 AM
HDD, any tier. We did DQ for the first time in May 2008 and were extremely disappointed. My DD & DH are huge video game fans, but the place was packed and after being there for over an hour, we didn't get to play one game. We also did HDD for the first time during that trip and it was one of our favorite experiences. The show was fantastic, and the food was absolutely delicious.

Another "first day" activity to consider is to walk around the Boardwalk.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-06-2009, 09:41 AM
I would do Hoop-Dee-Do!

We love HDD, it is a fun dinner/show every time, and would be a great way to start a trip.

If you have the extra $$, I'd pay for tier 1, if not use the DDP for tier 3 - either way you'll enjoy the show :mickey:

DisneyWFan
11-06-2009, 11:25 AM
It depends on when you arrive DQ is only good if you go during a weekday before school gets out never in the afternoon, weekend, Fla. school vacation weeks or Fla. summer vacation as it is always packed with local kids the other two I have not been to but have heard great things about HDDR

mousetrapper
11-07-2009, 12:25 PM
HDD is a great way to kick off your Disney trip!

I also love Chef Mickey's for dinner - with the original characters and great Contemporary atmosphere, a hearty buffet, plus the Monorail coming right into the resort - you can't beat it for that magical Disney feeling!

We do Chef Mickey's for our first dinner every trip. :thumbsup:

mustBgoofy
11-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm so glad you posted this! I feel much better after reading the responses as I chose to take my DH to HDD (Tier1) for our first night. This is going to be his first trip!!

ransam
11-07-2009, 07:23 PM
I think a lot depends on what time you get in.
we get in on a Saturday at about 2 30pm. Our plan is to go to MK, start it off right by walking down main street, and eat supper...then do the pirates cruise that night.....we t hought it be a nice little start to our vacation.